Kenta Nishimoto ( 西本拳太 )

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by blabl, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

Am sure Nishimoto will beat them both. One is a headless chicken while the other is way past his prime. It seems the magical powers of Li Mao guarantees results.

2. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Nishimoto must feel something when look at the way Momota played after World Championship 2019.

This is the first time I see he wrote something like this and the first time with "aggressive picture"

"世界選手権たくさんのご声援ありがとうございました。
    今大会は、自分の中で少しキッカケを掴むことの出来た大会だったのではないかと思います!!
    少しリフレッシュして次の大会に向けてまた頑張ります
    今後とも応援宜しくお願い致します。"

"Thank you for your support of the World Championship.
    I think this tournament was a tournament where I was able to get a little bit of a sense of myself! !
    I will refresh myself and do my best for the next tournament.
    Thank you for your continued support."

This is Nishimoto that I want to see.
    nishimoto world championship.png

Baddie lover likes this.
  3. terrynguyen121988

Nishimoto was NOT using 100% of power from his smashes in Indonesia Master 2020, this can be a improve in term of his mindset. Go and fight.

#63 terrynguyen121988, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  4. terrynguyen121988

It seems to be all Momota's fans and a lot of Indonesian fans come to support for Nishimoto after the accident in Malaysia

5. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Men's singles coach, Nakanishi Yosuke, has returned to Japan with Momota; accordingly, Nishimoto will not be able to receive any coaching from him.

Support from the crowd, as well Nishimoto's determination to hold the fort in Momota's absence, may well work to his advantage, though. I hope he can chalk up a long overdue victory against Antonsen today.

6. terrynguyen121988

Nishimoto was lost, and as usual I cannot see this match because it's on court 3.

7. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Nishimoto lost last time he faced Zhao, hopefully the result will be different this time. Zhao did look quite stable in his previous match though, even if his opponent was imploding some, so perhaps most players would look stable by comparison.

8. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

Zhao has somehow exploded in recent times while Nishimoto remains stagnant. Really wonder what's up with him after an early promise.

9. terrynguyen121988

??? what's promise

10. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

Promise , besides meaning a declaration or assurance that one will do something or that a particular thing will happen, it also mean the quality of potential excellence.There was a period when Momota was trying to comeback and find Nishimoto a stumbling block who has done well in National Championships.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  11. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

12. terrynguyen121988

me too, I see the match between Nishimoto vs Kunlavut though Badmintalk channel, not from BWF

13. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

Nishimoto has a great chance of breaking the duck with a long awaited title as he meets Ng Ka Long in tmr's final with a overwhelmingly optimistic head to head of 5 to 1.

14. terrynguyen121988

Last time, Ng Ka Long didn't have Du Pengyu as coach. I'm a little worry now.

15. terrynguyen121988

Nishimoto should watch the match between Ng Ka Long vs Chou Tien Chen last year, in Thailand Open 2019.

Especially from 20-17 in the deciding game. The way Chou Tien Chen took points from Long from that time.

16. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

Nishimoto takes the shuttle at a very very predictable timing all the time. His coach might want to guide him how to vary a bit. Take shuttle early ... take shuttle late .. take shuttle early ... take shuttle late ... early , early early ... late late ... early ... medium. But i can also understand. People who fear they cannot think fast usually prefer to stick to set patterns. No need to think too much. Also, they prefer to kill early ... and not drag on too much and be forced to do more thinking . But there is also a way for slow thinkers to go around their weaknesses by being patient a bit and work harder physically. Most important is to know themselves. Momota is great because Momota is humble and analyses himself very well. He can make his weak points into strong points. Momota is also a very hard working and disciplined player. Even if Momota has to stick to set patterns at times for whatever reasons (maybe to buy time ... ) , he will execute his shots with such quality that even though it is predictable, the opponent can't do much.

Other than that, I will say Nishimoto has a lot , more than many average players but he does not mentally know how to turn what he has into winners.

#76 Pcyl, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  17. terrynguyen121988

My advice is that Nishimoto should find a coach as a new wind! Like Chou Tien Chen/Ka Long or at least do the way Okuhara does.

The first picture is that Nishimoto was too scare and forget his footstep. He just use 1 step and of course, it CANNOT help, lost point right after that.
    Nishimoto 1 step.jpg
    The second picture is that Nishimoto always uses "SQUAT posture" to defend when opponent jumps to attack! It's a deadly weakness!

If it's not a smash but a drop shot ("fake smash"), Nishimoto often cannot reach the shuttle and lose the point.

Ask your coach or watch the video from top players like Lee Chong Wei or Son Wan Ho.

It's better if you can ask Lee Chong Wei about how to defend!.

Nishimoto 1 squat.jpg

#77 terrynguyen121988, Jan 26, 2020
    LenaicM and Pcyl like this.
  18. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Interesting analysis!

IMO, that's the point of drop shots at this level (even lower) If it's not disguised it's worthless, unless it is to move the opponent then it's a tactical stroke. It's not that KN cannot position himself or properly defend because of the squatting thing you mentioned I believe.

The problem has to be seized above the chain of event that is catching the disguised dropshot from Ng Ka Lang.

KN gave too many attacking opportunities to Ng Ka Lang starting from G2 and let's face it he is no pushover. NKL has a very solid all around style of play and as much as his attacks aren't as sharp as KN during the first set, he is more consistent and badminton is played in 2 winning sets, not one. KN is an attacking player but may be that doesn't always work in nowadays' badminton, especially against consistent players with solid defence such as NKL.

I think KN could have won but he should have injected the same peace in G2 than he did in G1. It's a bit like A. Ginting, if he wants to win against an all around/defensive players it has to be settled in 2 sets. Whether KN manages to play that "all in" game for 2 sets or he needs to become more consistent and adaptive in his style of play. Well that's only my opinion. :) Good play from him though, I enjoyed his matches very much during the tournament.

19. terrynguyen121988

I don't think the first game took too much energy from Nishimoto and he can play out all in the second game like the first game. Or just throw the second game away by letting him smash to weaken Long's energy. Lifting the shuttle to Long and provoking him to smash, then defending and repeating until losing the second game. Then, playing all out in the third game when the points come to 5.

Nishimoto didn't have power smash like Ginting. When he lost the second game, my feeling was so bad. The final match today turned back to the final match in 2018 when Nishimoto vs Son Wan Ho, the same scenario happened.

There is too many thing to do if Nishimoto wants to join to top 8 players.

About the Squat posture, if it works, it's worthy, but it's not.

Something have to change because top ten player didn't defend like this.

I believe that he lost because of his tactic, not because of his stamina.

Sometimes, he strikes back too fast (retrieve the shuttle ???), especially in deciding game, in deciding situations. Don't do this because top 10 players was fast as well.

#79 terrynguyen121988, Jan 26, 2020
    LenaicM likes this.
  20. terrynguyen121988

When Yamaguchi/Okuhara lost at the final match, I will feel bad but just a day. Because I know they will win in another final match.

But Nishimoto, it will be so long. Disappointed, so disappointed.