Singapore Badminton Scene

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Loh, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Why is LKY not playing in Thai Masters? He was the defending champion winning it last year.

Loh likes this.
  2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Just hope he is not injured.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Badminton: Olympic champion Chen Long leads strong Chinese contingent at Singapore Open
    https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/...s-strong-chinese-contingent-at-singapore-open

[​IMG]
    Olympic champion Chen Long headlines a list of 42 China shuttlers who are bound for the April 7-12 Singapore Badminton Open.PHOTO: EPA-EFE

Published
    Jan 22, 2020, 12:31 pm SGT
    Updated
    Jan 22, 2020, 7:52 pm

David Lee
    Correspondent

SINGAPORE - These days, Olympic badminton champion Chen Long cannot do without his daily dose of caffeine.

Married to former women's singles No. 1 Wang Shixian, Chen became a father for the first time last June, and "Little Coffee" is the nickname of the little bundle of joy that is his new motivation.

Chen, who turned 31 on Jan 18, headlines a list of 42 China shuttlers who are bound for the April 7-12 Singapore Badminton Open at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

He said in a statement on Wednesday (Jan 22): "I have gone through many changes in 2019, such as becoming a father. The new experience has played a huge part in making me stronger mentally and I'll look to bring that to my game.

"I'm a very happy father. If I'm not in Beijing, I will video call my son every day. This is what I enjoy and what keeps me going in my career now.

With two-time Olympic champion Lin Dan in decline, 2018 All England winner Shi Yuqi out injured, and the young Chinese shuttlers failing to step up, Chen is his country's best shot at retaining the gold medal at Tokyo 2020.

While the world No. 4 did not start last season well - he was the only Chinese player to lose a match in the Sudirman Cup in May - Chen reached four finals and won the French Open.

Chen, who won the world title in 2014 and 2015, said: "My goal for 2020 is still the same, which is to firstly qualify for the Olympics and then to successfully defend my title.

"I know it will be a huge challenge and every tournament such as the Singapore Open will give me the practice I need to get to that end goal."

Compatriot Lin has also confirmed his attendance at the Singapore Indoor Stadium, as has women's world No. 1 Chen Yufei, who captured the Malaysia Masters title earlier this month, beating second ranked Tai Tzu-ying. The Taiwanese is the Singapore Open defending champion.

Yufei, 21, said: "In the past, I have always hoped for a good draw. But now, I have learnt to be confident and fearless about any opponent that I'm going to face."

The Singapore Open is likely to attract a strong field with many of the world's top shuttlers using it as part of their build up preparation for the Olympics competition, which will be held from July 25-Aug 3 at the Musashino Forest Sports Plaza in Tokyo.

It remains to be seen whether world No. 1 Kento Momota, who is heavily tipped to win Olympic gold, will compete at the Singapore Open where he is the defending champion.

The 25-year-old Japanese was involved in a car accident after winning the Malaysia Masters and is reportedly recovering from a broken nose.

Singapore Open early bird tickets are available until Feb 16 through www.apactix.com/events/detail/singapore-badminton-open-2020

Baddie lover likes this.
  4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    https://www.tnp.sg/sports/others/chinas-badminton-stars-heading-here-singapore-badminton-open
    China's badminton stars heading here for Singapore Badminton Open
    [​IMG]
    Chen Long (above left), Lin Dan (top right) and women's world No. 1 Chen Yufei are among the top Chinese shuttlers who are heading here for the Singapore Open. PHOTOS: AFP
    Chen Long, Chen Yufei and Lin Dan among those who have signed up for S'pore Badminton Open in April

Jan 23, 2020 06:00 am

China's top shuttlers such as reigning Olympic champion Chen Long, five-time world champion Lin Dan and women's world No. 1 Chen Yufei have confirmed their participation of the Singapore Badminton Open from April 7-12.

The organisers announced yesterday that the trio are on a 42-player list that China have submitted for the Super 500 event at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

Chen Long, currently ranked world No. 4, is hoping that the tournament will help him prepare for the Tokyo Olympics, which take place from July 24-Aug 8.

This is the second straight year that the 31-year-old will be competing at the Singapore Badminton Open. Last year, he reached the quarter-finals, where he lost to Indonesia's Anthony Ginting.

