Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Freedom of expression can be seen as a learning process and gaining insight into what might not work. See what the players can do with their style and then modify it, rather than bring up a team of robots who all play the same way.

You know, we always say you learn more from your mistakes.

CLELY and LenaicM like this.
  2. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Btw I am not against the CL style. Its emphasis is on defence. But you need great footwork, anticipation and stamina. It takes quite a long time to master. Huang Yuxiang is an example. Its only now that he has learnt to play that style well and incorporate his attacking game to it.

3. antssantss

Retired
    LS v Why. An exciting match between 2 of the players of the future. LS was marginally the better player, with a stronger attack and better defence. Congratulations to him for winning the Championships. Interesting to see how he plays against the top players.
    As for WHY, he needs the CL lifts and the deception with it to give him more time. I notice the lifts were not deep enought to prevent strong smashes.

4. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

can anybody translate this video

5. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

Cheung and Justin L like this.
  6. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    chen long & the goat weren't whining when they were dominating... :rolleyes:

conducting & live streaming the draw would cost next to $0.00. hell, i'd do it for free. i already own a ping-pong-ball-vacuum-blower-lottery thingy. don't ask :D

bwf continues to be such a bwf when bwf bwf's.

7. antssantss

Retired
    Oh dear my hero, Weng Hong Yang and Liu Haicho both lost in the first round of the Celcom Axiata Malaysian International Challenge. They are not consistent and haven't improved much with performances like this. Whats the use of concentrating on the seniors when the juniors coming up the pipeline are so bad? The Malaysians are going about it the right way. They have many juniors performing quite well.

8. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

He/Tan and Han/Zhou are hopeless, time to split them up

9. antssantss

Retired
    Well done Bai Yupeng beating Takuma Obayashi, seeded 16. I think he lost the last time they met in Japan. TO is a fast attacking player. Pity we cant see the match. Both are young so they will meet again I am sure. BYP has a good Chen Long style of play and if he can cut down his unforced errors and inject pace and deception I think he can be v good. He needs confidence as well.

Justin L likes this.
  10. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

How come you own a ping-pong-ball-vacuum-blower-lottery thingy? :cool:

Baddyforall and samkool like this.
  11. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    for 3 different reasons in 3 different countries: usa, mexico, thailand... you figure it out. heh heh.

12. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

No wonder players are complaining about the draw at tournaments. :D

Baddyforall likes this.
  13. antssantss

Retired
    Congratulations Wang Zhiyi and Ren Pengbo. WZY has improved quite a lot. I thought she might have a problem with H Mizui but her good stroke play and clever and strong attacks caused HM to make many errors. She is a great prospect for the future. R. Pengbo is a very intelligent player and recovered to win. Best if luck tomorrow to both of them. The XD and MD did well. New pairs which I hope will get better.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At the Gwanju Korea Masters'19, Li Shifeng lost a close match, 21-18, 21-19, to Kunlavut despite leading in both sets by a clear margin most of the way. He has the skills to take on KV but not the physicality, fitness/stamina, albeit not by much. These two youngsters have shown potential.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

An Se Young has a stronger attack than Wang Zhiyi, that's what WZY needs to improve on.

16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Wang ZY has no lethal attacking shots to execute well in many long rallies, relying most times on her defense.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Quite true. She is basically a stroke player, just like Wang Shixian, even though she is capable of playing a bit more offensive game as she has occasionally shown.

18. antssantss

Retired
    Wang Zhiyi will be very strong if she is faster and possess a strong attacking game.
    But the surprise of the day is Zhao Jun Peng we ho beat Brise Levedez and Kenta Nishimoto in straight sets. Wow. Unbelievable. Lets see how he plays Kodai Naraoka tomorrow, who overcame Kunlavut Vitidsarn.

19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

They had experienced similar tough times in 1990's that witnessed zero gold medal in Barcelona 1992, first ever badminton debut at Olympic Games. Prior to that, Thomas Cup semifinal outing, lost to MAS (1992). Then losing Uber Cup (1994 & 1996), only nailed one gold medal in Atlanta 1996 (through Ge Fei/Gu Jun). No surprise for current circumstances, Chinese badminton downfall while at the same time the rest of the world awake.

It's Koki Watanabe :D

20. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I think you're mistaken, Koki Watanabe defeated Kunlavut today in two straight games.

Too bad, LSF was 19-15 up in second game but Kunlavut scored 6 consecutive points. I think LSF has improved by considerable margin, I watched some points in second game and I think he went toe to toe with KV. He has good height, and his play is a mixture of mini CL and mini SYQ imo. His movement is more like SYQ and he plays defensively like CL. I didn't watch first game so won't be able to comment on that. If he is polished, he will play like SYQ.