Fake clothing Yonex ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Vinka, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Vinka

Vinka New Member

Hello everyone,

I bought a t-shirt and a short from netherlands website shop specialized in badminton.
    When i received my order, its written "sample" on the short and t-shirt.
    Here some pictures:

Do you think, they are fakes ones ?

2. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

When they are labeled with ”Sample” it may be because it comes from an early edition that is released to the stores as marketing before the clothes are put into serial production. Doesn't have to mean fakes, I have many clothes from Adidas that are labeled with ”sample” that I also bought in one of Adidas own stores.

Sample is often labeled on the slightly more unusual models that are not made in large quantities ... I think sample labeled clothing is a bit cool to have.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    It also mean they were not supposed to be sold. But hey...

4. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Samples are tests used for many different things, maybe sizing, print quality, print location, colour matching, stitching strength, fabric suitability etc. They will be used for internal review then will be trashed or released to market. They are a beta test or more specifically, part of many beta tests. Getting a finished product to market requires many test and revision cycles with different departments getting involved at various stages.

Presumably the fabric feels good, the stitching looks good, the print looks good, the logo is applied in the right place with a quality print/transfer? If all looks good, feels good and passes your own criteria then it should be safe to assume the kit is real.

A quick google finds this which explains the stages quite well. https://makersrow.com/blog/2015/12/7-stages-of-apparel-samples/#

ucantseeme and Super85 like this.
  5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I bet it was KW Flex? A friend of mine had also the case with a Victor racket which came without any engravements (weight, string tension, grips size, serial). Also no hologram sticker, nothing on the plastic of the grip, like a fake. KW Flex is legit, but IMO very poor customer service to sell and deliver products without any information and let the customer guess if it is real or fake.