Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Kevin is the one which keep this pair going all the way. If you pair Kevin with more younger players, they will do even better. Kevin cant question if Marcus make mistakes because of age difference. I often see Kevin show frustrations at the background whenever gideon makes mistakes . And also, this pair has to be broken after Olympics . If Marcus wants to continue for another 4 years, then ok. But still at that time his body wont cooperate. Because their style of play is fast and furious and attack. They cant continue with the age not behind Marcus. Whereas ashan and Hendra's game is excellently based on flat game.

wade, ma.ria, yuquall and 1 other person like this.
  2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I can understand your logic.

But WD is weak because overall there is no challengers to the top so its not fun to watch. My logic is i find MD is exciting because the top 20 fight against one another much more competitively than XD or WD. so its not just from Minions pov.

3. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

Agree with the part that this koreans pair is underrated. I don't follow them before so I don't know how they performed (their consistency) in other tournaments. But looking at how they played at WC this year, I'm quite shocked to know that they're in outside top 20. Imo, they have the skills to be at least in top 15.

4. tepokbulu

tepokbulu Regular Member

korean pair is overrated
    apart from delaying serve, what is interesting from this pair?
    marvin just won 2ss back to back
    breaking them is stupid
    breaking them when their achievement is like srikanth's today

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I have seen them played in AO. Not that outstanding among the others though they have this persistency similar to the JPN pairs but not as consistent.

Their performance in WC exceeded their normal performances in other previous tournaments in my opinion.

Could be the standard of their seniors were a bit too high. I was there too when Ko/Shin beat all seed pairs to win the title.

ma.ria likes this.
  6. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Some people actually think fajar/rian have better mentality than minions in majors just because they got bronze medal in WC :rolleyes:

If fajar/rian really that strong mentally in major event maybe they should have won that asian games gold last year, they were leading 17-13 in the third game for god sake. and they probably shouldn't choke against the malaysian pair chia/soh at the all england sf earlier this year :rolleyes:

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Wasn't she the one who blamed Kevin for his errors and defended Marcus for being the weak link? Lol. Maybe Roses are blue, violets are red to her.

There are blue roses though.. dunno about red violets.

8. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

I like that he/she use #fact at the end there :D:D:D

9. minions

minions Regular Member

Honestly, I am a bit disappointed at the usage of tag. I don't care if someone give very different opinion compare to the general opinion. But, to claim the statement and opinion as a fact is a big no-no. That's not how you make the fact.

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

That is crazy.. Just because of FajarRian got bronze.

11. Thunder Hand

Yes she is :D

I know right. well minions aren't lucky enough to play 2 european pairs in the first 2 round then a chinese taipei pair in the QF like ahsan/hendra. sometimes luck just not on your side :)

Yoji likes this.
  12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Who jump higher, Marcus or Sonoda?

rhoder likes this.
  13. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Many pairs have at least one good tournament once in a while, Kim/Anders won China Super 1000 last year, Chia/Soh went to AE final earlier this year, Lee/Wang won 3 titles out of 5 finals this year (albeit a lower tier tourneys)..

Everyone think they will be the next big thing and will challenge the more established pairs. It didn't quite happen so far, even an old pair like Hendra/Ahsan managed to climb the ladder into WR no 2.

Just because Seo/Choi went to QF this WC doesn't mean they deserve to be in top 15 or are underrated. They are so many good pairs, but the top dogs are still the same old guys.

Their time will come after Olympics I guess, but not now.

ma.ria and ebcd like this.
  14. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

Sonoda, I guess.
    But his smash isn't that dangerous lately, either too flat or not from the good angle

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Minions will have dreamt of that kind of draw..

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I have been trying to watch videos and somehow maybe it's Sonoda awkward movement, Marcus seems to have a higher jump or at least he used to from a static position.
    Both are about the same age, but Sonoda seems to have unlimited stamina source lol while Marcus has lesser now.

17. minions

minions Regular Member

Come to think of it, some time before minions won AG gold medal, the INA President entrusted them for winning that gold medal. Maybe, minions should seek the president, Mr. Jokowi, for the blessing when OG is near. :D

18. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

this is what steen and gill discused while Alfian/Ardianto played in SF, and i agree with him (and you)..

PBSI should broke this pair after OG, whatever the outcome. Marcus will be 30 in 2021 and he can't hard hitting forever. (even now it isnt that hard either), unless he can change his playing style like Ahsan.

Pairing him with Alfian or younger player would be interesting..

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Have Kevin ever played with Fajar anywhere before? In Team BAC?

20. Thunder Hand

Congrats ahsan/hendra for the title, but I find it funny how people can't stop mentioning minions name even though they already lost in the second round. the media, the fans on social media...seems like they can't stop talking about them. should just be happy for ahsan/hendra.