Are rackets getting lighter?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by BenDminton, Aug 9, 2019.

1. BenDminton

BenDminton New Member

I wonder if rackets are getting lighter.

At least that is how it appears to me, when I look at the Astrox range. There is not a single 3U version of them available, at least not in Switzerland (or even Europe) as far as I can see.

There were several 3U options available in the Voltric range, for example z-force2, voltric70 and voltric80...

So far it is still available, but how would you replace a 3U z-force2, with one of the rackets in the new range? The obvious choices are the Astrox 99 and 88D, but like I said, they are only available as 4U in the shops I know.

Is there a reason for that?

#1 BenDminton, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  2. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    There are still 3U and 2U rackets out there. You will probably have to look outside your country to find them, but they should be readily available in the Asian and US markets.

3. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Just Europe I guess. Seems like the Euro agents decided to limit the supply to just 4UG4, which is why I don’t buy Yonex in my area. Want G5...

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

The trend goes toward lighter racket.
    Better material, improve of technology makes racket easier to handle, not like the old forgoten racket which is very demanding, straining, & unforgiving.

But dont let the trend take your fun. Adaptation is needed, but wont remove the fun at all. A little bit of compromise & you still have your fun. And last, 3U havent extinct yet. Some other racket brand still have it on their new range.

5. BenDminton

BenDminton New Member

Well, I had the Astrox 77 4U and quite liked it. But it was lacking a little bit of umpf for me.

I didn't find a 3U version for some time, but eventually manged to order one abroad.

Now I'm very happy with the 3U version. It's just what I had hoped for; easy to generate power and easy to play with...