Chen Long did not have the best of seasons in 2019. Despite reaching four finals, the two-time world champion clinched only one title - the French Open.

However, he is seeking to redeem himself this year, highlighting that every tournament will be crucial in getting him ready for his title defence at the Olympics.

"I've gone through many changes in 2019, such as becoming a father," Chen, who married fellow shuttler Wang Shixian three years ago, said in a media statement.

"This new experience has played a huge part in making me stronger mentally and I'll look to bring that to my game.

"My goal for 2020 is still the same, which is to firstly qualify for the Olympics and then to successfully defend my title.

"I know it will be a huge challenge and every tournament such as the Singapore Badminton Open 2020 will give me the practice I need to get to that end goal."

Like Chen Long, this will also be the second straight year that Lin Dan will be here for the Badminton World Federation (BWF) fourth-tier event, which carries a total prize purse of US$408,000 (S$550,000).

But badminton fans here will be hoping to see more of the 36-year-old, who retired from his match against Viktor Axelsen after just 14 minutes last year, following disagreements with the umpire's calls.

The former world No. 1 later cited a thigh injury for ending his match prematurely .

Last year's men's singles title was won by Japan's Kento Momota, but it is not known yet if he will be back to defend his crown.

The 25-year-old could be out for two months, after being injured in a car crash following his Malaysia Masters triumph last week.

He is aiming to return at the All England Championships in March.

WORLD NO. 1
    But China's Chen Yufei, the women's world No. 1, will be here.

The 21-year-old had a breakout 2019, during which she topped the world ranking for the first time and justified it by defeating Taiwan's former world No.1 Tai Tzu-ying to win the HSBC BWF World Tour title last month.

Yufei has since followed it up with her first title of the year, winning the Malaysia Masters by beating Tai again last week.

Also heading here are China's top-ranked women's doubles pair of Chen Qingchen and Jia Yifan, the men's doubles pair of Li Junhui and Liu Yuchen (world No. 3) and mixed doubles duo of Wang Yilyu and Huang Dongping (No. 2).

FYI
    What: Singapore Badminton Open

When: April 7-12

Where: Singapore Indoor Stadium

Early-bird tickets are available through APACtix. For details, visit www.singaporebadminton.org.sg

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
  6. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

more competitive matches there for LKY to prep for Tokyo?

Loh likes this.
  7. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Loh likes this.
  8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Premier Badminton League 2020:
    Chirag Shetty, Adcocks take Pune to second consecutive win

https://www.mykhel.com/badminton/pr...ke-pune-to-second-consecutive-win-136842.html

By Avinash Sharma
    Published: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 0:05 [IST]

Premier Badminton League 2020: Chirag Shetty, Adcocks take Pune to second consecutive win
    January 27:

Thailand Open men's doubles champion Chirag Shetty played a pivotal role alongside world champion Hendra Setiawan as Chris and Gabrielle Adcock took Pune 7 Aces to their second consecutive win at Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium here in Lucknow today. With a gritty 4-3 victory over Bengaluru Raptors, the Aces thus finish the Lucknow leg with a flawless 2-0 record after beating Mumbai Rockets 5-2 earlier.

Setiawan and Shetty's chemistry once more sizzled as they stormed back from 12-14 in the first game with a flurry of smashes to break down the stubborn defence of Bengaluru's Arun George and Rian Agung Saputro 15-14, 15-3. Winning the Trump tied the two teams at 3-3 before Chris and Gabrielle Adcock finished it off for Pune with a 10-15, 15-11, 15-12 win against Chan Peng Soon and Eom Hye Won.

Earlier, World Championships bronze medallist Sai Praneeth notched up his first win of the season while World No. 2 Tai Tzu Ying continued her winning streak as the Bengaluru Raptors met the Pune 7 Aces at the Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium here in Lucknow today.

