Professional players and their racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Josh, Oct 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Maybe if there was a 3U, then we might have seen such in the JP version of the racquet.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    All my years of badminton I've never seen a JP code go heavier. Only lighter. Most recent example was the ZFII LCW 5 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

3. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    No what I meant to say is we would have seen something like a 2U DZS, 2U AS11, 2U AS10, 2UD10 present in JP codes

4. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I guess we'll never know there's a 3u nanoflare unless they announce it

5. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Atleast that is what I got by seeing the catalogue at e78

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Unfortunately that's completely disputed by all the online Japanese stores lol. Just glancing at shuttle-house alone and I'm finding most of those rackets with 2U JP code available.

P.S. Checking the JP website atm. DZS and DUO10 are listed with 2U on spec sheet. Which means that logically there's no way the ARC11 and 10 weren't available in 2U for their domestic market.

offbad likes this.
  7. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I know for sure the z slash was available in 2u to the public. And I'm 99% sure about the arc10 as well.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Ch1k0 likes this.
  8. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    That is what I am telling that if pros were using a 3U NF700 then, for most of the part there would be a 3U JP coded available for the consumer as well.

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You're getting it wrong. All the rackets you have listed have been available at some point or are available in 2U as normal global codes. It is simply a question of WHAT your country imports. Never ever rely on JP code to be an indicator of what pros have or not. If you've been in the sport and watched it long enough you would know that every manufacturer gives custom rackets to their pros. It may not be each and every single one but easily a good number would have it.

Think about it. Already as a normal consumer there is disappointment and dissatisfaction with the 4U/5U restriction of the NF700. Now put it in the hands of a professional to test. Wouldn't they complain too? And being sponsored they would easily have a say in what they will or will not use because it simply does the company no favours if they forced their own sponsored player to use something that they are negative about. Brings about no results and screws sales for them because fans may end up not seeing them on TV courts and won't buy what they're using.

10. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

Or on the other hand, what makes you think that they are using a customised 2U/3U version of the NF700? They may be using a 5U. We always assume that the professionals will always go for the extreme specs. However, rackets are really a personal preference.

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Simple logic. If majority of your skilled recreational player base already needs it in 3U to maximise the potential of that racket spec, what makes you think a professional wouldn't require any less?

They have greater strength, and greater technique and accuracy. Add in the ridiculous tensions that men play with now, they'll be running through 20-30 4U/5U rackets a month in heavy training. I had a friend who met Vladimir Ivanov practicing several years back when he was in Indonesia for the Djarum Superliga. Out of curiosity he asked Ivanov how many racket he ran through a month in competition and training combined. The guy was destroying 10 3U Voltric 80s a month. That's a seriously beefy racket, so with that in mind what makes you think the NF700 is any more durable?

It's not economical or sustainable for a player to run through even more than that amount even if its free. Imagine having to play a match not knowing when you're gonna have a racquet head implode on you.

It'sMeMeMe, Lemollin, visor and 3 others like this.
  12. magicaluni123

magicaluni123 Regular Member

massive facts

13. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

Anyone has seen a player custom racket before with differing specs (besides cone code difference)?

#6553 LiteBulb, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I actually have. Just happened to be at the victor distributor when the Koreans were here for the Singapore open. This is like 5 years or do ago when the JS10 was new and only came in 4U/5U. Was just looking for jerseys on clearance and just took a peek at the stringers section to see what he was working on. Lo and behold it was Shin Baek Cheol's JS10 KRP. The stringer let me fiddle with it and check it out. It was a 3UG5. You could tell the sheer difference in weight and solidity compared to the 4U just by holding it.

It's a well known secret that all manufacturers do customs really. They may not be like custom tailor made for each player but they definitely produce a whole slew of non commercial spec rackets just for their pros to use.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  15. magicaluni123

Stuff like this is why there's no point in knowing pro player racquet's other than just to know. Overall, the racquet really don't matter

16. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

Which baffles me then. Why dont they push out such specs to the general?

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I wouldn't really agree there. The whole point of knowing what they use is basically for sales. Some like me simply want to know for academic interest or curiosity. Sure it might be a custom but in general the trend of these custom rackets is either being heavier overall or more solid, but the general characteristic performance still remains the same. It's just the man/woman behind the racket that makes the insane difference.

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Frankly most of us couldn't use it properly. I've owned and tried the Malaysian player JS10 before. That **** is harder to use than a SW35.

19. magicaluni123

Side tracking but does anyone actually know where you can get G6 grips for Yonex racquets?

20. llrr

llrr Regular Member

JP code