Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well, because after OG, many pairs will breakup, new pairs rise up. Its bigly.

If you keep losing like HuangKX, then sooner or later you will lose confidence of your ability. HanZhou is feeling the heat now too. So timing is important,

2. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

I kinda want to see kevin playing with daniel, he has so much potential. everyone seems to hyping leo, but daniel is catching my attention more. such a clever player.

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

What Huang KX has to do with this?

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

"it's bigly"? What is that even supposed to mean?
    Also if you're so fragile that you can't handle a few losses, you won't last in competitive sports anyway. It's ridiculous to propose waiting over a year to compete just to make use of some of the pairs retiring or breaking up. You're trading in valuable experience to protect egos that shouldn't need protection.
    Also, your skills and abilities are attained in training, not in competition. It makes zero sense that someone should "lose them" just because they lose a couple matches.

MezzL likes this.
  5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Indonesia Team to arrive at Denmark.
    Did I just see Marcus' head turned blonde again?o_Oo_O:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

never said its a few losses but well if its 5-6 continuous R1 losses, we ll see. Sometimes it also depends on the draw. Look at ConradKolding, can you say its weak mentality?

HanZhou is coming up with few R1 losses and slated to play BoeConrad again. What if they were drawn again in Fuz and HK R1 and same result, it will be interesting..

Merely stating that timing of the rise is important.
    Had LYD hasnt retired,(or even HS at that time) we ll never know if Kevin can win that many SS. Maybe its fate or blessings.

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

8. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It had? I don't remember. That's great!

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Minions spent a year or so losing in early rounds too before they started to go further.

Who knows, minions would have still win many titles even if LYD or HD hadn't retired. Both seemed to be unmotivated after the Olympics.

11. sen

sen Regular Member

Towi/Butet was almost trophy-less in the one year before Olympic. They looked like going down in world rank too, from being top 3 to look like medal hopeless. Mentally I thought they were gone too at that time.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You're conflating two ideas that aren't the same here. Pairs rising after the OG cycle (as some retire, take time off, split up,....) doesn't have much to do with your proposal that younger, inexperienced pairs should wait for this period of weakness to start competing - if anything, it's counterproductive. They should start competing earlier, so they have some experience when this period of comparative weakness starts and can make use of it.
    Obviously they should not only compete in the most competitive events only, but lower tier tournaments as well, so they can progress into later stages and keep getting some wins to boost their confidence. Also, winning a tournament may be important, as that can be an additional mental hurdle for some players.
    Since elite pairs aren't competing in these lower tier tournaments, it makes even less sense to wait for the post-OG weakening of the top of the scene.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Minions are not really title-less, though compared to what they had won in the last two years the numbers are not that high (yet?). Their issue is that they always under perform in major tournaments, whether it's nerves or pressure of being the favorites or something else.
    I hope they will sort it out by the Olympics next year. They should be able to qualify as the top 2 INA pairs, barred any injuries.

14. sen

sen Regular Member

What I referred to is not minions. I was referring more about the Chinese pairs. Li/Liu probably in the same mental condition like Towi/Butet during 2016 Olympic qualification. At that time, Towi/Butet kept losing to Zhang/Zhao and even lost to some other pairs.

Other Chinese pairs also probably in the bad mental conditions but does not mean that we can write them off. Maybe they can bounce back

I think minions are still in ok mental conditions.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ah okay.
    Though I don't think Li/Liu are down mentally. Their issue is probably more physical especially Li. Liu seems quite fine to me though.

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Just realised the next two tournaments will be in Europe, meaning huge time difference, meaning I will get much less sleep, meaning much crankier, more exhausted etc etc.. :confused::confused:

Sometimes I wonder how the players deal with the long travel and jet lags. I usually need about a week to recover fully from a flight (short or long). Not to mention the anxiety or the motion sickness that comes with it. I can't imagine the players who have to play in far places with only 2 days to rest in between (if they got to the final).

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Traveling West is pretty easy. Traveling East is very hard. Exercise helps a lot to fall asleep, but even so you won't perform the same when jetlagged. Either way, traveling West basically makes you have a couple longer days, which we can manage quite well, whereas we handle shortened days a lot worse.

18. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I thought they are still slated to play in Ct2, Last match?

Today is the FuzhouOpen draw, tournaments coming thick and fast.