A tidbit on hybrid stringing...

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Charlie-SWUK, Oct 26, 2017.

1. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

That's why there are people thinking you were stringing in Basel. Were you? What's your idea behind this?
    You tie off the mains for a one-piece-pattern? ;) I take it you do either the same or one-piece? So.... same question to you.

kakinami likes this.
  2. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

My idea on to tie off on 9 is just less string on the outside off the frame and less slack string before the knot. And of course no knot on the other main-side because of one-pice...goes directly to the crosses from 10 to 9.

KWSKJP and kakinami like this.
  3. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I do 2 piece. For me on my machine, I feel 2 shorter pieces stay tighter than 1 long piece, plus a more uniform string job, tension loss all around the racket (minimal tension loss I might say) instead of having 1 main and 1 cross tighter than the other side. I wish I was qualified to string at a tournament like that. I am a washed up has-been-wannabe =)
    Blacklisted, i am.....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Super85 likes this.
  4. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I do it to shorten up my tie off. So I cut the slack in half (about), instead of 8 main I tie on 9 main start cross on 8.

Super85 likes this.
  5. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

They are either using sets or don't care about string because they are not paying for it. They don't care.

6. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    You are still one of the great stringer out there.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

kakinami and speCulatius like this.
  7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

There is a stringer blacklist?! :eek:
    And what do you have to do to get on it? Do the mains side-to-side? Shove an awl into a shared grommet?:rolleyes:

Here's one of the pictures that triggered the suspicion of you being on a guerilla mission in this year's Yonex stringing team (Ratchanok Intanon during first game of the WC semi-final, click to enlarge):
    Unbenannt.JPG
    She won that first game with that racket, just for the record.

And if we look at the pattern of the racket that she lost the decider with, we can start a nice little conspiracy theory about which pattern is better.... :p
    Unbenannt 2.JPG

#247 s_mair, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    speCulatius and kakinami like this.
  8. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

WOW!!! I thought my pattern was not authorized by Yonex stringing! Thanks for the picture! Pretty happy people copy me =)

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

Nologicone, speCulatius and Super85 like this.
  9. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

:D Conclusive evidence. No doubt about it. Dozens, maybe hundreds, of stringers will be losing their minds, questioning their reason for being a stringer, the reason they get dressed in the morning, their very existence, because the truth is now out there. What has been seen cannot be unseen.

I am going to start tying off at 9 too. Although, I was taught by a UK Yonex stringer so our friendship is going to be a bit awkward now. I'm not sure how we will be able to reconcile out differences.

kakinami and s_mair like this.
  10. vkwok

vkwok Regular Member

Zymax 68TX/JNICE JS65 Carbon 27X29

This is my first attempt to mix my own hybrid, I usually play LN1 like the power and sound, I wasn’t familiar in 4 Knots as I usually do Haribito one piece for every rackets. I tried BGAB as well but it’s a bit soft for me. But after trying that hybrid the combination amaze me a lot :) 68TX was not my cup of tea on its own it’s dull and too stiff to me; JS65 is more like a stiffer ver of GT5 (as I believe they come from same manufacturer) not a big fan on its own. When it comes together I can feel it does generates repulsion and power on the same time.

Here is my fake BGABBT

[​IMG]

been reading the threads and will try GT5 / ZM62F and BG80/LN1

Just curious, anyone using HARIBITO two piece pattern here?

11. Nologicone

Nologicone New Member

Hi,

A learning stringer hoping to get some advice from more experienced stringers! My buddy and I recently got our hands on some Gosen Pro 66 (0.66mm) and G-Tone 5 (0.65mm). The idea was to string Pro 66 mains and GT5 crosses as Pro 66 definitely felt more textured and is advertised as the slightly so thicker string.

However, after measuring with a digital caliper, Pro 66 averaged 0.7 mm while GT5 average 0.72 mm off the packages.

Should we take our chances and string it as planned hoping GT5 will end up thinner than Pro 66 after tension? We would like to string Pro 66 at 25lb mains & GT5 at 27lb crosses.

