TOTAL BWF World Championships 2019 : SEMIFINAL & FINAL (24-25 August)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Many of you are saying that Sindhu won against TTY with pure determination.
    I actually think Sindhu won because her skills and fitness have improved.

I saw her in 2016 Olympics, I saw her in 2018 WT finals and I saw her here in 2019 WC.

If I compare with the 2016 Sindhu Olympics, she hardly smiled. Sindhu was hyper-focused right from the start . TTY was nervous and surprised at how much Sindhu has raised her game.

Here in 2019 WC Sindhu was smiling the whole match against TTY. She was too relaxed in the first game. By the 2nd game she realized that it will not be as easy as she thought, but once she started focusing more, she started winning more of the points. TTY looked more determined than Sindhu. And to TTY's credit, she said she gave her best after the match and that she will have to raise her game.

In fact, Sindhu looked way more focused in 2018 WT Finals than here.

TTY was pretty much the only person in the whole tournament who challenged her somewhat. Nozomi, CYF, BWZ are all classy players but couldn't do much.

-----------------------------------

PoLLuX, stanleyfm, fnd80 and 4 others like this.
  2. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Well talkin about my fav PVS then yes She fought hard and DEFEATED tai jst like she did at WTF clinching the titte and Just like she did in OLYMPICS.. CRUSHING tai's dream to get an OG and Yess..The WORLD CHAMPION did it again DENYING Tai's Dream to win a Major Bronze at the World Championships.

So...Ooops the Champ did it Again !

3. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Also, I have never understood the belittling of LCW or TTY by some fans here purely based on the fact that they don't have an Olympic gold or a WC gold.
    To say other tournaments don't matter, or that rank#1 doesn't matter, or that a silver medal/ bronze medal is a petty achievement is just immature fanboyism.

It's true that OG games give you the most national glory, followed by WC. BWF also gives the highest ranking points for these tournaments.

But to say other tournaments don't matter is ridiculous. Most of WT1000 tournaments are older than WC and have a rich history. WT1000 All England is the oldest of them all. In terms of prize money nothing beats WT Finals .

Also, in terms of playing field, the WT Finals - WT 1000 events are stronger because of no national quota restrictions. Only the highest ranked players qualify.

Even if TTY never wins an Olympic gold and WC gold she will go down in history as one of the most outstanding WS players. Just like LCW will for MS. Both TTY and LCW have been ranked #1, have won WT Finals and many WT1000 events including AE.

Surely one tournament per year can't be good enough proof of consistency.

If I compare with Tennis. Neither Federer, nor Djokovic has olympic gold in MS. Andy Murray has 2.
    Yet nobody claims Murray is better than the other 2 because he has only 3 grand slams.

I hope they raise the prized money in badminton.

#1143 Airos, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    PoLLuX, stanleyfm, fnd80 and 2 others like this.
  4. Anks

Anks Regular Member

In Tennis tittles are everything But In Badminton The OG is biggest...pretty much like cricket that it has its own wierd ways but cricket is not played by many around world only few countries...so the tournament which gives highest point and Prize money is the biggest tittle in Badminton Except OG and WC where no prize money is involved but highest point and the tittle of being WORLD CHAMPION.

So this is why the game where they play ball with racket is different than Badminton

5. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Good to give support to players who lost in SF/Finals. But it's nothing wrong in giving same support to players who lost in R32/R16/QF.

Btw, I guess I have seen the Twitter poster somewhere but couldn't remember.[​IMG]

Play hard. Train harder.

Anks and yuquall like this.
  6. Airos

Airos Regular Member

I am sure even Tennis players want to bring Olympic gold for their country.

What I am saying is that to judge a player based on a single event per year is just wrong.

It'sMeMeMe, Hassefar60 and Cheung like this.
  7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Exactly. No one knows how hard it is to win 1 medal alone except those who have ever experienced it their own.
    To belittle one's effort and hard work just because they didn't get the best reward offered is just preposterous and sickening act. Everyone was giving their all at the time, and unfortunate there can only be one winner.

Biglever and LenaicM like this.
  8. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Thats me...You see this..She responded back to me..Because I RESPECT PLAYERS for their achievement and Congratulate thm especially MAJOR ACHIEVERS who fly their flag high...How many lucky fans have ever had a Great Classic Three times WC Bronze Medalist Player like Great Miss polii even respond back..Not many..But IM THE LUCKY ONE.