(LKY lost to Sai Praneeth)

Having never played Yew on the BWF World Tour, the World No. 11 Sai took some time to figure out the Singaporean. Yew was coming after the high of beating 2014 Commonwealth Games champion Parupalli Kashyap in Pune's first tie of the season. Carrying that momentum into this match, he stormed back from a 2-4 deficit to move ahead to 10-8. His pace and power really troubled the former Singapore Open champion who conceded the opening game 10-15. Change of ends, however, worked well for the Bengaluru ace. By injecting pace into his shots, he was able to turn around the match. Quick footwork and brilliant anticipation skills took the Indian to a huge 11-4 lead. It was then a matter of time before he wrapped up the second game 15-7. Sai never relented and was able to maintain his aggression. The flurry of attacking shots from Sai's end took the wind out of Loh's sails as the Raptors star raced away to a 10-15, 15-7, 15-8 win.

The early stages of the women's singles clash between former World No. 1 Tai Tzu Ying and Pune's Rituparna Das turned out to be lopsided as the former Indian national champion really struggled to keep up with the Chinese Taipei ace. Tai was fully in control of every aspect of the game before pocketing the opener 15-3. The scene completely changed in the second game as Das relied on some exquisite placement of the shuttle to put Tai in a spot of bother. Infusing her strokes with a lot of power, Das built a strong lead of 9-5 but her advantage soon got erased once Tai found her rhythm. The Raptors Trump first levelled matters at 9-9 before finishing it off 15-3, 15-9 for her third win of the season. Earlier, 22-year-old promising talent, Ansal Yadav gave a good account of himself on his PBL debut against World No. 71 Kazumasa Sakai of the Aces. Showing oodles of determination, the Bengaluru player went down fighting to Sakai 14-15, 9-15. Source: Media Release

Read more at: https://www.mykhel.com/badminton/pr...ke-pune-to-second-consecutive-win-136842.html

lodoss likes this.
  9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    PBL Results 2020
    Premier Badminton League 2020 Results
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/badminton/premier-badminton-league-results

Date Match Results
    20-Jan-2020 Chennai Superstarz vs Hyderabad Hunters 5-2
    21-Jan-2020 North Eastern Warriors vs Bengaluru Raptors 4-3
    22-Jan-2020 Chennai Superstarz vs Mumbai Rockets 4-3
    23-Jan-2020 North Eastern Warriors vs Awadhe Warriors 3-4
    24-Jan-2020 Chennai Superstarz vs Bengaluru Raptors 4-3
    25-Jan-2020 Pune 7 Aces vs Mumbai Rockets 5-2
    26-Jan-2020 Awadhe Warriors vs Hyderabad Hunters 3-4
    27-Jan-2020 Pune 7 Aces vs Bengaluru Raptors 4-3

(LKY's Team: Pune 7 Aces)

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    PBL Points Table 2020
    Premier Badminton League Points Table for 2020
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/badminton/premier-badminton-league-points-tabl

Position
    Team
    P W L TMW TML Points
    1 Chennai Superstarz 15 7 5 3 0 13
    2 Pune 7 Aces 10 5 3 2 0 9
    3 Bengaluru Raptors 15 3 9 3 0 9
    4 North Eastern Warriors 10 3 5 2 0 7
    5 Awadhe Warriors 10 4 4 1 1 5
    6 Mumbai Rockets 10 1 7 2 0 5
    7 Hyderabad Hunters 10 3 5 1 1 4

Last Updated on 27th Jan, 11:01 PM

*P - Matches Played, W - Won, L - Lost, TMW - Trump matches won, TML - Trump matches lost

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    BWF World Rankings (1/28/2020)

Here are the world rankings of some of our top players. Unfortunately none of them has achieved a ranking of 16 and below.

Men's Singles

Rank Player Member ID Points Tournaments

37 LOH Kean Yew 76115 35584 16
    209 Jia Wei Joel KOH 75575 8062 11
    371 Jia Heng Jason TEH 82606 2800 1
    407 Muhammad Elaf Wei TAN 86795 2400 5
    544 Muhamad IMRAN KHAN 84517 1490 3

Women's Singles

25 YEO Jia Min 83822 42248 21 98 Yue Yann Jaslyn HOOI 94594 17713 12
    117 CHUA Hui Zhen Grace 81033 14710 11
    302 Jia Rong SITO 63404 3630 5
    358 INSYIRAH Khan 57465 2720 3

