Yonex Nanoflare 800 (End Aug 2019 release)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by esppy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Stan77

Stan77 Regular Member

Been using NF800 3uG6 for 3months. Its balance is more towards headlight instead of head heavy. It doesn't pack a punch like the Z speed unfortunately. That's disappointing. Because of the head light razor frame, you gotta use more swing speed and strength during smashes. I dont recommend this racquet if you an attacker cause it will disappoint u. I added the yonex tape on top of the frame to get some extra weight, still, it's nothing compared to Z speed. But if you are a defensive type of player, love playing flat rally, this may suit you. I would rate the smashes for this racquet 6/10. It's more like a Nanoray 900 and 800 replacement.
    I'm selling my NF800 3ug6 in good condition, 2 pcs. Strung twice on both with BG66 Brilliant at 28lbs. Because the head frame is slightly lighter, I had to use more power hence injured my elbow. So I'm switching back to Z speed.

2. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Ok, I just played 4 times last week with this racket. Tàke in mind I have always played with 3U stiff, balanced or HH rackets all with BG80 at 32 lbs: AT500, MP99, AT900T/P, Victor SW35, MX JJS, YY DZS.

After reading some reviews I was hoping mine was also a bit more towards head heavy balance, like some others. Comparing it with my other rackets is a bit difficult because of the different string. Last week I had to play doubles and singles. Single I played with my DZS and the BG80 string, which I strung maybe 2 months ago and I didn't play at all the last month, still felt a lot harder than the newly strung ABBT @ 29 lbs.
    NF800 is quite a solid and stiff racket, although not as solid as DZS, I think. It's also a bit less head heavy. Maybe more towards NR900 (I had a few hits with it in the past). The frame is super fast. Fastest I ever had. Takes quite some time to get used to the timing, especially when smashing. Like Stan77 said, you have to use more swing speed to get results. Defending and drives are super! Netting is also very good. Clears were also surprisingly good. I expected some trouble because of the balance, but it goes quite well. However, because of the lighter head (than I am used to) you can't feel where the head's going that well and aiming is sometimes troublesome. With a head heavy racket it's easier to play cross dropshots/smashes or changing direction last minute. Power for smashes is getting a bit better after a few times, but still not like with DZS or HH rackets.

For better comparison I will string it with BG80 next time. I'm just a bit scared to string it at 32 lbs. Maybe I'll go for 30 or 31. ABBT is nice though. Good repulsion and sticky mains for spinshots. Although the sounds is not as nice as BG80 @32 :)
    If it is still not producing more powerfull smashes, then I'll put on some lead tape. I did that before on my rackets. We'll see.

3. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Please do, I'm curious to see NF800 at 32lbs.

4. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Best and fastest way is to get your own NF800 and string it at 32 lbs ;)

Lemollin and llrr like this.
  5. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Yeah but look at that thin frame :eek:

6. coolguy82

coolguy82 Regular Member

I did bg65 at 24lbs for the nanoflare. Is this a wrong string for this type of racquet?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

7. Stan77

Stan77 Regular Member

There is no right or wrong, depending on your own game style. Bg65 is the thickest string among all.. even if you string 30lbs with BG65 it's still pretty soft for me in comparison with thinner gauge. In contrary, defending will be a breeze as BG65 and with your tension at 24lbs..it'll be bouncy and at 24lbs is a beginner tension I'd say. Do understand that stringing 30lbs with BG 66 Brilliant, Force, Ultimax is entirely different with BG65 30lbs. If you are beginner that should be the right tension. And BG65 will last you longer as it's thicker.

8. coolguy82

coolguy82 Regular Member

Yah I felt 65 is too soft at 24lbs, I used to use 80 power at 25lbs, thought the 65 would help me more. Have to decide what the next string would be.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

9. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Thickness of string varies with tension.
    Eg. Bg66um 0.65 thickness string 26 lbs
    Bg80 0.68 thickness string 28 lbs

Thicker the string higher tension required

10. Winston A

Winston A Regular Member

Does anyone have a lining alternative for this racket within the aeronaut and 3D calibar series

11. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

anyone notices the newer batch of nf800 become head lighter?
    yonex pulling another 99 here?

12. Marzung

Marzung New Member

Just got one. How to tell if its newer batch and how to measure it?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

13. Jamie Jones

Jamie Jones New Member

I would agree with all of that. I love my NF800 its fast, stiff and light. However my first racket cracked the frame in 2 places after one racket clash. In hindsight I should'nt have used it as I was playing with some beginners at our club night, but I thought that was perfect oppotunity to continue to get used to it.

I've bought another one and I'm still loving it. I use it when playing with my regular partner but for all other games its resigned to the bag as I'm just too scared to break a second one so soon. I can't fault it in terms of the usability and I don't think its lacking in terms of punch on the smashes. For my next racket Im considering a ARS90S so will be an interesting comparison.

Leemarc28 likes this.
  14. p2user

p2user Regular Member

Can someone tell me if the headsize of the nanoflare 800 the same as the zf2?

Thinking of buying a 800 4u as my zf2 4u is broke :( and zf2 4u is not available in uk.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

15. Marzung

Marzung New Member

The nanoflare headsize is a tiny bit bigger from my side by side comparison (didn't measure accurately with anything). From just looking at them they look the same size though.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

p2user likes this.
  16. p2user

p2user Regular Member

Thanks - was offered a nanoflare 800 4u but the cone code was 188098SP which seems wrong as you can't have a month 80 for the code from the research i've done. I'm surprised there is a fake nanoflare 800 already unless i'm reading the code wrong.

17. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

You're right, plus Yonex don't have 8SP ie. 8th production line.
    It's confirm fake.

p2user likes this.
  18. p2user

p2user Regular Member

Thanks for the confirmation.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

19. Cloudless

Cloudless New Member

Hey people so I'm an intermediate (at the lower end in the spectrum of intermediates) player used to even balance/medium stiffness rackets. I gravitate toward control in my play, however, so I am looking for a head light racket to try out. Is this a good buy for me or perhaps is the NF700 better? They are the same price when I looked, and while I understand that the 800 is "more advanced", I am wondering whether the stiffness will be alright with me. The 700 has medium flex, while the 800 is stiff.

Any answer is appreciated, thanks.

#459 Cloudless, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  20. Mete Ozcorekci

Mete Ozcorekci Regular Member

nf800 is extra stiff actually, so it might be too stiff for you. While it is of course personal, nf700 might be better fit for your level of play. Also, you said you like to control, so nf700 would be better imo. If you want to check other brands, you can check victor auraspeed 90s as well. 90s is great speedy all rounder with little head light.

Cloudless likes this.