I even have pics with Fajar,Lu Guangzhou,Han Yue as well !:D

3 Times WC Bronze Medalist Polii is always nice to interact with because she speaks amd writes very good english...but all of them are great.Its not like I dont support the others who lose in first second round or QF I have respect for all players honestly..but because Winning a WC Medal is such a huge achievement itself and Because i like their on court determination and overall spirit and follow them..Im bound to Shower them Especially when they are as huge As The INA WD pair

You can also see me in many Indian Opens and one Canada Tournament but it will be hard to spot me I usually wear a cap and only visit on finals day.

#1148 Anks, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  9. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

u know what i was saying. Mo and zheng huang are huge fave to win gold in 2020. They won easily all matchs this wc. Pv was not that dominate
    no one argue on that. Olympic and wc mention when they talk abt GOAT. That what lcw always want. Tai seem not really care (at least that what she show).

and compare to lcw, it need both tai and pv before wc2019 combine. That pv come second in major like lcw but havent won so many other tourneys like him. Tai won and won but in major she didnt even 1 point away from any medals. While lcw had 2 chances to get gold in 2011.

glad that pv finally got it. Pity for lcw but not really for tai, and for marcus kevin. They havent come that close

10. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Im sorry what ? If 21-7,21-7 is not Dominant then You my friend either need some mental help or need to go play with Ping pong.

PVS DESTROYED the former World Champion in what is the World's Most One sided WC WS Final EVER...The only hurdle was TTY which was a litle hard but rest the World Champion Destroyed all that came her way.

Please dont embaress yourself like this my friend !

Oh Wait May be your some salty fan trying to console your burning soul that why the world champion always defeated your fav at OG,WTF and now Hatrick..At WC...But I think you should be honoured that she got the exit by the World Champion..or it would hve been more embarassing for you.

#1150 Anks, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Airos likes this.
  11. vozer here

Lol. Long post after long post. U better take time to read. All matchs doesnt mean just final

And who fan who is not and should not the point to talk when we discussion abt the fact

12. Anks

Anks Regular Member

The Fact is You are Clueless.

13. vozer here

So do it. Give me the clue that deny "pv didnt win all matchs easily like mo, zheng huang

14. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

Hahaha I got to give it you Anks. You are really going all in on this. You are either the biggest fanboy in the world or the biggest troll.

I am with Joe Biden on this one: "We choose truth over facts!"

Biglever likes this.
  15. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

Very much indeed. But that does not rule out that it can have an effect. The goal of the athlete, however, should be to overcome it. But that is not guaranteed, even for a true champion. Federer improved on clay, so he overcame it? But he never caught up to Nadal, so he didn't overcome it?

Everything is a factor. Even the rules are a factor. To attribute a win to one factor is foolish. To dismiss its effect on the game is equally foolish.

#1155 Hassefar60, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  16. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Be careful not becoming one of those bullies of yours... ;)

Anks, arjevo, Cheung and 1 other person like this.
  17. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Never denied that her skills and fitness have improved. It's not just one specific factor which wins a player a specific match. If you look at sindhu's match against tai, I have watched it like 5/6 times already and will watch it again lol, but Sindhu had that self assurance throughout the match, never looked perturbed to me. No wonder her shot quality was spectacular but even when she was down a few points she wasn't unsettled. Sometimes it takes more than skills to make it through. Self belief is very important.

Anks and Airos like this.
  18. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Im sorry..I apologize if my post seemed really offensive to many of my friends here...But Those who know me well they know how serious I take my Favs.

A few days ago same was done about Li and I defended him like Im doing for PVS..like here people just need an excuse to try to self console their own hidden agony by creating faults in Winners just because their own favs couldnt get nothing.

Im really really sorry if I appeared a little harsh and rude.

arjevo and Airos like this.
  19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Create faults in winners....you mean like when you said Antonsen's SF victory was just lucky...? :D

20. Anks

Anks Regular Member

To everyone here..Just wanna clarify that I aint here to bully anyone cause I know its not the right thing to do and If inadvertently I somehow might have hurt any of your sentiments then I profoundly apologize for the same.

I dont intend to belittle any of your favs and I respect all players but just a lill more love and respect for my favs and Major Medalists (WC,OG) though..But that doesnt mean I dont know how hard the competition is and how hard it is on an athelete to go through what they do for their countries.

Peace and love to all

Loh, LenaicM and Cheung like this.