My Astrox 99 lcw 4u arrives tomorrow

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Hc0797, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

Guys my new racquet is set to arrive tomorrow, let me know if I should do some comparisons etc..I’ve a normal ax99 I’d bought at launch and 3u+4u zf2s .. it’s gonna come strung at 24lbs with aerosonic

2. Ayush Shah

Ayush Shah Regular Member

Great! A review/comparison of 4u ax99 and zf2 4u is much needed.Thanks.Hope u have a great time with your new racket.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

3. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

Sure bud

4. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

As for the difference between normal AX99 and zf2 I’d say zf2 feels solid with a smaller frame and there’s a punch to every shot you hit correctly...and ax99 feels like a more flexible racquet heavier in the head but very powerful and the feel is softer due to the all namd frame. Flat drives and smashes are great but overhead clears could prove a little more effort seeking than the zf2..I personally used to smash better with my zf2 but after restringing my AX99 with aerosonic I think I can smash equally or better with the ax99...and the 3u zf2 is not at all my thing..feels heavy and I don’t think I need something that heavy because I can generate enough power with 4u, that was just me experimenting 3u head heavy in buying it although I would still love to get used to it for I haven’t even used it for 4 hours yet. My 3u zf2 is an ld white colour exclusive.

alexnd2008 likes this.
  5. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

My ax 99 lcw 4ug4 has arrived!!

Ayush Shah, tej_pnb and YoonSoAh like this.
  6. tej_pnb

tej_pnb New Member

Awesom! Hope you are enjoying it. Can you please provide a comparison between new Astrox 99 lcw and Astrox 88D. Thanks!

Ayush Shah likes this.
  7. Hc0797

Hc0797 Regular Member

I’ve used both the original ax99 and lcw variants . The first batch of ax99s have this really head heavy feel due to their high balance point, it’s pretty challenging to use sometimes, especially when you’re tired. The lcw version is much forgiving and the balance seems better, but so is the ax99 now. They’ve fixed the balance point for all ax99s..so ideally no difference there. But the ax88D is a completely different feel, it isn’t as powerful but feels less flexible than 99 because of no namd in frame. I’d say the maneuverability of ax88 D is slightly better offering better swing speed and some might smash better with this than ax99. But I would totally recommend you go with 4u be it ax 88 or 99. I’ve two 3u racquets zf2 and z speed and they’re just unusable..they’re like too head heavy and feel like hammers. 4u is the best option for most people, now I know why they don’t sell 3u in India

tej_pnb likes this.
  8. tej_pnb

tej_pnb New Member

Thanks for the review!

9. vbking

vbking Regular Member

Any update after having used the racquet for a while ?