Yonex Nanoflare 800 (End Aug 2019 release)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by esppy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

Considering. Price pls?

2. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    Your review is valid bro.
    Usually 4U should be head heavier than 3U.

3. Tonyjaii

Tonyjaii New Member

i tried my nf800 3u last night, after 3-4 games my arm is tired and cant get the sweet spot for power. must be user error will keep trying

4. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

head too small for my taste....3U a tad too heavy for my liking....both 3U n 4U falls into slightly head-heavy category for me...

a direct, straightforward racket... proper stiff shaft..power transfer very good...very solid feel overall though there is still the ever-present rubbery feel...oh well maybe that's just me....

the 3U already gone to the highest bidder bomber player who commented it feels like a less head heavy zf2 but less user friendly at the same time (no idea whatever that means lol)

oh well i'll keep the 4U for the moment n experiment.more with it...

5. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

Can someone compare this to the Nanospeed 9900? Stiffness side by side? Head heaviness?

6. Mete Ozcorekci

Mete Ozcorekci Regular Member

Hey guys, I did play yesterday with 4u version of the racket strung at 27lbs with ashaway zymax 62 fire. That orange strings looked pretty nice. Anyway let me share my thoughts. This thread helped me to make a decision to buy this racket, so I logged in after many years to write this :D

FYI, I have lots of experiences with different rackets. I like to try new rackets all the time. I generally like to play with head heavy, quick rackets with no emphasis on control. I played couple years semi-pro level back in time, but now I see myself as advanced amateur.

As a start, this racket is pretty stiff. Given that jetspeed 10 is the stiffest racket, bravesword 11 and thruster bxr is little less; this racket is little less stiff but still feels pretty stiff. For me, it is stiffer than 88d or victor auraspeed 90k. So, stiffness is in between those rackets. I didnt feel like there is head heaviness or lightness in the racket. Maybe very little head heavy, but I might have felt like that because of stiffness. Racket is very quick and responsive. I will need couple more days to adjust myself for its stiffness. My main problem was flat shots bec of stiffness but I believe it will not be a problem after I get used to it. Power wise I will always prefer my thruster k 9900 and auraspeed 90k is kinda better but for a speed racket I dont feel bad about my smashes; it needs some effort tho (my smashes are pretty good for my level of play). So, in the end racket is quick, not lacking power (for a racket that have this specs - dont expect full potential smashes but very close to it), and I love compact head in general so no problem with that as well. It was joyful experience to play with and feel like I will play more with this racket. My only caution for you people is stiffness of the racket. If you are not enjoying little extra stiff rackets, just be careful. Otherwise, give it a try.

insanity and Pre-emptive like this.
  7. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Have a look at this. Almost the same colors [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

8. solid77

solid77 New Member

picked up the 3u nf800. My go to racket is the 4u ax88 for doubles . I also own a 4u 88d. i didn't get much playtime with the nf800 yet, my initial thoughts:
    • head heaviness: nf800 is slightly less head heavy than 88s. even for 3u vs 4u, the head feels easy to maneuver even when overall the racket is heavier than my 88s 4u. i wouldn't consider it a head light racket, despite the advertising. it's probably closer to even balance at best (using original grip, no over grip).
    • defense: 88s is slightly better, nf800 is better than 88d
    • smashes: nf800 is better than 88s, almost as strong as 88d. This also could be my experience with stiff rackets, maybe i can get more power after i get use to it.
    • drives: 88s is slightly better, nf800 is actually better than i thought it would be.
    • stiffness: stiffer than both 88s and 88d. this will take some getting use to. i prefer the wippyness of the 88s, and it's easy go generate power with a very compact swing.

imo nf800 is an in-between racket of 88s and 88d as far as capability. my hunch is that i probably won't keep the racket and just stick with the 88s. for me the 88s excels is every area accept smash power.

Update: i tried some more smashes with it, it seems like i can hit slightly harder with nf800 than the 88d if i try a longer swing. i still think defense is better with 88s. drives and smash defense (lifts) with 88s are top notch imo. net play with the nf800 is easier than 88s.

#288 solid77, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  9. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Sorry I just need to confirm:
    NF800 is less head heavy than AX88S but better in smash and not as good in defense?

10. solid77

solid77 New Member

yea, but this is 4u 88s vs 3u nf800. not sure how 4u vs 4u compares. 3u nf800 is fast enough for doubles imo

11. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Already did before. Nf800 is head heavier and the stiffness feels similar.

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Maybe it was the excellent 4 hour session today but I love this racket!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Lemollin, esppy and Dhandapani like this.
  13. Dhandapani

Dhandapani Regular Member

How is smashing power and clear??

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Perfectly acceptable. The smash is there of you can find it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Dhandapani likes this.
  15. weifoong

weifoong Regular Member

I've tried 3U with 29lbs Nanogy 98. If you like ZF2, you'll love the stiffness and should have no issue of the smaller racquet head. This is not a light headed racquet. To generate power without sacrificing swing speed, there's a little heaviness on the racquet head, ultra slim shaft (like ZF2) and also sonic flare system for repulsion.
    My 2 cents: This racquet combine the super fast swing speed of JS10 and the raw power of VF2. Enjoy!

Dhandapani likes this.
  16. Dhandapani

Dhandapani Regular Member

Thanks bro

17. Michaelgtj

Michaelgtj Regular Member

Just sharing
    If you like small handle grip than standart.. Nf800 3U feel so hard, solid, heavy and stiff..with aerobite digital 27lbs My friend shoulder get pain when use this more than 5 times.NOw i think for double player 4U is more than enough, but for attacking player who need more power, you can consider for nf800 3U.

18. Xiera

Xiera New Member

I've use Z force II 3u and 4u for 3 years.
    Bought nanoflare 800 4u in the first hand and it feels lighter than zforceii 4u. So I bought 3u version too and the weight was between zforceii 3u and 4u.
    I love 3u nanoflare 800 and it was certainly a keeper for me.

#298 Xiera, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  19. Michaelgtj

Michaelgtj Regular Member

I already exchange my 3U nf800 with 4UG5 and the 4UG5 weight is 92 gram with original grip(without plastic) + thin ac102ex, Balance point 293mm
    Compare to My 88D 4UG5 weight is also 92 gram same with original grip(without plastic) + thin ac102ex, Balance point 297mm
    Same condition different balance point, so ax88D more head heavy but nf800 more stiffer compare to 88D.

And now 2 of this is my favorit yonex racket.

20. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

Is 3u nf800 tiring like zsp/zstrike? Did you get better smash with nf800 4u compared to 88D 4u?