Adidas Badminton racquets 2018

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ditbayki, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

I got mine from directsportshop.co.uk (managed to snatch at a very low price....) but you could get them at racquetforce, they are a bit closer to singapore :) and after all would not mind paying 90 quid for them at all, unbelievable rackets...

2. Islubio

Islubio Regular Member

Seems like the f5 isn't listed there anymore!
    Shall check out raxquetforce then. Thanks alot!

How does the f5 feels compared to the nf800

3. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Yea probably I bought both of them :D but still there other sites in uk have them, like centralsports

Did not play with nf800 that much, but uberschalls have faster swing speed, f5 is way more powerful
    uberschalls will be miles more forgiving due to very large sweet spot.
    control wise nf800 could be better (if you hit sweet spot)

4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Is the sparse string bed not bothering you at all with the miss hits?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

5. Islubio

Islubio Regular Member

6. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

sorry but do not get how it can cause miss hit?, since it is only one less string at the bottom, but the vertical gaps are almost the same as 76 hole frame, it is almost impossible to notice the difference, but still even they would be bigger how can it cause miss hit? miss hit happens when you hit not with the sweet spot, but larger gaps actually increase sweet spot

7. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

8. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

From the current international brochure:
    PSX_20191212_140802.jpg
    I think they changed the colors world wide this year, Racquetforce just didn't change the pictures. You'd have to contact them whether they still have the old color in stock or not.

9. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

You're hitting less denser string bed for anything that's not centre. Good you didn't notice it, a few others have mentioned it and I definitely felt it too. Not saying it causes miss hits, it's more about how well it deals with shots that are not in the sweetspot and also feel. It bothered me enough to pick the A5 over F5.

10. speCulatius

I'd say it effects the string choice more than anything else. I liked the Überschalls much better with thicker strings. At the top of the frame, where most strings break due to mishits, it's not a big deal. The top most string actually sits higher than on many other rackets, protecting the main strings better.

11. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

it is impossible not to hit sweet spot on uberschalls :D

12. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    You know the kalkul have less dense stringbed offcentre right? I think it helps make the racquet feel more forgiving.

Next week my A5 finally gets paired with adidas string, P68. The A68 will have to wait.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

13. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

My F5 has 20 mains and 20 crosses (always start my crosses at 9) whilst my A5 22/22 (I think I manage to sneak an extra cross at the top). I don't think I notice it as much on the A5 because it has a slightly smaller head + extra crosses.
    To give you an idea of how sparse the F5 string bed is. If I line the top crosses of each racket, then the last cross on the A5 is about 3mm lower the last one on the F5.
    Don't get me wrong, I still think the F5 is a brilliant racket, especially at the price I got them, just that hitting off the sweets pot put me slightly off. Anyway the racket is now belongs to my missus, so it must be an easy racket to play with.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

14. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

sorry that is at about the same level as seeing head flex on youtube :) meantime first xd tournament with new partner, and f5's got me this:
    IMG_20191214_150248.jpg
    adidas is so so true then they say that it is speed demon, at the same time loads and loads of power and such an easy control
    would be nice to get third one :)

speCulatius and s_mair like this.
  15. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

oh and somewhere read that uberschalls tend to loose tension, but after playing for more than 3 days with aerosonics at 12.0kg/28lbs (cudos to the directsportshops for such a professional restringing), one racket lost only 0.3kg and other 0.2 kg, which is basically nothing, and there is no further drop. so I would guess is way more up to good stringing.

16. jaydubyuh

jaydubyuh Regular Member

Can anyone post a pic of the Aero 80 20x20 string pattern please? I have seen 76 and 78 on here. Is it similar to Babloat 20x21?

17. speCulatius

The factory string is similar to the Babolat with tie off knots at the top and that used to be the pattern in the booklet they send with the racket as you can see here and partly here (no tie offs at the bottom, just the starting knot on the other side).

However, the newer pattern they suggest is to tie off after the second to last main strings, start with four crosses at the bottom go to, across, down, continue with the crosses.

PSX_20191215_233746.jpg

I decided to go the old/factory/Babolat way the next time I string one of these. I want to ask Adidas why they changed it, because it doesn't really make sense to me. There's reasons for both... and against both.

jaydubyuh likes this.
  18. jaydubyuh

jaydubyuh Regular Member

Thanks for your input, I agree, the Babolat way makes more sense to me.

19. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

o_O The revised aero 74 pattern worries me a little. I'm not sure I would like to pull with full tension on the strings coming out of holes 14 and 13. Especially if doing +10% or +2lbs on crosses.

Do they suggest double pulling so no direct pulls on the outermost mains? I mean pull at cross 25, don't pull at main 14, pull at cross 13, don't pull at main 26, pull at cross 24.

20. speCulatius

While I don't like the pattern, I don't see a reason why that would be any worse than any other pattern when you pull the last mains before doing any crosses. The rackets didn't seem to mind either, at least nothing looked like I needed to worry about that (at 12 kp, the warranty limit). Next time, I'll go the Babolat way though.