YONEX FRENCH Open 2019 : R/32 - FINAL (22-27 October)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

I think, this could be said for a lot of matches when one pair just loses to Minions.

2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Kevin didnt play well , G1 could have been taken away . He looks slower than usual, feels like many shuttle over the head got past him. That pirouette move is 1 of that, doesnt look like natural pirouette.

Gideon is the difference.

3. wade

wade Regular Member

Not only that, ranki/shetty style is simply suiting minions...they like to play fast, very different to endo/watanabe.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Fell asleep and just woke up, I don't know how but Yay minions won! Will watch the replay later.

Anyway, got 5/5 for today.:D This feels pretty good.

kenner30, rhoder, nccm1 and 8 others like this.
  5. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

I like it how the French Open only gives the tower and flowers on the podium, unlike Denmark Open where they were troubled holding all that stuff.

azerez, samkool and wade like this.
  6. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    nailed it!

care to join my bookmaking operation?:D

yuquall likes this.
  7. tepokbulu

tepokbulu Regular Member

the whiter indian sway his hand left and right before serving
    maybe that annoy kevin

8. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Dude, stop being so blind and oversensitive regarding everything. Maybe everyone has fault in the world except Kevin. What's wrong with doing that thing before the serve? Are they delaying the serve or what ? And what do you want to say about Kevin feigning the shot when the shuttle was going wide (I don't have any problem with his action) but fans like you make me ask this question.

And the 'whiter' Indian boy's name is Chirag. Don't use the colour of the skin remark again.

Vannieboy, Anks, Baddyforall and 15 others like this.
  9. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    personal summary:

ws - changing of the guard? not yet. merely a glimpse into the future. i had this 52/48 for marin going in based on experience & hunger vs. talented carefree youth. once carolina's plan a stopped working she became tense mentally. where was plan b fernando?!? asy's speed should not surprise anyone. imagine what will happen when asy gains the strength and power athletes gain as they grow into their prime physical years. good to see korea's ws future is coming soon, provided kba doesn't burn her out. for now i can see how they want to get her into tokyo so i don't expect a w/d for macau. a careful career road map afterwards would be wise though. w/ this title i believe she cracks the top 10...

xd - 65/35 china. can't pick praveen on colossal talent alone until he proves to be reliable, especially against the #1 pair. last weeks run wasn't enough. this one definitely moves the needle.

dare i say we are witnessing the deadliest backhand since taufik hidayat? add it to the most intimidating smash in the game today and xd has become excitingly unpredictable, finally. great coaching call in moving oktavianti closer to the net, leading to her dominating the front court. looks like she's playing with more confidence also. in the 3rd game praveen wasn't smashing as hard. i hope it was to mix up the speed, keeping the defense on their heels, and not from a possible muscle strain. he's already 25-1/2 years old... old in male xd years. will he waste all that talent during the time he has left, like he did with his early years? nobody wants to see that.

ms - 95/5 chen long. in order to beat a machine you need to be a better-stronger-faster machine. jonatan christie ain't that machine. that's all i needed to know. skimmed through the entire match replay in 5 minutes.

wd - skipped it. no compelling reason to care.

md - 75/25 marvin. this was a good indicator of where the holes in ranki/shetty's game are: a hair slower, need to retake the offense sooner. to me it looked like they were a tad intimidated by the combination of who they were playing + the situation they were in: beating the best pair to win your 1st wt750. progress was still made, though.

stats: 2 right, 2 wrong.

#1069 samkool, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    visor, Justin L, CLELY and 2 others like this.
  10. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    yep. it's more tasteful, tactful and professional.

i think it's kinda childish when tournaments give a toy.
    do they even hand out toys in jr's?
    what other professional sport hands out toys at their highest level of competition?
    oy... don't even get me started... :mad:

11. minions

minions Regular Member

Have a feeling that all of your prediction might be right. Man, you really predict all of that right. Seems like you have unlocked your future sight ability. :D

12. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

And Sinyo actually didn't really play his A+ game too, at most this is a B+ game from him, but that's still enough for their opponent was also lacked in top level performance. They were pretty beatable last night against top 10 competition if the opponent brought their A game, but that fortunately didn't happen.

I think the Minions are a bit of fatigued at the moment, but who wasn't at this juncture of the season ? Just rest next week and come back with fresher body & mind in the next tournament, fellas.

13. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

if only praveen as consistent as gideon, pair him with kevin, that would be very scary

14. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

she did not play really well since the first match of denmark open. I were guessing that an can go to the final
    Marin got stomach issues in french open. So winning to improve h2h agaisnt no, tai, rat was more than i expected

i thought an get injured in denmark. She did not, so im not very surprising she go far and win french open

15. minions

minions Regular Member

I will just post it here to summarize the current state of each category.

MS - KM's dominance is even stronger than before.
    WS - TTY is no longer dominating this category. The number one spot becomes free-for-all.
    MD - Minions are still dominating the category, but more pairs keep giving them a run of their money. Also, they have been backed up by the daddies and Fajar/Rian to further strengthen INA MD's domination.
    WD - JPN WD is slowly but surely lost its touch. KOR WD is the biggest threat atm.
    XD - CHN XD is dominating for the most of this year. But, its dominance has been chipped recently.

16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

ENCORE FOR CHEN, FOUR NEW CHAMPS
    A string of heavyweight names had became victim of huge potential teen An Se Young, starting from Tai Tzu Ying, Pusarla Sindhu, Saina Nehwal, Akane Yamaguchi and yesterday the Korean prodigy creating spectacular feat to stun reigning Olympic Champion Carolina Marin in three games, 16-21 / 21-18 / 21-5. At deciding game, an unexpected lop-sided affair happened when Marin only scoring five points, much younger An who had more stamina and energy implementing right strategy to slow down the tempo and constructing long rallies that tiring the Spaniard. Undoubtedly, An has top 10 materials considering her skill, mental strength, stamina and ambition.

Chen Long salvages China camp from humiliating result in Europe tour, ended his title drought in exactly 12 months at Stade Pierre de Coubertin. A neck to neck match in opening game also the middle of second game, the more patient yet experienced Olympic Champion shows his class to tackle Indonesian number one Jonatan Christie who failed to keep consistency after interval break, 21-19 / 21-12. Chen looks back on best track, improving some technical skills and shot variation to complete his solid defense. The Chinese also through into final round in Odense, only lost to current king Kento Momota, it's not an easy job to be qualified on finale in highly competitive men's singles department.

Two Super 750 titles for Jordan/Oktavianti, unpredictable outcome in mixed doubles prior to DEN-FRA tour, good news for Indonesia badminton fans who could banking on them to claim glory beside the always dependable men's doubles category. A striking performance by world number five pair to beat two-time World Champions Zheng/Huang who often flat footed and couldn't anticipate their opponents shots well including five times Jordan flick serves. Huang Yaqiong couldn't cover her below-par partner Zheng Siwei, something is missing from this Chinese pair, lack of speed, focus, confidence yet accuracy against more determined Jordan/Oktavianti who losing first game narrowly and trailing behind 7-13 in second game but came back stronger at final game.

Lee SH/Shin SC avenge their KOR Open defeat to compatriots Kim SY/Kong HY in the longest match of final day, 16-21 / 21-19 / 21-12. Korea had scooped three Super 750 women's doubles crown with three different pairs, such an impressive reviving to erode Japanese stranglehold.

Last but not least, Indian youngsters did their best effort to balance overwhelming favourite top seeded pair but Minions are still strong to beat especially critical points, Gideon/Sukamuljo nailed it in both games, 21-18 / 21-16, to complete title collection. Second French Open victory for Gideon as he clinched 2013 edition, partnered with former Olympic Champion Markis Kido. One positive character for this undisputed world number one domination, they always hungry for victory, waiting for the biggest one in Tokyo 2020.

Giga01, It'sMeMeMe, badito and 4 others like this.
  17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Have never seen ZhengHuang under such immense pressure.

99% of the times, they want to make opponents lift but they defend too much in this match..

1st point in G3 already shows their mentality..just hoping Jordan will run out of power

18. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

Not sure if praveen/melati can sustain this level with their play. Melati defense seemed weak and they keep attacking her. Praveen had to help her cover leaving his side of the court. Why zsw didn't smash on the empty court but keep trying to smash at melati baffles me

19. tepokbulu

tepokbulu Regular Member

kevin does air swing when he is annoyed

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Me too. You can't see me but I am doing an air swing at the moment.:cool:

Baddie lover likes this.