KOREA Open 2019 : Qualifying Round-FINAL (24-29 September)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

No CHN on Court 1 tomorrow?

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Say, if Astrup/Rasmussen is #9 and Boe/Conrad is #10, can Denmark pick any one of the two?

3. Morten Frost Hansen

Morten Frost Hansen Regular Member

4. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Thanks A Lot Mr.Frost for taking out your precious time and explaining all the important insights of the game and also talking to AY for the details of her injury type as there were no coherent explanation pretaining that untill now.

Take Care

5. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

In doubles will they use notational points if partner injured at the last moment.so that he can pair with another

Anks likes this.
  6. Morten Frost Hansen

Good question. I do not know. My experience is telling me, when the draw is done, thats it....

Anks likes this.
  7. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

how about inviting Gillian to this forum, or you pose this question to her when commentating together :p ?

Anks likes this.
  8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Cant wait for Minions vs LiLiu

9. Morten Frost Hansen

I will pose the question to Gill at the best possible opportunity during the Korea Open. We however need a situation where we have got time on our hands, as I think its utmost important to respect the players on court and not start talking something totally irrelevant to the match we are watching

PoLLuX, nilesh123, kwun and 8 others like this.
  10. skhai91

skhai91 Regular Member

Engineer
    As much as I support the twin towers, unfortunately in their current form, I doubt they can beat minions.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

11. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I hope Momota retired, Momota played too many matches and this is just tour 500. There is no need to win this tournament.

Gacon1234star likes this.
  12. minions

minions Regular Member

Just read the BWF's articles. Can't believe that they have wrong info about MD's defending champion. This is what I quote from the article.

Also exiting the tournament were men’s doubles defending champions and eighth seeds Kim Astrup/Anders Skaarup Rasmussen, who were sent packing by local pair Choi Solgyu/Seo Seung Jae 21-17 21-13.

Fifth seeds Hiroyuki Endo/Yuta Watanabe also bade an early goodbye, as they were bested 21-13 21-19 by Huang Kai Xiang/Liu Cheng.

The true defending champion is Endo/Watanabe. Does BWF mistaken this tournament for China Open?

PoLLuX, kurako and trizzforce like this.
  13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

QUARTERFINAL (01.00pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...1F80C2-7502-40D7-BC26-C736DF2759B2&d=20190927

