Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. wade

wade Regular Member

It's like the slowest playing condition I've seen them play in last year, like it's reallyyyy hard to kill the shuttle there. I would be very surprised if they can beat endo/yuta in there.

2. minions

minions Regular Member

If they can apply different tactic like in SC, they have a chance. In SC, I saw them playing more effectively instead of the usual fast and furious.

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

They could just be defensive and work the JPN like they did Kam/Son. Given Marcus' defense is decent at the time.
    The JPN seem to know Marcus too well, he probably needs to vary his shots more.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I think they did quite okay yesterday, not that fast and furious. Just too many mistakes from their side. Especially at the end of the game, that's quite uncharacteristic.

5. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

They've been defeated 3 times in a row now,
    For me I'd like to see how minions & the coaches approach this & come up with a better strategy. Like what they did previously when playing Boe/Mogensen.

And it's WTF, a much waited tournament, also still 1 month from now. We can expect minions (& other pairs as well) to come fully prepared. It's not like Hongkong & Thailand open where minions came into the tournaments after winning several consecutive titles beforehand. some said they were tired after long tours around those periods (which might be partly true), but we can eliminate that excuse here at WTF & see if they can improve their game & focus at their best condition.

Tbh I really want to see them winning (several times, if I don't ask too much :D) against endo/watanabe before Olympic.

#5405 ma.ria, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Let’s just hope Marcus won’t get any injury of any sort this time like he did in the previous two years.

7. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

No please dont

8. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

Time to learn playing with more patience and control like the daddies :D

9. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

Already? They're both under 30, even one of them was just being a baby (well at least in a video someone posted before :D)

When was it, daddies' playing style transformation? I just noticed it since all england this year, but dont pay attention when it was really started.

10. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

I think ahsan/hendra playing style more or less has always been like this.

11. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Yeah but it's kinda hard to be patient when you're 168 and 170 cm lol

Hendra is so tall he can find some good angles in his smashes, it's really useful especially when you play against good defensive pair like yuta/endo

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think this year, the kinda regretful match is yesterday match and against KamuraSonoda in SF SO. Both matches they have were leading in G3. They had match point in WC but dont feel that is regretful as they have been behind. So 2 titles goes begging but if we talk about titles goes begging , all the other pairs will feel they have many titles goes begging too lol. But i guess its normal after so many tournaments and matches. The good thing is their record in Final is unblemished, they are on a run of 10 unbeaten in Final.. It was 6straight, 9 straight and now 10.. I think thats another record for longest unbeaten in Final.

Hope they can do well in Guangzhou.

13. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

Just for the sake of variation in their game and it could be useful sometimes
    Patience has nothing to do with height. But I agree with you about Hendra and his good angles.
    So I guess it's more on the controlling part? Maybe more patience until they have the momentum to play fast furious?

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Right. Then will people ask Ahsan/Hendra to play like Endo/Wata to beat minions too?

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

1 think i can think of too is EndoWatanabe / ChoiSeo is a left & right combination (best 2 in the world). Inherently, it will be tough or unique playing against these players. They wont always win but they can notch wins ( ChoiSeo won twice against KamSon as well). There are some matchups they are good at for sure.

Just like how good Momota, LinDan & FHF is. these players are tough to play against, top left handers.

Like Kevin said after winning IO & JO, every opponent will have their own challenges.

16. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Astrup / Rasmussen is also a left/right combo and ranked higher than Choi / Seo.

ATM, I wouldn't say the Koreans are better pair than the Danes (H2H only 1-0 for the KOR) but maybe Choi / Seo have a higher ceiling.

17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Not after this week rankwise, but Minions can live with Astrup deceptions. Yuta is not so tall but even he has a super dropshot but overall its still not too bad. I think Seo is harder to read if you see from the way he jumps.

and that proposes a lot of though provoking in already stressful 3-4 shots world of MD.

The only thing is now ChoiSeo gotta live with being a seeded pair so the pressure will be higher. Life changes when youre a seeded pair like HanZhou.

18. Marzung

Marzung New Member

.....×

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

19. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    Yes, the ball in Guangzhou's venue is very slow. It's very disadvantageous for Minions, as they rely heavily on Kevin's net kill. Perhaps this time they should come out with a new strategy contrary to their usual play style.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I don't think any new strategy would work if both players don't have good days on the day. They could even lose to any pair if they having bad days.

Just think that Endo/Wata is one of the pairs that minions have difficulty to beat if they are not in fittest condition.

Bit different with Choi/Seo. At least Choi/Seo threatens even all top pairs when they are in form. They knew exactly when and whom to pressure. If you show any weakening signs or anything, the coach will find out straight away and tell them what to do. Marcus in WC or Ahsan yesterday final. They lost to minions and Ahsan/Hendra meekly in G1 both occasions. But turned over the table pretty easily in G2.