Reaction time

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Udbhav, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Udbhav

Udbhav Regular Member

How to increase reaction time for badminton , so that I can return smashes faster. Are there specific drills that will be helpful for the same.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Practice with a wall.
    Or with partner, both stand near services line & play fast shot. Start slow & then faster & faster. When you used to it already, both of you can chose to play slow or fast to disrupt opponent rythm.
    Last is repeatitive. Brain process input from what you see, hear, & feel. Input turn into order, sending signal to body part to act acording to brain analysis. Then our body part move as what in command. All that takes time, even if it just few ms it still slower. Makes your body remember will cut the process & makes you act faster.

But above all, concentration & focus is what you need to maintain. Like when im playing in quite high heat weather. When im starting to lose focus coz of the heat, i can see the shuttle go. Command my foot to run to it, but it feel like both of my foot say "nope, we are fine here... Just go there yourself".

3. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    A drill I'm going to start trying starting next week is covering the net with a blanket - this will also help you increase with reaction in theory. Usually you're able to predict what kind of shots the opponent can make based on their stroke, position, etc.

If you can't see them - you just have to react faster and work better on covering any possible shot. In theory. I'll let you know how it goes.