Li Ning No. 1 String - Anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Charlie-SWUK, Aug 20, 2015.

1. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I have a "Z Speed racket", I strung it with Li Ning No 1. I can use my backhand like my forehand to clear the shuttle. The opponents cannot exploit my backhand anymore. ^-^

I like the smash as well, this string (LN No1) helped me become top 1 in MD in my town ^-^.

I don't compared Li Ning No1 to Yonex 66 ultimax or BG 80 because I've never used Yonex 66 ultimax/BG80.

Just because Li-Ning No1 was cheaper. ^-^

2. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    I'm currently using LN7 at 20 lbs how much tension should I increase without getting any shoulder pain I'm an intermediate plus

3. terrynguyen121988

It depends on your racket (flexible, medium flex or stiff)

I choose 23lbs for both, the same string. I have 2 rackets, "Nanoray Z Speed" (stiff) and "nanoflare 700 blue" (medium flex).

I feel a little pain when playing "Z Speed", because I smash so hard, but just a little pain. After 1 night, the pain is gone.

I feel no pain with "Nanoflare 700"

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    When I read India the topic plastic shuttles come to my mind. Without knowing your level of play, we can't tell. Without knowing your age, we can't tell. Can happen at 21lbs or later. I really doubt that you are intermediate plus (close to advanced player) if you need to ask this question.

5. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

You're really exaggerating.
    You didn't use or compare with other string and say ln01 makes you the top no1 MD in your town.
    It is your skill that makes you the no 1 MD and backhand like your forehead.
    Btw I'm starting to doubt the level of play you're in your hometown being the no 1 MD playing at 23 lbs.

ucantseeme likes this.
  6. terrynguyen121988

In my hometown, people usually choose Yonex BG 65 (the cheapest string in the store), including of me. Some richer can choose BG 80 Power or 66 Ultimax but they are "chickens", they don't know the difference among strings, just buy because people say "it's good".

I can play with 28 lbs or more, but I cannot suffer the pain after sessions, so that I choose to decrease the tension.

With 23 lbs, BG 65 string cannot help me use backhand clear shot, the shuttle cannot go to the far baseline although I have a good backhand skill. But I can do it with Lining No1 at 23 lbs.

I've never used Yonex 66 ultimax or BG 80 Power, so I don't compare to Lining No1.

DO NOT THINK that "23 lbs player" is a "chicken player", I watched Watanabe and learned all his skills, I practiced it everyday.

There is no need to smash hard all the time on court, just mix smash and drop shot like Watanabe, you can take the point easily.

#1246 terrynguyen121988, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  7. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

That's why I say its your skill that's makes you the number one MD in your town and not li ning no 1 string.
    You are Better off with a thinner string like ln01. You cannot play thicker string like bg65 at 23 lbs.
    Nobody will accept your logic that ln01 makes you the no 1 MD in your hometown

8. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    *double post

#1248 Primay, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  9. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    I asked this question because I don't care about tension alot and I'm 13 my racket is a nanoflare 380 sharp with stiff shaft

10. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    I'm singles mostly but a bit of doubles too

11. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Saru, kaffars, DinB and 2 others like this.
  12. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    If you are afraid of shoulder pain, you should stick to your tension. At your age, I recommend to stick to this tension. If you play plastics I recommend to stick to this tension. As a stringer no child get something more than 22lbs from me. The parents need to sign a paper to allow it. Tension is beside grip the most important and most underestimated variable. But you are young, I would stay away from anything higher. Your body is growing. At the age of 16 we can talk about something higher.

LenaicM likes this.
  13. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I was at my local sport retail shop yesterday which has a small badmiton section and a stringer (tennis one but he does badminton rackets too) and a mum with two kids from one of my club were buying a stiff racket and asking to get it strung at 12kgs (27lbs). They are not even 10 and very small. They are quite good but doesn't mean they should get a stiff racket strung at 27lbs... I wanted to step in and suggest reducing the tension and going for a medium flex racket and say they should just learn how to control their clears but the mum is the kind to be a bit too supportive and the way she talked to the stringer ("they are so good, have great technique and they send the shuttle outside the court easily so they need a very high tension" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:) had me back off. Good to see some stringers like you care about kids...

14. Budi

Budi Regular Member

i can only imagine the mom is an ex player or maybe still active so she could suggest those thing coz she know what to do.
    If not, i guest poor the kids.... Why not just give the kids Excalibur & Masamune each & then send them both to slay a 1 thousand year Dragon coz they are good at swinging a sword.
    Well... Hopefully the kids enjoy badminton & not do it just coz the mom tell them so.

LenaicM likes this.
  15. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Hopefully the stringer use a crank, flying clamps and clamp the strings in the middle to made a 20 out of it. We have very talented young players at our club. They play and train since the age of 5. I train one by feeding during the drills. Now he is 13, but even now he just use 22lbs on a midflex Yonex racket. His parents also play badminton and play very well. Very important to keep children and teenages from injuries. They have so much energy, so they can train very intense and improve very quick, so you should never put obstacles which cause injuries in their way.

LenaicM likes this.
  16. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

But Momota plays an extra stiff Astrox99...

I usually start by explaining that high string tensions are good for more control and lower ones for more power. I also show on the racquet how the sweet spot decreases with every 0.5kg increase. 80% convinced and immediately and 20% know what they are doing.

Discussions with parents are usually also easy, if you explain this together with the risks of injury. The idea with a sheet of paper including an explanation and a signature in case of injuries is a top idea! :)

LenaicM likes this.
  17. Budi

Budi Regular Member

i guest its not as simple as that. On court where the adult see our skillfull play, they might listen to us when we give advice. But some random person meet at the shop & give a suggestion... It would feel akward & high chance you would get an expresion of "who are you, i bet my kids could beat you straight".

Had those uneasy feeling to on the store when im waiting for my racket on the stringing machine. Some young one around 20 or so looking for string for his racket. He is looking for high repulsion string, so does the shopkeeper give out BG66UM & LN1. He turn it back saying that its to thin & afraid that it will snap. So he see all the string available there from LN to YY to V, reading all the words in the case upside down. So just to become friendly i suggest him, LN5, VBS68, or BG80 is abit more thicker. He just silence & see me like.... A very akward feeling. Maybe i just shut my self up & leave him in the confusion.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  18. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    Thanks for the reply

ucantseeme likes this.
  19. Khady

Khady Regular Member

How do you showcase this?

20. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    A paper to sign shows that I don't treat it as a joke, if parents want to ignore my warning and treat it as a joke, they can sign, but such a piece of paper to agree that I'm out for any blame because of injuries and that I explained the parent the risks is for most an obstacle and border which they don't cross so easy.

Sumanth99 and LenaicM like this.