My way how to cure elbow pain - tennis / golfers elbow

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by elbe_, Mar 17, 2019.

1. elbe_

elbe_ Regular Member

I have tennis and golfer elbow for a long time and i try almost everything to get rid of it. (bands, ibuprofen, ice, stretching, massage etc.) Several times i think i manage to cure it but it comes back every time. Now i found good combo what's works for me so well.

Fist week:

- Go see your doctor and take inflammatory drug regimen (etoricoxib 90mg)
    - Visit your nutrition store and buy msm powder and take it (2 tablespoons) ones a day same time with vitamin c.
    - Stop doing any thing what hurts your arm, don't lift heavy things, play badminton or anything else for least week.
    - Put ice gel or tiger balm to your arm and elbow 3 times a day and use sometimes ice bag.
    - Stretch your hand if the pain permits (make sure your muscles is warm not icy when you stretch)

Second week:

- Do everything same as week one. But now the pain is eased so do little exercises for your arm.
    - Use high roller some times if you have one.
    - Lower your string tensions and go to play little bit, no hard smashes! (i have low my tension 3lbs)
    - Take 2 days recovery after every play and use ice bag, tiger balm etc.
    - Remember stretch after play while your arm is warm

Week no.3:

- Stop taking your medicine
    - Keep eating msm + vitamin c (i think that is nutrition what every one should eat in everyday life)
    - Go play little bit harder and more
    - Keep your string tension low
    - Remember stretch your arm!
    - Use ice bag some times

That is the way how i cure my tennis/golfer elbow. I still playing mainly with the lower tension and some times use my other racquet to test how my elbow takes higher tension. I think i go few weeks more in that way and then starting to use my normal tension.

There is no shortcut to happiness, it take time and patience to cure.

Hope this will help somebody!

2. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Could you take MSM as a preventive measure? Like similar to how OMEGA 3 seems to help me protect my knees?

3. elbe_

elbe_ Regular Member

Yes you can. Many people use it every day