K. Srikanth क्. स्रिकनथ्

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

More or less, I think he will not even qualify for Tokyo if he plays like this. On the sidenote, sai will surpass sameer soon.

#561 Baddyforall, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Sumanth99, Baddie lover and mohans like this.
  2. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Third time he's getting a favorable draw and losing by playing half heartedly. No aggression. It seems like he was just there to participate. Yesterday he posted in Instagram and the link is above.

He conceded the chance of winning India's first MS medal in last year WC (had a perfect draw). He lost meekly in first round of last year Asian Games and now today, he had an opportunity to reach finals of Thai tournament. Again lost. Bad bad form and worse is his attitude.

3. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Funny boy. Looking at his post, it appears though, he himself is not aware of his own game standards. He escaped the defeat by a whisker yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#563 mohans, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  4. mohans

mohans Regular Member

5. mohans

mohans Regular Member

6. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    It's amazing that he feels he has had a great season in 2019 so far. Qualify or not I really don't fancy his chances of a podium finish in 2020. He simply seems reluctant when he is on court. I can't believe that a sudden change in the coaching regime can affect a player so much if that's the case. He simply has not been himself ever since Mulyo Handoyo departed or maybe there's something else. It's disheartening to see someone with a potential as huge as Srikanth has to be underachieving of late.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Personally, I disagree with Srikanth that left-handed players have a definite advantage over right-handed players. Mind you, we're not talking about amateurs but professional badminton at the highest level - if you're not able to do the necessary adjustment(s) to deal with a southpaw, then , I'm afraid, you are simply not a top-notch player.

We've never heard of LCW or Chen Long saying Lin Dan's left-handedness is an attributable advantage. And, Tian Houwei, himself a lefty, has gone on record to say there is no special advantage for left-handed players, none at all.

At most, we can say, it is easier for lefties to get used to playing righties who constitute the great majority than the other way round, that's all. It's akin to getting used to certain playing conditions like the drift (air movement), shuttles used, lighting, which however have to be within allowable limits set by BWF Statutes, Section 5.3.4: SPECIFICATIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL STANDARD FACILITIES https://system.bwfbadminton.com/doc...3.4 - Specs for Int'l Standard Facilities.pdf (except for noise level which is not covered in the statute).

8. mohans

mohans Regular Member

His recent interviews suggest: either he is completely unaware of his own game standards or just he tries to play it down in front media

9. mohans

mohans Regular Member

His recent interviews suggest: either he is completely unaware of his own game standards or just he tries to play it down in front media

10. mohans

mohans Regular Member

samkool likes this.
  11. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    One thing Srikant really has to work on is his fragile mindset. He is putting himself down and thinks winning the first round is a huge achievement. He gotta try for glory every time and the people around him need to make him realise that he is capable of winning top 5 players consistently. What he really needs is a mental conditioning coach like Paddy Upton. He has to play his natural game with 100% commitment.

Play hard. Train harder.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  12. Baddie lover

His Instagram posts will make you feel what's wrong with him. That hunger seems to have vanished.

13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Srikanth Kidambi blames frequent injuries for poor form.

Link: https://sportstar.thehindu.com/badm...rld-tour-indian-badminton/article29323727.ece

Excerpt:

With the 2020 Tokyo Olympics looming, Srikanth has his work cut out. “I have to be really patient,” Srikanth said. “I have gone through many injuries. I have not been able to train at a high level in the last year and a half. The first priority is now to sort out the injuries. It's a process. Things won’t change overnight. You don't even know if you will get it back if you work hard. I have to just continuously work thinking it will.”

“It is [frustrating] sometimes because you always get on to the court to win. But you should also understand your body. My knee has been hurting. It was around the Sudirman Cup (May) that it started. It's been on and off since then. I also got a little scared whether I can push myself or not.”

“I have lost about 10-12 quarterfinals [in the last year]. That [hurdle] is something which is there in my mind. But it isn't the only thing I am looking at. It is about improving. Even if I win a tournament, I come back and train to improve. Unfortunately, I have not been able to train at the level required.”

As he looks ahead to the China Open which starts in a fortnight, Srikanth felt it was crucial to stay injury free for a few months to regain his touch.

“In 2017 I was able to train at 100 per cent. Now I am in a position where I have to protect myself and that is showing in the results

Biglever likes this.
  14. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

With the current situation, I would like to have Prannoy and Sai to be sent to Tokyo instead of Srikanth who is always break down during pressure situations.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Given that interview, this year's preparation prospects looks very bleak.

16. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Srikanth Kidambi cites knee injury and pulls out of China/Korea Open.

17. mohans

mohans Regular Member

#577 mohans, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    LenaicM likes this.
  18. mohans

mohans Regular Member

SK registers for Denmark open and French open and rightfully skips Dutch and Macau open.

“Nadicha hero va than nadipengala”

19. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    First round loss, really heart breaking to see so much potential in such a long bad phase.

20. Baddie lover

He can make a career by giving inspirational quotes. Be our guru Srikanth. Here's Thursday motivation for all of you.