Thanks a lot for the advise. Maybe we're just over thinking it I hope :D

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

First time that I'm reading anything about a 2-piece Haribito. Can you share more detailes or a pattern drawing?

#252 s_mair, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  13. vkwok

vkwok Regular Member

Instead of starting cross from bottom, Haribito 2pcs starts from the middle (like HARIBITO BASIC pattern). 2/3 going up and 1/3 going down, know what I mean?

This was told by the Japanese Haribito Master when I was in their class. He mainly talk about tennis first coz hybrid strings are a lot popular in tennis, and this theory goes to badminton as well

14. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    It is like 50/50 stringing pattern demo by kwun in one of his video.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

15. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hi and a late welcome.

IMO you should always pair something which offers advantage of both worlds. From my limited experience with GT5 it is a quite rough and hard feeling string. I would use both strings uniform, because I think that you the outcome of advantage to improve in any department is quite low. Normally you have 4 cases to justify a hybrid:

1. I like the repulsion of thinner strings, but want to increase durability ->Thicker string on the mains
    2. I like the repulson of this thin string, but it is to slippery on slices -> Thick and rougher string on the mains
    3. I like the durability of this string, but I want a bit more repulsion -> thinner string on the crosses
    4. I like the control of this string, but I want a bit more repulsion which offer slippery strings more -> thinner string on the cross

IMO the mains should always carry a thicker and rougher string, while the cross should carry a thinner and less texture string. With a .65 and .66 string hybrid you won't get an increased durability which is IMO the main reason to do hybrid, second to add a different texture for more control. So why not using this or that uniform? I just know the Pro70 which was quite rough IIRC. With the gauge you might have 2 repulsive strings with quite good control, so what you wanna increase on that hybrid? You also have best of all, exclude durability. I guess that both strings are too close each other, so a uniform job makes more sense. What most people ignore is the drop curve by doing hybrids. Some have a initial high drop, but slower down, while others continous drop over time.

I think if you start stringing, you should focuse first getting used to the process/routine, can tie good knots, learn how some strings perform and loose tension and how to adjust your clamps to each string to prevent slippage. This is very important if you wanna go hybrid. Knowing the strings and your clamps adjustment for them.

visor, thyrif, swsh and 1 other person like this.
  16. Nologicone

Nologicone New Member

Hi!

First of all, thank you so much for the reply. I appreciate your reminder of the 4 basic fundamentals for the reason to go hybrid and it doesn't make much sense in our situation (2 rough strings). You're correct that Gosen Pro series is rough, Pro66 is rougher than GT5 when sliding them between the fingers side by side off the packages. Maybe we can have either of these on mains while using BG66UM as cross if my friend willing to try.

Regarding the string tool, I'm using a Klippermate with flying Yonex clamps so I'm lucky in the sense that I do not have to worry about clamp adjustments. I do need to work on cutting down my 2.5hrs stringing time per racket, ha! I also have been taking notes on every rackets I have strung & constantly been asking the owners for feedback on how they feel. So far I'm lucky to have a handful of friends willing to take a risk with my work :)

Cheers!

kakinami and ucantseeme like this.
  17. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Anyone ever tried 66UM - Aerosonic combination?
    Does it feel soft?
    How is the durability?Which one usually died first?

18. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Ever thought before you ask, what the benefit should be compared to use each string alone?

19. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

From what i see all your answer on other thread looks like you are in a bad day bruh,cheer up and have a nice day :)
    Well what im thinking is Aerobite feels quite good for me, and so does ABBT, so i was thinking what about mixing aerosonic with other string especially BG66U which is my go to string for non hybrid, so before i pay for those string i want to do a bit of research by asking everyone here that already tried this combination :)
    Better to stay quiet than judging people here and there and spreading those arrogant-negative comment

#259 Coolkas, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    DKCPH2018 likes this.
  20. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Use 66UM directly. The difference won’t be noticeable.