SHB48EX, SHB55EX, SHB65EX

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Budi, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

So my old shoes starting to tearing apart, i guest its time to get some spare.

Considering my budget, im interest on SHB48EX or 55EX. Some old thread say 55EX is kinda low grounded & almost able to feel the ground, so considering my recent heel pain i guest it will out of my list but again its an old thread, maybe the new one have some redesign. So does anyone have try SHB48 or SHB55 to give some comment?

Then as im looking around im also found 65EX but at wide range of price.
    From 66USD to 140USD. Also there is many variant of 65 like 65ZM, 65XM, & 65EX yet their design is kinda different. Im not sure if 66USD 65EX is real or fake, or some seller just try to confuse the buyer mixing it with ZM & XM for bigger profit. If 66USD for 65EX is true, then it still catch my budget, so any comment on this 65EX?

Or maybe any other recomendation for those price range but have good cushioning considering my last heel pain problem.

Thanks

2. esppy

esppy Regular Member

If this was up to me, forget the 48/55.

If you want to know if the 65EX at 66 USD is the high end one (instead of the 65REX which is the lower end one), post a pic here or shoot a link. I'll tell you. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

You can also see my posts on the difference of 65XM vs 65ZM:
    https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...yonex-shb65x-and-shb65xm.174338/#post-2611974

Don't skimp on shoes. They're your only point of contact to the floor so no matter what racket you use, if the shoe sucks and you're not getting there or comfortable moving, you're never going to get that shuttle.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

i guest you are right. Not just for performance but also safety especially if we are no longer a teenager with high durability body & superior regenerative body.

Anyway, here is the picture.
    1st & 2nd picture 66USD
    3rd pic 135USD
    4th pic 105USD

Attached Files:

4. esppy

esppy Regular Member

I am not sure what you mean by 1st to 4th pic since they are grouped together so I cannot tell the order of the pictures.

But all I see are the first batch SHB65, EX in this case. All are high end all around shoes used by Gideon/ Viktor Axelsen etc.
    I can only tell you they are the same shoe in 2 different colors, not even 4 pics needed.
    Why the same model goes at 66/135/105USD, I don't know. Just get the cheapest that has your size.

Btw you're in Indo, so why USD for the shoes? Massively overpriced in a SP region.... 66USD is already pushing it for a old 2016 model, much less 105 or 135...

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...nex-new-shoes-shb-65-shb-65w-shb-cfwm.161086/

2016 - these colors
    2017 - white stay, purple changes to silver/vermillion
    2018 - SHB65Z with power cushion + takes over

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

i guest its kinda my habbit to use USD for currency standard when looking for an item online.

So it just an old model, possibly the real one & not a fake. For the overprice maybe its right at my tought, which is to trick buyer who didnt realize this & get it for high price.

So, how about its cushioning? Kinda concern as i got heel pain recently, tho i already feel better by adding a insole gel on my old shoe. Read somewhere that high end model tend to be low grounded.

And as its an old stock, should i be worry about rubber aging? The outsole turn dead & less grippy?

6. llrr

llrr Regular Member

The rubber will be fine even for old models, but you should consider a high end shoe like 65ZM plus a different insole. It will last you a long time and a better insole is important for your joints if you have pain.