LEGENDS CORNER

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Anks, Oct 12, 2019.

1. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

world champion defeated by saina

#21 pradeep chand, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  2. pradeep chand

3. pradeep chand

it's not fair to criticize other players. the conditions she played is different from today

4. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    I respect your opinion and believe in freedom of speech however I also believe Every Olympic/World Champion can afford to lose at regulars because with Major Tittles and entry into the Legend club the minor regular tittles dont matter.

Just a glorious summary of the Great Wang Yihan

Majors -:
    1 OG Silver ( Defeating the Mentioned player )
    1 WC Gold ( TITTLE )

Biggest SS

1 WTF Gold ( TITTLE )

The Other player's achievements

Majors -:
    1 OG Bronze ( Lucky due to Xin's injury )
    2 WC Bronze,Silver

BIGGEST SS

I have my own personal belief that a legend and a Major Tittle holder like great Wang Yihan is only comparable with the players of her CLASS like Li Xuerui the OG Champion Major tittle holder herself and because their rivalry is much bigger than minor tournament players.

So If a legend like Wang Yihan should be compared with its only another legend the OG Champion Li Xuerui for they gave birth to their Royal rivalry the great status by playing against each other at the Biggest Badminton tournament the OG.

Take care !

#24 Anks, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  5. Anks

Anks Regular Member

This forum which is suppose to be Badminton's discussion den has now made it inappropriate to address players with their biggest achievements.

For Eg.If You Say Lin Dan 2*OG Champ 5*WC Champion + 2 WC Silver then Its considered inappropriate.

I dont get what sort of absurd rule is this ?

6. Anks

Anks Regular Member

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT this is a response to Mr.Cheung and Other Moderators and to my friends in retaliation to the curbing of my freedom of speech I have taken this decision !

Dear Mr.Cheung
    and Other Moderators

I shall now on stay on my thread itself and refrain from participating in ALL other threads and posts for it seems my genuine passion and love for the legends is costing a few folks their comfort.

As I have said earlier I believe in freedom of speech and I wanna thank you and other moderators for allowing me all the opportunities that had been given to me for so long to freely express my views and opinions,however,sighting the intolerance towards my opinions and affection for legends I wanna announce that From this conversation on I leave the participation in any further public posts or tournaments and Shall post my opinions in my own thread " LEGENDS CORNER ".

I dont post my opinions for reactions I post my opinions as my emotions towards Badminton which I Love and players who have encouraged me through my personal struggles in life and I cannot sacrifise my strength for the weaknessess of a few.

Just to clarify Mr.Cheung and other moderators that I have nothing against you because I know your just doing your job and I respect you for that.

I will forever be thankful to all of you for giving me opportunities to express my views in other threads However Now I will keep my opinions and views to myself in my thread and If you even dont want me to be there then kindly let me know I shall leave these forums myself forever.

On my behalf kindly convery a big thanks to all my friends in public threads for loving me or hating but at least accepting me.

Once again May God Bless you Mr.Cheung and Moderators

Regards
    Anks

#26 Anks, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    mohans likes this.
  7. Anks

Anks Regular Member

8. Anks

Anks Regular Member

9. Anks

Anks Regular Member

A Very intresting article about the Almost Legend 3* OG Silver Medalist and 4*WC Medalist ( 3 Silvers 1 Bronze ) Lee Chong Wei

https://scroll.in/field/926921/lee-chong-wei-a-near-perfect-specimen-of-a-badminton-player

Its so cruel that the longest World No.1 Couldnt get a single MAJOR TITTLE ( Olympics or World Champiomships )

There are many players in history who became No.1 however unfortunately will only be remembered as No.1 and wouldnt have the Great Honour of being addressed as Former Olympic or World Champion :(

I believe such players have to be the most unluckiest players of all time and Almost Legend Lee Chong Wei is not the only one there are so many like that but just lemme give you a few names

List Of a few Unluckiest WORLD NO.1s who Never won a MAJOR TITTLE in their Careers

1.Lee Chong Wei
    2.Mia Audina
    3.Son Wan Ho
    4.Kidambi Srikant
    5.Prakash Padukone
    6.Peter Gade
    7.Saina Nehwal
    8.Wong Choong Hann
    9.Huang Hua
    10.Zhou Mi
    11.Morten Frost
    12.Wong Choong Hann

There are many more in the list But I thought of keeping it short...So these are the players who were soo close of becoming TRUE CHAMPIONS but unfortunately Couldnt.

