how do u feel about yonex Carbonex 30 Muscle

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gold-, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Gold-

Gold- Regular Member

-
    i haven bought it but i would like to ask how u feel it when playing a single games and compare to ti-10(purple) which is better

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    CAB30MS is oval while Ti-10 is iso. It really depends if you like oval or iso.

3. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    The CAB-30MS is a great racquet. I prefer it to the purple/yellow Ti-10, but it is a harder racquet to use, in the sense that it is stiffer and because of its oval head, smaller sweetspot.

The CAB-30MS is more structurally sound. Because it uses a classic oval head, the frame stability is better, giving on average, more durability. It has a smaller sweetspot, so it might be harder to use if you've been using square heads, but the sweetspot is more concentrated, giving more power in offense. As I said, the racquet is also stiffer than the purple/yellow Ti-10. It has a small percentage of titantium in both the head and shaft, adding to its durability, but its very minor. Lastly, it's a Cab! Cabs are awesome!

Ti-10 (purple) = Quick defensive racquet, easy to use, can generate good power. Good for any player. More flexible.

CAB-30MS = More offense oriented, packs more power, but harder to use for less experienced or those accustomed to square (iso) heads. More durable. Better for strong/experienced players.

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    one can know, the one that says "Carbonex 30 MP is the greatest racket", he/she is the grandmaster.
    ;)

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Oh Master Drifit,

I will never say "Carbonex 30 MP is the greatest Racket". However, I will say "Carbonex 30 MS is one of the best racquet Yonex has ever made".

Anyway, the feeling of the solid impact can be found in some other Yoenx racquet. The control can also be found in some racquets too. However, the combine of 2 characters together is one of the very top.

PS, Master Drifit, I just emailed the evil empire to get a autographed picture from Anna... Since I can not be there to party with her and Nicole and Maria and Elena. I am very very sad...

6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Are there 2 version of CAB30? CAB30MS and CAB30MP?

7. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    No, they're used synonymously.

8. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    :D:D:D
    i need to mention something, so, the grandmasters here will give some advices. furthermore, i am :( because getting it is like trying to get gold medal in olympic, very very hard, till now, i am still scouting for it.

lastly, i am very thankful and appreciate your kindness......
    US Open is coming soon...:)
    need my name to put in there?? :D

9. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Cab30MS... Great Racket!

I've never used the Ti10 so can only offer a one-sided opinion.

I switched to the Cab30MS for almost 1 year now... You can read my original review in my blog.

Had 3 of them, one broke -- don't ask how, so 2 left. I like the Cab30 even more now than back in Jan.

I changed the way I wrap my grip (non-uniformly) with Wilson X-tra Tack. They are strung with BG80 at 24 and 22 lbs respectively but hardly touch the 22lb racket. Probably going to restring it to 25lbs just for fun but feeling bad because the string hardly seen any play time. My net play has improved since the Jan review, at least back to where I left it.

I appreciate the racket even more now that I injured my shoulder. It reacts so well to wrist play that I hardly need to swing my arm too much.

10. bolts

bolts Regular Member

Any old timers still here?? :)

I recently resurrected my carbonex 30 muscle and I must say it is a solid racket indeed

I had switched since a few years back to a superlight sotx 300 due to elbow fatigue and like that so much I kept using it for a few years

I broke the string on the carbonex the first time using it again but im definitely getting it re-strung it just feels so solid and its a welcome feeling compared to the superlight

I also have a musclepower 99 and it is very comparable to the carbonex 30 as far as i can recall

Any other old timers here that have used the 2?

I think if i were to be blindfolded id have a hard time discerning which was which as they are very similar

I know this is an old thread but this is where im at at this moment :)

Back to the classics the good old days of rackets lol

thnx for making it this far and feedback would be much appreciated if anyone has used the same rackets!

bolts

silentheart and Dave1011 like this.
  11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I hung up my cab30ms for many years. Due to what happened with my other collectible racquets left string, I cut all string or keep them brand new in my collection. I love my cab30ms with bg85 string. Hated the cab35 and likes the cab50.
    Reg can 30 plays like mp99, imho, both have smaller sweet spot and location is about the same. But I like the cab30ms for it’s stiffer frame.

12. bolts

bolts Regular Member

Due to the mp99 being isometric I just assumed the sweet spot was bigger is this not the case?

Any particular reason why its not?