DANISA DENMARK Open 2019 : R/32 - FINAL (15-20 October)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 14, 2019.

1. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd very much prefer Minions vs Another Pair or Daddies vs Another Pair in finals.
    Every time these guys meet, the matches end in 30~40 mins (except maybe the last meeting) and it's not very entertaining as a spectator.
    Yes, stroke qualities are next level. Flat and fast exchanges. Net plays are great..etc. But there's not hype rally as everything ends in 3-5 shots.

2. wade

wade Regular Member

If it's an all indonesian final, I'd prefer minions vs fajar/rian, when both are at their best we really can see a high quality match with long rallies. hendra for some reason always having a bad game when he's facing kevin, while fajar seems to handle kevin pretty well.

trizzforce likes this.
  3. duchoainguyen

duchoainguyen Regular Member

Daddies made quite a lot of mistakes today, and as the commentators said they could not take the control of the net area away from Kevin who is on fire (like Jordan) today :)))

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Looking at minions statistics in this tournament, all their matches ended under 30 minutes.. or other tournaments in fast halls. It would have been longer if it was in slow halls, just like Morten or Steen said.

5. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

Kevin too quick at the front court, imo. probably thats why the daddies rather lift to gideon to smash than try to drive past kevin.

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

i d half thinking like that too.. But look at the Finals before that... was it any different? The one in in MM against OngTeo , HKO against KamuraSonoda or Maybe the Final last year.

The thing is if Minions reach Final, there can only be 1 outcome. Funny to say because MD is so competitive how can one just easily walks over other in Final..

Plus the other pair cant even beat AhsanHendra at the moment. Actually have to beat them first before playing Minions..

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  7. skhai91

skhai91 Regular Member

Engineer
    Oh my god, the announcer just introduced CL as "Former Olympic Champion".

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Choi/Seo or Endo/Wata didn't have any trouble beating minions before beating Ahsan/Hendra

trizzforce likes this.
  9. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Quit disappointed with Ahsan Setiawan. Being AE and WC winner but Always lose to minions head to head.

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

If one talk about the Minutes even the one against EndoWata ends in less than 30mins. The one against ChoiSeo not Final though, certainly not what is talked about

11. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

well, hopefully Ahsan n Setiawan will find a way somehow. but with their age, they might just have to live with it. its not like they are going to play straight away against one another in the first match of a tournament. both have to get pass other opponents before playing one another since they are ranked 1 and 2.

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It could be quite difficult just like Zheng/Huang and Wang/Huang, because they are sparring with each other everyday. Ahsan/Hendra knows minions game well and vice versa, I think minions has the upper hand for their speed and their age.

13. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

ya, well. what to do. anyway i guess Ahsan/Hendra will retire after the Olympics. so probably the other young and active MD should scratch their heads and think how to overcome the minions, instead of the daddies worrying about this.

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well I hope AhsanHendra plays on after OG (whatever the result is), dont repeat 2016 ending. Play 2-3 more years like Natsir, thats the best outcome.( Had Natsir not injured she will have play longer imo). Its a pain to see her on half legs for basically 2 years.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Long outfoxed by Momota

16. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

personally, i feel setiawan will retire after OG, Indonesia Open 2021 will be his last (like any other indonesian greats).

i dunno about ahsan tough.. he could continue if there is any decent partner..

17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

That is still a year after OG. I'm sure he wont give up that easily.

and i think MS final involving Momota has been more boring this year (except the one against ASG). The fact that its different country Final and no one can challenge him is more off a turnoff. I thought im gonna watch but i'm lying on the bed its already 21-14 G1 checking the score.

18. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

@super-g Well played, Sir. Well played. ;)

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Long outwitted and outplayed time and time again, his simple, straightforward and over-reliant on physicality game is not going to beat Momota who is such a smart player, reading his opponent's game and anticipating so well.

Since their last meeting where Chen Long pushed Momota hard, the latter has done his homework and come up with all the answers.

Momota is truly the best MS player in the world today.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I daresay, even if Shi Yuqi is back to his best as in the Sudirman Cup, he is not going to trouble Momota too much, at least not for a year, by then Tokyo 2020 is over. We'll see.

At the rate Momota is going, any player who can put up a close fight against him is a compliment to the opponent already.

#880 Justin L, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Oreki likes this.