Lining Turbocharging 50d

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by BalajiSethuraman, Sep 27, 2019.

1. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

A little description about my play style to judge me before judging the racket from your own perspective.. I am more like an opportunist in doubles play than to thrash the opponent by thunder smashes. I like to suddenly slow my swing speed for sudden drops, not always a player who lifts shuttle from net!! Which means when it comes to net play I try to get the points within the net play.. I always try to plan my point to get a proper supply for my partner or for me. That means if I am at backcourt I will try to place the drop perfectly to that the opponent tries to lift it to midcourt for me to smash or play a bad net play to give my partner chance to do the net kill.

I do smash with proper technique when I find a vacant area to get the quick point, I use stick smash when needed and if I have the time I will go for full smash. Does a lot of clears, flat drives and even flat drops too often..

Now coming to the rackets that I have been using. I generally use a head heavy racket. Coming from voltric family of rackets right from voltric 5 and 7. My first Li-Ning racket is Gforce 7000. Having admired the racket I bought turbocharging 08c. I just loved the racket for my use. I owned a n9ii as well after that but with n9ii I found that I need to have that extra time to smash and quick Defense was an issue, though the weight was not an issue (I am lean body structure person not a muscle man!!). I recently bought a turbocharging 50d (drive version). Which is mid flex and 83grams raw weight. With strings and grip I believe it would be close to 88grams.

After Stringing with Gosen G-Tone 5 @ 26lbs. Initial impressions on TC50d is that I found the racket be very light. Infact I was worried if it could smash!! But boy.. you swing and u seriously get a good smash. The net plays and drops are heaven, clears are effortless but sometimes if ur out of your footwork then u need that extra effort to do the clear.. I.e u did a drop and u go towards the net and all of a sudden the opponent pulls a beautiful 3nd line lift, during that time u might need some extra efforts for a clear..

Defense are effortless, u hit the sweet spot the shuttle flies to 2nd line without a fuss, drives are great, drops are super and precise, smashes are decent and with time great!! Backhand clears are good from midcourt. I was easily able to put the shuttle to 3rd line. Though I had to try back line to back line backhand clear, I assume it will be harder and u need more time to do that.. don’t expect it to be easy.. i was Infact able to do couple of backhand smash which I was not able to do in any of my previous rackets..

I have to string it with my go to string bg80power to see how devastating the smashes are.. this is the first time I tried gosen string upon my friend recommendation.

In all, I never get tiered of playing with this racket just that I feel too light but it delivers what it has to deliver. Amazing racket

All this is just my opinion. However pls do share your thoughts as well.

Feast for eyes now..

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 BalajiSethuraman, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Sumanth99 likes this.
  2. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    I thought you would have stopped playing for now. By the way great racquet. Where did you get it from? It is not in any online shops India for now

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

BalajiSethuraman likes this.
  3. BalajiSethuraman

Ha ha ha.. took a day gap and rest .. got the racket from my regular lining dealer.. btw its available in amazon and Flipkart also I did checked it before buying.. though the cost is high and the lower cost ones are very old stocks

4. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    For how much did you get it?

5. BalajiSethuraman

8k inr since it’s new stock and latest editions

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Spec wise also this seems like a really nice racket.

BalajiSethuraman likes this.
  7. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Bro, Aeronaut 9000 has arrived in India
    13.5k INR

8. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Awesome!! even price is decent.
    Link please.