Men's Doubles
    Danny Bawa CHRISNANTA
    LOH Kean Hean 66920 85184 17900 9

Wen Xing Abel TAN
    Han Zhuo TOH 74031 67749 9120 7

HEE Yong Kai Terry
    LOH Kean Hean 99181 85184 7350 4

Danny Bawa CHRISNANTA
    HEE Yong Kai Terry 66920 99181 2220 1

Women's Doubles
    Yujia JIN
    Ming Hui LIM 73013 67745 12470 6

Shinta Mulia SARI
    WONG Jia Ying Crystal 52702 59275 5840 3

Yue Yann Jaslyn HOOI
    WONG Jia Ying Crystal 94594 59275 5763 2

Yun LIANG
    Putri Sari Dewi CITRA 60447 90662 5430 4

Ker'Sara KOH
    Zhi Rui Bernice LIM 73653 63596 2770 2

Mixed Doubles
    Danny Bawa CHRISNANTA
    TAN Wei Han 66920 59237 28036 17

Bimo Adi PRAKOSO
    Yujia JIN 83467 73013 5060 4

HEE Yong Kai Terry
    WONG Jia Ying Crystal 99181 59275 3140 2

Han Zhuo TOH
    WONG Jia Ying Crystal 67749 59275 2990 3

Jun Liang Andy KWEK
    Putri Sari Dewi CITRA 81293 90662 2770 2

Judging from the above information, what could be the reasons for the mediocre performance of our players, except for YJM and LKY, who themselves must further improve to make an impact?

Is it because of the following:

1. General lack of motivation/interest for players,
    2. Small player base,
    3. Lack of talented juniors,
    4. Lack of international competitions/exposure,
    5. Inadequate training facilities and support,
    6. Coaches and trainers lack calibre and motivation,
    7. Lack of good leadership at the national level,
    8. What else???

12. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

First is 2, then lead to 3 > 4/7 > 1/6 (lack motivation)
    5, the hardware, is probably the only thing SG is good at.
    LCW played a lot of tournaments in the past due to lack of good sparring partners, 以赛代练.
    not sure how many tournaments our players played in the past, but i don't think the number is high, which could be due to lack of funds.
    the only sports that seems to receive much funding is football.

Loh likes this.
  13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    BL: Pune 7 Aces Beat League Toppers Chennai Superstarz 5-2 To End Their Winning Streak
    https://sports.ndtv.com/badminton/p...starz-5-2-to-end-their-winning-streak-2172307

Updated: 30 January 2020 21:00 IST

The win also enabled Pune 7 Aces to climb up to the second spot behind Chennai Superstarz who are on top with 15 points.

[​IMG]

Pune 7 Aces ended the winning streak of Chennai Superstarz with a 5-2 scoreline.© PBL

Chirag Shetty and Hendra Setiawan beat Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Sumeeth Reddy as Pune 7 Aces ended the winning streak of Chennai Superstarz with a 5-2 scoreline in the first double header of the Premier Badminton League at the GMC Balayogi Sats Indoor Stadium in Hyderabad on Thursday. This was the third consecutive win for the high-flying Aces who won four matches in the tie to start the final leg of the league with a bang.

The win also enabled Pune to climb up to the second spot behind Chennai Superstarz in the league standings as they accumulated 14 points.

The biggest highlight of the day was the showdown between Rankireddy and Shetty, who partnered each other to a historic Thailand Open title win last year.

What gave the match an extra edge was the fact that it was the fourth rubber of the tie and happened when the two teams were locked at 2-2. Chirag and Setiawan were both on top of the opposition from the first game and won the match 15-12, 15-14.

Rankireddy looked a little off-colour in the face-off and wasn't at his best. A few bounces and unforced errors from the Chennai star emboldened the Pune duo to go for their shots.

Shetty showed exceptional alertness at the net. Chirag, who had previously admitted that his partnership with Setiawan was helping sharpen his net play, remained a wall to take the opener 15-12 for his team.

The second game witnessed a little bit more of firepower from Rankireddy as the score remained level till 6-6. Pune went ahead to 10-7 before Chennai levelled things again. Satwik's trademark smashes finally made their appearance as he kept it level till 13-13. Under pressure, Sumeeth Reddy took the initiative to save a match point at 13-14 before Hendra's mastery finished the game.

"It was a completely different experience for me. We have played against each other many times in practice but this was the first time we faced each other in a competitive match," said Shetty on seeing his regular partner on the opposite side of the net.

