Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

starting at 14-all game1
    but with the best quality I could find

yuquall likes this.
  2. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

Thanks!!

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Can they win against GohTan? Feels like Kevin not playing well these 2 days.

If Goh can cut down on service errors, they are still dangerous pair. Imo, they are still the best in Malaysia despite how easy they lose concentrations.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Anyone has any idea what the Chinese crowds calling minions? "Mi-ni-guai"?

5. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

Yeah, those typical service errors from Goh :confused:

But tomorrow will be interesting, especially since Goh/Tan are on their peak lately. Their last meeting, in Malaysia master this year (?), was also quite intense. But I expect tomorrow will be better..

Hoping that Kevin already has enough warm up from the last 2 matches & Goh won't do service errors more than necessary

6. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

So minions also have fans in china? I thought it's just ginting & the daddies from INA players they'll cheer on :D

7. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

I think they're thinking too much about this choi's serve, especially kevin. i think one of the reason why he's playing better at the wc is because he didn't think too much about this that time, just focused on his own game...yesterday it got to him, it's like he's playing with anger esp in the third game :confused:

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well, isnt that typical Kevin. Yeah, he didnt like it but rather than keeping it in the hearts, he show it all out , an extrovert character At least we know that is him.

Rather than people who are gentle, you wont know what is inside their hearts.

,, people who is already masterminding what they want to do before the match in cunning way. thats the one that have ugly hearts. but its fine, they won no title anyway.

#4728 Yoji, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Haha yeah everyone who's able to plan more than 5 seconds in advance has 'an ugly heart' :D so in your own words, (almost) every pro does. Only difference is for some, the plan goes out the window once they have to think and play at the same time, and some aren't able to adapt if plan A doesn't work. But don't fool yourself into thinking the minions don't strategize in advance just because Kevin has the behavioral self-control of a toddler.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Apparently. But they only started cheering for minions in G3 around 19-19, louder and louder after Korean got their first match point. :D

11. sunburner

sunburner New Member

I think I overheard them shouting '印尼队 加油 (yinni dui jiayou; Indonesian Team come on)'

Minions in Chinese is known as '小黄人 (xiao huang ren; small yellow person -- which is the actual translation of the 'real' minions)'

ebcd and yuquall like this.
  12. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Small yellow person?. lol

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Another China Open SF for minions yay. At least they defended their points here.
    Hope they can go one better this year.

Found this photo. I wonder when was this picture taken? Marcus head has blackened, so it should be quite recent. Before CO because coach Herry isn't in China Open, or is he?
    [​IMG]

14. wade

wade Regular Member

Minions vs fajar/rian tomorrow, hope to see another epic battle.

BTW did anyone notice that kevin somehow becoming "lazy" again from the backcourt ? just dropshot and dropshot, sometimes half smash, rarely he goes for full power smash.

15. minions

minions Regular Member

Ah, such a nice picture. I am very happy that 3 INA MDs are into SF. The coach Herry IP must be so proud of himself. I think it's coach Aryono that accompanies the players. Usually, coach Herry IP accompanies the players in the first half of the year and the coach Aryono in later half of the year.

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Conserving energy for tomorrow? He will need a lot of it.
    I hope it's just him being lazy not any injury.

17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

so why dont you support minions rather than criticizing him in his board. thats a bit low key isnt it.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Solid if not unspectacular performance against GohTan.

If Rian can serve properly , then they stand a chance. Fast arena in Changzhou. Hard to say who will win.

19. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Still not satisfied with kevin's performance in this china open. he's not as deadly as usual at the front court, still making a lot of mistakes, and I agree he somewhat becoming lazy again from the backcourt, he's not helping gideon enough imo. surely kevin gotta play better if they want to win against fajar/rian tomorrow.

20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Top work ethics from Gideon but Rian smash is something could be hard to deal with. His smashes against KamuraSonoda is quite boom. He compensates many errors with booming smash. So yeah Kevin needs t o be more serious in his play. A few of funny shots that he make today.