Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

That's not the problem.
    Some have voiced out some dissatisfaction on the new WTF qualification rule last year. This WTF reward more on who plays in most world tour tournaments numbers regardless the level. Then claimed the "best" 8 players battle it out to be the "best" of the "best" while the actual top 8 players couldn't qualify and not participating. WR#1, #2 in race to Guangzhou Fuku/Hiro didn't even qualify last year.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I counted the number of tournaments played by each pair in top 10. The least number are minions and Li/Liu's, 9. Most is 18 and average is 12

Race to Guangzhou today :
    1. INA Mohammad AHSAN / Hendra SETIAWAN 83,920 TP (Tournaments played): 12

2. JPN Takeshi KAMURA / Keigo SONODA 75,150 TP: 12

3. TPE LEE Yang / WANG Chi-Lin 74,060 TP: 16

4. INA Marcus Fernaldi GIDEON / Kevin Sanjaya SUKAMULJO 73,910 TP: 9

5. INA Fajar ALFIAN / Muhammad Rian ARDIANTO 65,220 TP: 12

6. MAS GOH V Shem / TAN Wee Kiong 64,690 TP: 14

7. CHN LI Jun Hui / LIU Yu Chen 62,660 TP: 9

8. JPN Hiroyuki ENDO / Yuta WATANABE 61,430 TP: 12

9. MAS Aaron CHIA / SOH Wooi Yik 58,380 TP : 14

10. TPE LU Ching Yao / YANG Po Han 57,380 TP: 18

3. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    I think BWF needs to figure out a method to solve this conundrum. May be weightage to the ratio of no. Of tournaments played and the total points. For ex, if a pair has 60,000 points in 15 tournaments and another pair has 58,000 points in 8 tournaments, the second pair should qualify because we can say that the quality of the second pair is higher than the first.

Play hard. Train harder.

4. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

Wow those TPE pairs, 16 & 18 tournaments :D

The remaining tournaments for minions, before wtf:
    3 x s750 : denmark, open, fuzhou open
    1 x s500 : hongkong open

I suspect Alfian/ardianto will also play in the remaining s300 tours (3x) in korea, India & macau

#4924 ma.ria, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Dont think so.. thats 3GPG , they will play in SEA Games, so no time for that .. Even like now, there is basically no rest till WTF..

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Which minions are all the defending champions except France Open. Tough task:confused:
    Marcus better not get anymore injuries.. and Kevin not to get sick.

7. minions

minions Regular Member

Yes. I agree. I think that the average of the total points should be count. Now, INA MD has to face a situation where their top pairs are battling with each other just like JPN WD. I wonder if removing country quota will increase the quality of WTF.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Only the 10 best results count. Afaik, if a pair has less than 10 tournaments and was inactive for a period, they can get seeded with a notional ranking according to their average points per tournament, but iirc that usually only applies to pairs like Ko/Shin who were inactive for a long stretch of time.
    For qualifications and rankings, it's simple - 10 best results added up count. If you played less than 10 tournaments, tough luck. This is intentional, btw, to prevent players from picking and choosing and playing less than 10 (despite the fines), as the bwf also has an interest in popular players appearing at tournaments, attracting spectators (and sponsors).

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Best 10 tournaments result applies only to world ranking. For WTF, you simply just add ALL bwf tournaments points you play within the year. If you played 20 tournaments, then the points from all 20 tournaments will be counted to the qualification points.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Thought we were talking about world ranking :D nvm then. WTF having different rules is weird imop, while I can see the reason for why they do it this way I'd prefer it if they stuck to the WR rules in order to protect the athletes from themselves as well (no incentive to risk injury by playing too much)

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Quantity over quality:rolleyes::cool:

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Feel its a better draw in FranceOpen. but who knows , against another CHN pair. Looks like He/Tan will be disbanded. What I like is the 3 pairs are in different quarter, so there slightly higher chance for All INA Final again.

