Looking For A New Strong

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by KoolCannon, Jan 22, 2020.

1. KoolCannon

KoolCannon New Member

I have a Victor TKF and have been using BG66UM at 27 lbs. I play about 8 times a months and the string has broken twice in the last 4 months. Is this an average life expectancy for the BG66UM? I just order Li-Ning No.1 to test it out at the same tension. Is this a decent choice?

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Sounds like a normal lifespan for BG66UM. If you overall liked the feel of BG66UM then No.1 is a good choice to test next. They are quite close to each other in terms of repulsion and hitting feel.

3. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Hey Kool,

Glad you found this site. You can learn a ton of stuff from here, and everyone is friendly and willing to help you out, from all over the world. s_mair really knows his stuff and has helped me tremendously, so you can trust any advice he gives you. I have 2 pouches of No.1 sitting in my bag that I've been dying to try, but this BG80P just hasn't died yet

You did look broken-hearted as you walked around the gym with your racket in one hand and its' string in the other. Bad luck. But, did you know that Peng broke the string in 3 of his rackets in 5 minutes when playing against PJ and Gede that same night? Guess that and the kids are why he carries about a dozen around in his bag.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

8x a month mean 2x a week.
    Broke 2x within 4 month, so 2 month each.
    I guest its an average lifetime.
    As long as its not snapping every week for whole month, i guest there is nothing to worry.
    Just dont forget to check your racket grommet. A good stringer would check & rotate/replace the broken one, but sometimes they just to lazy to do it. So better check it yourself & ask the stringer to replace it & tell them you dont mind the additional cost or just give them some tips if they do their work good.