In the other matches of the day, Commonwealth Games gold medallists Chris and Gabrielle Adcock continued to remain unbeaten with yet another commendable performance. The Pune pair beat Chennai's Rankireddy and Jessica Pugh 15-10, 15-12.

2019 Thailand Masters champion Loh Kean Yew of Pune inflicted on Lakshya Sen his first PBL defeat of the season with a gritty 15-13, 10-15, 15-8 win that tested the nerves and tenacity of both the players. Pune also won the other men's singles match of the day with Kazumasa Sakai notching up a 15-10, 15-12 win over Korea Junior Open semi-finalist Sathish Kumar Karunakaran, who impressed on his PBL debut.

The only match that did not go Pune's way was the women's singles. Chennai's Trump Kirsty Gilmour proved a tough hurdle for Pune's former national champion Rituparna Das as the World No. 30 Scot refused to take her foot off the pedal to win 15-12, 15-6.

pradeep chand, samkool and lodoss like this.
  14. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well done to the Pune 7 Aces!

And a superb win by the unheralded World No.100 Rituparna Das over World No. 14 Beiwen Zhang, playing the Trump match

"With Loh Kean Yew winning the Trump match for Pune against Subhaknar Dey, the contest was over with Pune 7 Aces taking an unbeatable 4-0 lead even before the last match was on."

That is despite the Aces losing 2 matches! Most rewarding use of the Trumps!

The results: Pune 7 Aces bt Awadhe Warriors 4-1 (Chirag Shetty & Hendra Setiawan lost to Ko Sung Hyun & Shin Baek Cheol 15-6, 9-15, 12-15; Rituparna Das bt Beiwen Zhang (T) 15-13, 15-12; Chris Adcock & Gabrielle Adcock bt Ivan Sozonov & Christina Pedersen 15-6, 15-9; Loh Kean Yew (T) bt Subhankar Dey 15-12, 15-14; Kazumasa Sakai lost to Ajay Jayaram 15-6, 10-15, 13-15).

#1555 Loh, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  16. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Given up on chasing the place?

18. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

nope. i think he must be pretty sure he will get a ticket to Tokyo. He is 19th in the race to Tokyo. with only 3 months and less tournaments (due to the coronavirus, i think several tournaments might be cancel or postpone) left before end of April, he should be in no danger.

https://bwfbadminton.com/rankings/1...on/77/men-s-singles/2020/6/?rows=50&page_no=1

Loh likes this.
  19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    PBL 2020: Pune 7 Aces hand Hyderabad Hunters yet another loss
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/badminton/pbl-2020-pune-7-aces-hand-hyderabad-hunters-yet-another-loss

Sohinee Basu
    SENIOR ANALYST
    News
    Modified 06 Feb 2020, 17:00 IST

[​IMG]
    P V Sindhu defeated Rituparna Das
    The Pune 7 Aces, who have already made it to the semi-finals of the ongoing Premier Badminton League Season 5, was not perfect tonight but did just enough to cause damage to the Hyderabad Hunters. The PV Sindhu-led brigade has had a dismal outing this season but the Aces have managed to shine every time as they edged past the Hyderabad Hunters to win the tie, 2-1.

The G.M.C. Balayogi SATS Indoor Stadium in Hyderabad was witness to the spectacle of their home team led by PV Sindhu taking on the Pune 7 Aces. Placed at the penultimate position on the rankings table, the Hyderabad Hunters failed to notch up a victory against the Aces.

In the first rubber of the day, the Men's Doubles clash saw the successful pair of Chirag Shetty and Hendra Setiawan taking on Sean Vendy and Ben Lane of the Hyderabad Hunters. The duo of Shetty and Setiawan has been consistent in this season of the PBL and launched off to score yet another victory in straight games, 15-12, 15-9.

The next clash of the day was the Trump Match for the Hyderabad Hunters where Priyanshu Rajawat stepped out against Pune's Mithun Manjunath. In an all-Indian clash, Rajawat's Trump was broken by Manjunath as the duo engaged in an exciting three-game affair. The Aces won the match, 15-11, 11-15, 15-13.