LiLiu always gets the easiest draw, its like straight kill. You wonder why with this kind of draw and easier R1 R2 yet they still cant do well in later stages of tournament.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

R1 : Di/Wang, new young CHN pair?
    R2 : Kim/Lee possibly?
    QF : Han/Zhou?
    SF : Kam/Son or Fajar/Rian?

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Sigh.. I miss this jersey

duchoainguyen likes this.
  15. minions

minions Regular Member

There are two weeks break before Denmark Open. Let's start the discussion and prediction about minions' ranking points.
    1. Can minions guarantee their WR1 spot even before WTF starts?
    2. If minions don't win the rest of the tournaments and the daddies win the rest, will minions get overthrown from their spot?
    3. If minions' points remain the same for the rest of the year, when will the daddies become the WR1 the fastest way
    Okay, I will let you analyze and calculate further. Have fun!

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Hmm.. I will leave the calculation to you :D

As for predictions, realistically speaking, I doubt Ahsan/Hendra will win all the rest four tournaments due to their age and physical condition. I would say exactly the same thing about minions, though I'd expect they would do much better than losing at early stages (in all four tournaments).
    So as long as minions do normal (in good form), they should be able to keep their rank. At least minions should do well in DO as the playing condition suits them. As in FO, looking at their draw, barred any injuries or blunders they should manage to go to SF. Though personally I'd rather them winning FO Super 750 as it's one of the title minions hasn't won yet beside the new Malaysia Open Super 750.

My biggest concern is Marcus' physical condition. Would he be suffering from any injuries or remain injury-free for the rest of the year? Sitting in a wrong position too long or sleeping badly could even affect his performance rather than real injuries from playing on court. That's even more worrying.. he didn't do that well in the last months of last year. On the other hand, Kevin did very well coming close to the end of last year from DO through WTF, so if he could stay fit, he should perform just fine while covering for Marcus and vice versa if the other is having a bad day.

Addition : I just remember that Ahsan/Hendra might play more than 4 tournaments for the rest of the year or they will just play in the last 4 Super 500++. Minions, I believe, will only participate in Super 500++.

#4936 yuquall, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  17. minions

minions Regular Member

List of records that minions will / have surpassed (BOLD is the newest, recent record).
    - Minions' current SS/WT500+ titles are 23 titles, the most from any of MD pairs.
    - Marcus' current SS/WT500+ titles are 24 titles, the most from any of INA MD.
    - Minions has spent their weeks as WR1 for 118 weeks, the longest from any of MD pairs.

- Marcus' current SS/WT500+ titles are 24 titles, joint-most with Natsir as the INA players who won the SS/WT500+ titles the most.
    - Minions has spent their weeks as WR1 for 106 consecutive weeks. They need 11 weeks to equal Lee/Yoo's record.
    - Zhang/Zhao's 27 SS titles, the most from any of the double pairs. Minions need 4 more titles to match this record.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

ZhangZhao 27 titles are quite competitive, while MD where 2 men play against each other is always competitive, too (and more fast and furious should create more upset) . so much ego in it. Thats why the CHN pairs cant handle it.

I think they also hold the record to win 3 titles in a single tournament (Japan, Fuzhou & India consecutively in fact), I think this is important record. They will have more chance with AE,IO and HKO later. Can do double in DO.

Looking at Race to Tokyo , Nigeria MD pair is place 16th and will be able to play in OG, unbelievable. Its important that FajarRian is in top 8, they can knockout the pair placed 10-13/14. Someone like HCK/ZHD, Aaron/Yik , Ko/Shin (as someone from their country already have reps) if they get close, they will be knocked out .

#4938 Yoji, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

So they need 12 more consecutive weeks to break the previous record.
    About 3 months from now means by the end of this year. Four Super 500+ plus WTF if they qualify.
    They need to defend DO, get to FO final, defend Fuzhou China Open and HKO. And if they succeed to win WTF, they will be safe till BAC next year.

20. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    I live in Nigeria now but never know this :D