*MATCH HIGHLIGHT*
    - Kento Momota (JPN) v Lee Zii Jia (MAS)
    - Wang Tzu Wei (TPE) v Jonatan Christie (INA)
    - Sayaka Takahashi (JPN) v Ratchanok Intanon (THA)
    - Michelle Li (CAN) v Nozomi Okuhara (JPN)
    - Boe/Conrad (DEN) v Kamura/Sonoda (JPN)
    - Chen QC/Jia YF (CHN) v Kim SY/Kong HY (KOR)
    - Lee SH/Shin SC (KOR) v Matsutomo/Takahashi (JPN)
    - Zheng SW/Huang YQ (CHN) v Jordan/Oktavianti (INA)
    - Watanabe/Higashino (JPN) v Seo SJ/Chae YJ (KOR)
    • Some of men's singles top guns suffer setback in Incheon, recent CHN Open runner-up Anthony Ginting couldn't pass Jan O Jorgensen, the Indonesia stated he has waist problem also foot as well that hampering his movement. Earlier on the day, former World Champion Viktor Axelsen still find difficulty to getting back his best, displaying slow anticipation and quite passive form, lack of accuracy against the rapid-improved Lee Zii Jia who's so fast and sharp to outmaneuver his famous rival. Lee will take on big task tomorrow, two-time World Champion Kento Momota. World Championships silver medalist Anders Antonsen succumbs to Wang Tzu Wei, being error-proned in second game with stunning scoreline, 6-21.
    • It's INA-TPE affairs in lower-half division, defending champion Chou Tien Chen who downs the persistent Kenta Nishimoto will oppose Shesar Hiren Rhustavito while Asian Games Champion Jonatan Christie facing Wang Tzu Wei for a place in final four.
    • One step closer to watch high quality clash between two high-profile players Ratchanok Intanon and Tai Tzu Ying. Intanon will meet complicated test the in-form Sayaka Takahashi who beat Thai ace last week in thrilling tie. The world number one Tai finds former WJC Gregoria Mariska, the young Indonesian hopeful edges out home upcoming prospect Kim Ga Eun in intriguing match, 22-20 / 15-21 / 22-20. A bad day for home WS as Sung Ji Hyun also lost to last year winner Nozomi Okuhara then Kim Hyo Min bowed out to Chen Yu Fei, China has assured one semifinal spot as Chen will take on teammate He Bing Jiao.
    • Interesting development to follow the seasoned campaigners Boe/Conrad who seem going on right track against established pairs, participating six tournaments prior to KOR Open, they had won two Super 100 in Calgary and Vladivostok. The Danish duo will meet Japan top ranked Kamura/Sonoda next. The other pair to be noticed Choi SG/Seo SJ who arise steadily since Basel world meet. INA and CHN will cross sword in semifinal, the Minions and Chinese twin towers Li JH/Liu YC are favoured to conquer fellow countrymen. A surprise coming from China relatively new combination Huang KX/Liu C who stun title holders Endo/Watanabe, 21-13 / 21-19.
    • Three nations sharing quarterfinal spot in women's doubles segment, mixed fortune for Japan that they losing leading pairs but the youngsters progress. Matsumoto/Nagahara still have not find the recipe yet how to beat Chang YN/Kim HR then world number two Fukishima/Hirota also score uninspiring result, defeated by Matsuyama/Shida. Two local best pairs will find formidable opponent tomorrow, Kim/Kong versus Chen/Jia while Lee/Shin will challenge the Olympic Champions Matsutomo/Takahashi.
    • Watanabe/Higashino have a repeat scenario to face Korean tricky pair, Seo SJ/Chae YJ who subdued the Japanese convincingly last week in Changzhou. Another interesting quarters line-up involving CHN-INA encounters, the unstoppable Zheng/Huang get Indonesian number one pair Jordan/Oktavianti who almost created huge upset in Birmingham last March. He JT/Du Y will be challenged by 2017 world junior champions Rivaldy/Mentari.
    LIVE TV COVERAGE
    upload_2019-9-26_19-14-34.png

#193 CLELY, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    PoLLuX, It'sMeMeMe, decrepit and 5 others like this.
  14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Anyway, if you are old player and still winning tournament within 1 year, that ok. If not, its telling u not to waste time and go back to enjoy your family life. Your kids need you. Family time is priceless.

Hmmm now i wonder about the affair thingy. Still alive and have the urge for younger women? ;)

15. minions

minions Regular Member

Country representatives in QF

9 - JPN
    8 - CHN
    7 - INA
    5 - KOR
    3 - TPE
    2 - THA, DEN, MAS
    1 - CAN, IND

Seeded players left in QF

MS - 3
    WS - 5
    MD - 4
    WD - 5
    XD - 4

16. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    -

#196 Sundis, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

He won Malaysia Open this year.

Are you talking about yourself?

Justin L likes this.
  18. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

19. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I said If hes winning, thats fine. ;)

Time is running out. Lol

20. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    I dont get this futile insinuation going on here for OLDER PLAYERS like c'mon guys they are just doing what they love and there ain nothin wrong with that...Just cause they ain winning no more doesnt mean they are just doing what you think you would do if you were their age.

I'm sorry for being blunt but sometimes people just reflect their own mentality and perspective through their thoughts and Opinions for others.

#OLDERplayers #ThinkPositive #QuitNaughtyThoughts #RespectOLDERPlayers

#200 Anks, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Justin L likes this.