Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Neel Dhebar

Neel Dhebar Regular Member

Yes, thank you very much @lodoss . I couldn't understand anything but now I too was able to enjoy this excellent interview.

2. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

thank you @lodoss for translating

3. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

thanks for the support and 'likes'. my translation is not perfect so hope i didn't misinterpret some of LD's words. ;)

4. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Yes, his hard-to-top achievements and grandiose is what we will remember.. he will be the gold standard for future MS players. I mean, look at Michael Jordan for example, no one remembers his last season :D

Saru, buibui2, LenaicM and 3 others like this.
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not at all, you did a very good job, we all appreciate it. Hope you will continue contributing in this regard.:)

lodoss likes this.
  6. Neel Dhebar

A win against Vittinghus yesterday, I feel should not have gone to 3 games.

A tame performance against Antonsen.

Lin Dan! We need results! Come on man!

7. GingerCorslette

It's sad - he just can't finish rallies like he used to. When opponents give him enough time to get to the shuttle, especially in his revered high forehand, we're used to seeing him finish the rally in the next few shots. That's seldom seen now; it's like his mind wants, but his body can't... His movement going back to the baseline ain't what it used to be. On top of that, his 'safety' shots are now being read well by opponents... who are like ten, fifteen years younger. I seriously hope he gets a favorable draw in these next tournaments...

And let's just enjoy watching him in action until he plays his last. This is a type of player that comes maybe every 10 or 20 years. Hell, we might not see anything like him ever again. GOAT

buibui2, Neel Dhebar and Justin L like this.
  8. Neel Dhebar

If he can just make it to Tokyo, pull off a Malaysia Open there, that would be perfect.

Anyways, off to Gwangju! Lee Dong Keun awaits, and if he can get through him, there stands the winner between Sitthikom Thammasin and yet another Dane, standing 1.94 m tall.

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

No matter how bad LinDan has played this year, he is a Champion. and Champions finds habit of winning a title.

and he won MalaysiaOpen this year. The only time i watched badminton live in stadium, LinDan ended up winning it (against LCW) at MO2017 Kuching (1 of the best atmosphere in badminton). Silencing home crowd is cool, i have to say. Some kid in front of me went berserk after LCW lost, need the parents calm him down.

Saru, Nine Tailed Fox and buibui2 like this.
  10. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Hahahahaha

11. Neel Dhebar

Lin Dan about to play vs LDK with a 10-1 advantage. He is one of the four players currently in position to take Wang Tzu Wei's 8th spot on the Race to Guangzhou and qualify for the World Tour Finals. Let's hope he can make it!

12. Neel Dhebar

Looking at his results over the last few weeks, we can say that he is no longer 'first round Lin' and that 'pre quarter Lin' should suffice for now!

13. GingerCorslette

LD has now won 2 straight matches.. that's a lot of months since that happened.
    However, he has to spend 70+ minutes on court to win. :rolleyes:

Justin L likes this.
  14. Neel Dhebar

87 minutes yesterday. 84 today. Only a couple wins away from a ticket to the World Tour Finals. Last time he even qualified for the season finale was 2011, when he won. He's 36 now. Show 'em what you've got!

Justin L likes this.
  15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Right, that's the worrying part, both three-setters. Wonder if he can he survive tomorrow against Tangnonsak.

16. Neel Dhebar

I was worried about today. Look at the records against Saensomboonsuk, very reassuring. Is it something to do with his style of play?

17. Kikuhito Senshi

Kikuhito Senshi Regular Member

project manager
    Never count Lin Dan out, he has a consistent habit of rising to the big occasion.

18. GingerCorslette

If it's any consolation, in today's match, in the first game he was playing safe a lot, clearing and rallying. In the third game, when the match has been somewhere around the hour mark, he was all out smashing often when he gets the chance, seldom clearing. Still a worrying conclusion to the match though if y'all have seen it.

19. Kikuhito Senshi

Kikuhito Senshi Regular Member

project manager
    Worrying why? He won and was in control all the way through. Yes he took his foot of the pedal for a few points, but you always got the impression he had another gear when he needed it.

20. GingerCorslette

I think he was up 20-14. Then it went all to 20-19. He won off a wild, flat smash by the opponent (barely ranked 50), so off-balance that a block was the winning shot. And in the third game too, in a match where all games were decided by two points. If he were in control, he'd rather win it in a simpler fashion than that.
    And I think that 'another gear' either does not exist anymore or we've already seen it. It's not 2010. Remember, he's still chasing Tokyo and the chances as of now are slim; he's got to be giving it his best already.