Also check out: the updated PBL Points Table

Sindhu saving grace
    Finally, it was the reigning World Champion and team captain, PV Sindhu who had to step out on to court to make things somewhat less dreary for the Hunters. Sindhu clashed with Rituparna Das who attempted to extend the Aces score on the board. However, that plan was put on hold with the lanky Hyderabadi girl taking charge of situations. The 2016 Rio Olympics silver medalist, Sindhu was too good for Das as she lost, 7-15, 8-15.

The Trump Match for the Aces saw the husband-wife pair of Chris and Gabby Adcock taking on Vladimir Ivanov and N. Sikki Reddy. The Adcocks have also been extremely consistent this season but on this occasion, Ivanov and Sikki Reddy broke the Trump of the Pune 7 Aces and won the match in three games. The Indo-Russian pair won the match, 15-9, 11-15, 15-8.

It all came down to a nail-biting Men's Singles clash to decide the winner for the day. The Hunters sent Sourabh Verma from their side against Loh Kean Yew of the Pune 7 Aces. The 22-year-old Singaporean proved to be too good for the 2019 Syed Modi international finalist as in a matter of straight games, Kean Yew wrapped up the match and won the overall tie, 15-14, 15-10. With that, the Hyderabad Hunters suffered another loss at their home ground while the Pune 7 Aces remained in cruise control.

lodoss likes this.
  20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    PBL 2020: Bengaluru Raptors storm into the finals after defeating Pune 7 Aces
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/badmint...-after-defeating-pune-7-aces?article-trending

Sohinee Basu
    SENIOR ANALYST

[​IMG]
    Tai Tzu Ying

Things got down to be extremely exciting during the semi-finals of the Premier Badminton League 2020. With the North Eastern Warriors already having booked their spot in the finals, it came down to the Bengaluru Raptors and the Pune 7 Aces to fight it out for the other finalist spot. And by all means, it was an intense fight they did out on the courts of the G.M.C Balayogi SATS Indoor Stadium, where it took a deciding match to determine the winner of the tie. Defending champions, Bengaluru Raptors cruised into their second consecutive final at the PBL, as they edged past the Pune 7 Aces in 4-3.

The Tai Tzu Ying-powered force of the Raptors had gotten off to a poor start in the PBL Season 5 but they ensured they made up for it soon and played fearlessly. The Pune 7 Aces, on the other hand, had been consistently playing well. The first rubber of the day was a Trump match for the Pune 7 Aces where the experienced men's doubles duo of Hendra Setiawan and Chirag Shetty stepped on the court to protect their Trump against Arun George and Rian Agung Saputro. Setiawan and Shetty were superb, as usual, and notched a straight-games victory, 12-15, 10-15 to give the Aces a head start.

The second match saw Frenchman Brice Leverdez of the Raptors clashing with Mithun Manjunath from the Aces. The student of the Prakash Padukone Academy, Manjunath gave World No. 39, Leverdez a bit of a difficult time before the Frenchman took hold of the reins and won, 15-14, 9-15, 15-6.

Bengaluru Raptors team captain, B. Sai Praneeth however failed to be victorious on his part as he was outplayed by a brilliant Kazumasa Sakai. The bronze medalist at the World Championships, Sai Praneeth was handed a shock defeat by the lower-ranked Sakai, who won in straight-games, 11-15, 13-15.

Once again, it required a stellar performance from World No. 2 Taiwanese player, Tai Tzu Ying to level things up with a victory in the Trump Match for the Raptors. Taking on Rituparna Das, Ying was effortlessly brilliant. The costliest player in this edition of the PBL, Ying lived up to her worth as she tamed a stiff fight from Das and won the Trump for the Raptors, 15-12, 15-12.

With the scoreboard reading 3-3, it all came down to the mixed doubles match to decide the finalist. It was Chan Peng Soon and Eom Hye Won who took responsibility on their shoulders against husband-wife duo of Chris and Gabrielle Adcock of the Pune 7 Aces. A brave performance by Peng Soon and Hye Won was enough to grant victory over the Adcocks, as they won, 15-13, 15-10. With that, the Bengaluru Raptors edged past the Aces by a narrow margin and made it to their second final on the trot at the PBL, they will now meet the North Eastern Warriors for a blockbuster final.

(Unfortunately LKY did not play for Aces. And a surprise loss by the Adcocks)