Tai Tzu Ying and Akane Yamaguchi
    Are Two currently Unluckiest No.1s However they still have the Olympics coming up and I hope they get a Major tittle before they retire or Their names will be added in the list.

Best of Luck to these two !

#29 Anks, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  10. Anks

Anks Regular Member

REMEMBERING THE LEGEND

The Great Legend Chen Jin ( OG Bronze + WC Champ +Bronze,Silver ) Celebrates his victory at WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2010 over another Legend Taufik Hidayat ( OG Champ + WC Champ )[​IMG] That was the glorious year for China as all the Podiums went for China !

Heres an article about the Biggest Tournament of 2010 the World Championships and the performance of Legends.

http://sports.rediff.com/report/2010/aug/29/chinas-chen-jin-claims-world-badminton-title.htm

I love you OG Bronze + 3 WC Medalist ( G,S,B ) World Champion Mr.Chen Jin and its an honour for me to share your gloriois victory to the forums..I pray for your healthy life and gracious coaching career..thanks for your contribution to Badminton !

11. Anks

Anks Regular Member

REMEMBERING THE LEGEND

To those who might have forgotten the below legend let me remind you this is the Great OG Silver Medalist and World Champion 1983 Mr.Icuk Sugiarto[​IMG]
    Some of you might have guessed by his surname that he is probably related to a the WC Bronze Medalist Tommy Sugiarto.

Yes,Tommy Sugiarto is a Proud son of this Great Olympic Silver Medalist and World Champion.

The reason why Mr.Icuk Sugiarto is known to be the best is because he was one of the two Indonesians the other one being the 1980 World Champion The Great Legend Mr.Rudy Hartono who defeated Mr.Liem Swei King also known in Indonesia as the "KING" in his CONSECUTIVE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Mr.Icuk shocked Indonesian fans and Badminton world but at the same time made millions fall in love with him by defeating the World No.1 King YET AGAIN

You will always stay in the Legends Club Mr.Icuk Sugiarto..May God bless you a long healthy life !

#31 Anks, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  12. Anks

Anks Regular Member

REST IN PEACE Legend Han Aiping
    [​IMG]

One of the Gretaest Badminton Players of all time Miss.Han Aiping The Woman Singles and Woman Doubles WORLD CHAMPION and Worlds Silver medalist in both categories Left the Badminton world crying and sad on 16th october 2019 She departed to spread her class in the heavens after a long fight with Lung Cancer.

As Someone who is going through a type of medical struggle I know how hard it is,However Miss.Han Aiping Your name will continue to inspire me to fight and push my boundaries like you forayed into both doubles and Singles and proved your metal to the world.

Im honoured to have you in my club of legends Madam.Han aiping Your Legacy will live on and Your Name will forever be remembered as one of the Greatest Woman Singles and Woman Doubles player of all times.

I know your playing in the heavens and probably angels are appreciating and learning from you the finest badminton.

Also please say my Hi to Mr.Jun Jae Sung too.

I will always love you and you will always stay in my heart Madam.Han Aiping

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  13. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

It's Mr. Cheung. ;)

Anks likes this.
  14. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Thanks for letting me know Mr.Lenaic..Its really great to see you here.I hope your in the best of health and best of mood :)

LenaicM likes this.
  15. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Here what some of the Badminton Legends have to say about Miss.Han Aipings Departure

Zhao Yunlei 2*OG Gold 1*OG Bronze
    5*WC Gold 2*WC Silver 3*WC Bronze

May the angelic feathers be with you all the time, my coach," wrote Zhao Yunlei, the first and only badminton player to have ever won two gold medals in the same Olympic edition, on Weibo on Thursday.

Cai Yun 1*OG Gold 1*OG Silver 4*WC Gold 3*WC Bronze

"It's heartbreaking to hear this waking up, rest in peace my senior," posted Cai Yun, Olympic Champion and four-time World Championships men's doubles title winner.

