APACS Virtuoso Performance

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Mark Winston, Aug 7, 2013.

1. kisukey

kisukey Regular Member

This is the new colour for Virtuoso Performance. Official Apacs website: http://apacssports.com/product/virtuoso-performance/

Some other rackets colours have been changed as well such as Lethal 10.

badmintony likes this.
  2. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I see. So it's true then and maybe APACs didn't see the need re-advertise this old model despite the new color.

3. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

Are there fake Apacs racket? I compare the price of AVP on Lazada between Singapore and Malaysia and the price different is crazy. Price different around 1:3 like the exchange rate!

4. kisukey

kisukey Regular Member

Very unlikely. For best prices for Apacs racket buy from Malaysia. Also check seller's rating before buying.

badmintony likes this.
  5. Mr B

Mr B New Member

Hey guys, I just bought a 3u model, can't wait to test it out, my current racket is a 3u zf2 so gunna be interesting to say the least to see how this goes. Might even take a load back to England with me when I go back for Christmas as they're only 26 quid here and 75 quid in England lol! Hit me up if you want one bringing back ;P

6. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

Be prepared to adjust to AVP, its noticeably faster but the sweet spot is smaller than ZF2 and is less forgiving on mishits.

7. Mr B

Mr B New Member

Thanks, duly noted.

A fast racket is exactly what I'm looking for as the zf2 3u can be a bit slow for defence in doubles after 3-4 hours of play.

I was going to buy a js10 but 3u is out of stock everywhere so ended up finding this thread where everyone is raving about the avp and for this price point I snapped one up in a heartbeat, some of the guys on this thread should be getting commission no jokes haha!!

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Tought AVP only had 3U version, tho the paper says its 4U but actually the weight range is at lower 3U area, around 86-87gr.
    Or maybe they had fix the miss type there.

Coming from ZF, a sledge hammer racket.... Well, you might find yourself react faster than you normally do which might need some adaptation to adjust your timing. 2nd you would be missing the solid punching feel with it compare to your ZF.

Got it few month ago & im from Victor TK770. Still cant match my feel with AVP. Already customize my AVP with Victor power tape & still trying to get the feeling again.

9. Mr B

Mr B New Member

Apacs had for sale on their ecommerce store a 4u model, I then asked if they sell the 3u model to get a direct answer about this 4u and 3u confusion. They said there is a 3u model. So I think that they have 87 +/- but it would be -2g to make it a 4u and then the 87+2g to make it a 3u.. Not the most logical way but owell..

I play 6 times a week, I also have a coach so you could assume that I'm alright at the sport.. I can hit a smash and feel the solid punch with any racket, I sometimes use my nanoray but I usually use my head heavy rackets.. I also use 3u for doubles as I prefer the feel and have the wrist and body strength to wield it and play for 4 hours ha.. So buying this avp really is an experiment and a huge impulse buy, not very often do you hear people comparing a cheap racket to high end rackets with the calibre of those such as the js, bs, astrox and dzs series so I can't wait to see what this racket has in store for me. I do believe that a lot of these high end racket prices are high because of heavy marketing which in turn ramps up the price for the consumer *sigh*

So, fair play to apacs really

10. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Let us know what you think. Always good to get a fresh review especially if you can compare it to other rackets on the performance.

11. Mr B

Mr B New Member

Definitely will do bro :D

12. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

AVP was the flagship model for APACS when Robert Blair of Scotland wielded it on Commonwealth games Glasgow 2014. It has the same design and spec to Victor Bravesword 12 Blue, the most popular racket Victor has ever produced when LYD was in his prime. The most die hard BS12 fans will tell you it plays 90% the same as BS12. I saw the new colour AVP has its price dropped by 30%, I am not sure the cost cut is due to material change or it is Apacs's strategy to milk the very last drop from this once very popular racket. I used to own AVP orange, let go after a while because I have difficulty adjusting my timing to hit with AVP. Apacs 3U is slightly lighter than Yonex 3U, it is between Yonex 3U and 4U, I would say a 3U apacs is 3.5U yonex, AVP is slightly head heavy (295mm) so you can put a thicker grip to make it a true 3U even balance racket.

I would appreciate if you can also get the orange version and do a comparison, may be your review will spark my appetite to revisit AVP once again. I was a huge fan of 3U stiff HH rackets (JS10/12, VTZF2, 88D, T200II) in the past and now defensive counter attack style with 4U rackets (88s, Honors, VT80 4U).

Robert Blair with AVP 2.jpg Robert Blair with AVP.png

boon_keng and Mr B like this.
  13. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Just tried AVP... It definitely has a fast bravesword-like swing. But feels incredibly floppy and flexible. The T-joint has some issues where it feels like the racket head is rotating around too much.

But despite all that, it is still a decent racket and definitely good for its price.

14. Mr B

Mr B New Member

Some interesting points

Why compare different colours, they're the exact same racket I'll probably play worse with the orange anyway because I don't like it

15. dg-1984

dg-1984 Regular Member

I have been looking at rackets as an upgrade for my Victor Bravesword LYD, looking at the Victor Jetspeed 10, the Adidas KalKul A5 and also the AVP.
    Wanting a stiff racket as I can feel the flex from the LYD it's not bad but I just feel it could be better.
    Is this still a good choice to go for? The price point is I can get 2 of these rackets for roughly £120, the price of a JS10 is roughly £130-140 and a Adidas one was £95.

16. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

AVP all the way. Plus it can take 30+lb string tension!

17. Mr B

Mr B New Member

Hey mate the AVP is only 25 quid here in Malaysia and that comes strung too haha! Mental or what?!!

The AVP won't disappoint, and taking into account the price point, it's a no brainer, especially if you play doubles, there's always the risk that you will clash rackets so if you want a high end, advanced racket, the AVP will fill those shoes. It really is a beastly racket and I've been using a 3u ZF2 forever so that should tell you something! Oh and I play 6 days/18 hours a week so I know my rackets fairly well..

I hope this helps, all the best and let us know whatever you decide in your reply.

B

dg-1984 likes this.
  18. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    If you want stiffness don't get the AVP. It is very flexible and wobbly, but its strength is in the cost. Buy it if you want to save money while getting good value

19. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

What's the stiffness of AVP like versus BS12? Its been years since I used the orange version so I can't remember.