What Is A Victor V4000 Wave Tech?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Scrench, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

2. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

'Lightweight only: 88 g' :D :D high-quality Graphite Badminton Racket Magan Hi-Fibre :)

3. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Shaft says
    HH 4/5
    Stiff 3/5, same as my Thruster K9000, but they are not even close. This is flexible. Makes me doubt Victor's ratings, but then again, might this racket be a fake Victor?

I'd like to restring it with LN No.1 at 27 lbs. because I've read No.1 tension drops about 3-4 pounds very quickly, and that it stinks at lower tensions. I need to know the safe high tension limit.

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The racket is a low end model so won't appear in Victor literature.
    I think 27lbs may be too much for this sort of racket

5. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Thanks Dave1011, do you think 25 would be OK?

6. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I would say 24/25lbs would be more suitable yes

7. jole73

jole73 Regular Member

Same seller on German Amazon: max. tension 10 kg (~ 22 lbs)

8. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

I never thought of looking on German amazon, but I found it. Thank you jole73!

Still my favorite racket. Might try to push it to 23 lbs.

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If you see Victor and Germany on a product - skip. :D

10. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

ucantseeme,

I understand your point, but I have to tell you, I've won tons of games with this $50 racket, sending people who've spent $200+ on theirs into tears. It only says "Engineered" in Germany. Besides the fact that Germany makes some of the finest stuff in the world (when it's working), I have no idea where this racket was actually made.

11. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Just Germany digs so a lot of Magan that they can make whole freaking racket out from it, and it is so much better than yoneks crappy namd that is why all of those 200+ rackets cry in the corner

12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I don't get your point. All over the world are people who win with crappy rackets over others with expensive rackets. Tells more about quality of the player and the lack of real opponents than about the product. I also don't get why you ask here. I mean you have the racket, like the racket and won so many games with it. If anything don't influence your opinion on this or you don't care about other opinions here, because you won so many games and like it, we all waste time here. Go on court and be happy. I would buy for 50$ budget a different racket from a different brand. "Engineered in Germany" is for me (as a german) not a sign for quality. The glorious "Made in Germany" or germans are known for good quality time is over and Victor International is a bunch of arrogant guys, who ruin the european market because they were lucky to save the trademark. Not more. And since both have quality issues for some time I would skip any Victor racket.

13. jole73

jole73 Regular Member

@ucantseeme
    To be fair, it was you who came up with that "I wouldn't buy"-stuff. OP just asked about the tension range of his racket to get it restrung. Nothing more.

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Let's not get too dramatic here. We are talking about a lower-mid-level racket which is produced for Victor Europe (which is in fact a separate company than Victor Taiwan) and most likely based on a spec that was written and released at Victor Europe (hence "engineered in Germany"). A club mate owns the same racket and I would say it's not bad at all for the money. It has the Inside Wave structure that we have seen on many higher end Victor rackets and feels rather sturdy on the stringing machine. I've seen other rackets for a lot more money that feel a lot more fragile.

@Scrench
    As already said in the other thread, I don't see a problem to exceed the rated tension to maybe 27-28'ish lbs. at maximum. Although you can't trick physics, so the racket will be more vulnerable regarding clashes or heavy frame hits. It's recommended to have some scissors in your bag and cut the strings as quickly as possible when a string has snapped - but that goes for all rackets basically.

#14 s_mair, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    jole73 likes this.