Madam.Ye zhaoying 1*OG Bronze 2*WC Gold 1*WC Bronze

"There won't be any memorial meeting, as requested in Han's last wish. Goodbye my friend. May there be no pain but only happiness of badminton in heaven," wrote Twice World Champion badminton legend Madam.Ye Zhaoying

#35 Anks, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Justin L likes this.
  16. Anks

Anks Regular Member

A Future Legend ??
    [​IMG]
    An Se Young who is,as of now,a 17 Year old Korean player,making news around the Badminton World because of her great results at such a young age which makes experts in Badminton believe that she could possibly be the future MAJOR Champion ( Olympic / World )

And these believes are not just dependent on her current form however the history of Badminton has shown that many teenagers who did well at the teens turned up to be some of the greatest Badminton Players in the history of Badminton.

Two Such Names are -:

2019 Reigning World Champion Pusarla Venkata Sindhu + ( OG*1 Silver WC*2 Silvers 2*Bronze )

2013 World Champion Ratchanok Intanon + (WC*1 Bronze )

2013 World Champion Ratchanok Intanon marked her class by defeating the then Reigining Olympic Champion and two times WC Silver medalist the Legend herself Li Xuerui and became the Youngest and first Thai World Champion in the history of Badminton

The same year in 2013 and in the same World Championships The 2019 Reigning World Champion Pusarla Ventakata Sindhu became the first and Youngest Indian girl to win the bronze at the World Championships.

And these two were just 18 at that time also 2019 Reigning World Champion Pusarla Venkata Sindhu was herself just 17 when she was in Top 20 already.

In 2013 World Championships
    [​IMG]

In 2019 World Championships
    [​IMG]

So the fine record of these two World Champions and many more alike reflect a bright light on the very belief that great young teen players like An Se Young could very well be an Olympic medalist and World Champion someday if they keep working hard.

I predict An Se Young and her compatriot Kim Ga Eun who is another great young talent from Korea to definitely be the future Big things in Badminton World.

#36 Anks, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  17. Anks

Anks Regular Member

REMEMBERING THE LEGEND

A lot of you guys who have just started watching Badminton must have seen this great person below as a Coach to Chinese Men's And Woman's Singles especially at the coach bench of GOATs like ( 2*OG Champ and 5*WC Champ + 2*WC Silvers =7 Times Major Medalist ) Lin Dan.
    [​IMG]

To those folks who dont know him let me introduce you to the 2000 OG*Bronze Medalist and 2003 World Champion Xia Xuanze who kept China's Flag High in both Major Tournaments of the Badminton World.
    [​IMG]
    Mr.Xia Xuanze when active in badminton,was known for his decieving shots and early shot retrieving capabilities which made it harder for the opponent to predict his shots in addition to his smooth agility

In 2000 Sydney Olympics the great legend Xia Xuanze defeated the demarks great player of that time known as Peter Gade and showed him why he was one of best in the world and two years later he went on to become the World Champion in 2003

For China due to the presence of Super Legends like Lin Dan who is udoubtedly the greatest of Greats due to his 2 OG Golds and 5 World Championship Tittles and his 2 WC Silvers as well which is one of a kind achievement ever in the history of Men Singles Badminton and 2 OG Golds and 5 World Championship Medals of Great Madam Zhang Ning the Great achievements of many other Chinese Legends get over shadowed.

But as an all time SuperFan,Lover and Researcher of All World and Olympic Champions Its my duty to make sure all these amazing Legends are showcased and remembered for their contributions to their respected countries and most importantly the Game of Badminton.

Mr.Xia Xuanze's fighter attitude and amazing determination to rule the world was proven when he turned his Major Bronze at 2003 Olympics into Worlds Gold and becoming the King of Badminton in 2003.

Thank You Mr.Xia Xuanze for all your great matches and Im Honoured to have you as a part of my Legends Club..May We keep seeing you on the court for thousands of years !

#37 Anks, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  18. Anks

Anks Regular Member

A very valid and truthful article from Malaysia..it discusess the importance of the Biggest tittles of the the Badminton world in the year i.e WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS and OLYMPICS

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nst.com.my/node/516598/amp

It validates my point and belief against those who are fans of a FORM which is TEMPORARY of a player which could be based on their rankings or minor tournaments performance which I dont count anyways.

However..I have always believed and still believe that its these TWO MAJOR TITTLES that really count because these tittle can only be earned by the Real best in the world and they are PERMANENT like CLASS.

19. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

hey, i actually think we should have legend players box beside china-japan-denmark... profession players boxes. We can move some threads like lcw, lin dan, natsir... to that box

Anks likes this.
  20. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

how come anks like my post when he's already ignored me [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Anks likes this.