Astrox 99 LCW vs Astrox 88D

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Kingsley90, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Kingsley90

Kingsley90 Regular Member

Anyone can give comment on this two racket if i’m going to use it in doubles, 4u or 3u? Which astrox is going to truly dominate in the game ? :p Heard Ax99lcw version is much more easier to use compare to the old batch ax99 because of the reducing of head weight. Feel free to give any opinion on it thanks ! :D

2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

No racquet is going to "truly dominate in the game". The user will, and it's impossible to answer your question without knowing what level you're playing at, what racquet you're using now, and what you're looking for from either 99 or 88D.

3. laistrogian

laistrogian Regular Member

Student
    Unless you have thunder smash, i'd look for N9-ii

Too many times i see these beginners / low-intermediate players using 88D or 99 and they can't generate power because it's rock stiff and can't move the head fast enough because it's too HH

trizzforce likes this.
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

many mistake done by most beginner thinking to copy what pro does like very high tension or racket usage.
    Thinking if Kevin & Gideon use 88S & 88D, using the same racket their skill will level up much. They forgot that to be able to use those unfriendly spec, there is minimum requirement for that.

5. audiomax

audiomax New Member

out of the 2 you listed I'd recommend 4U 88D for doubles (although myself would go for the 3U version).

6. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

I use 88D 3u and ax99 4u for doubles. Both are good.
    88D 4u is too light