Anthony Sinisuka Ginting

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Sundis, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Taehee

Taehee Regular Member

Ginting Special
    He is rising up again~

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Sundis likes this.
  3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

An article of interview with Ginting from CNN Indonesia.

Source : https://www.cnnindonesia.com/olahra...m_content=cnnindonesia&utm_campaign=cmssocmed

Translated from the article are as followings (trying to be as accurate as I can)

Anthony Ginting: I've Cried and Been Underestimated.

[​IMG]

What did you have in mind when you lost five consecutive matches in the final?
    Sad, of course. After reaching the final for five times, why couldn't I win one of them? I have reached the final in WTF too, yet I couldn't manage to get through to the finish line. I kept asking questions, why? But I have tried my best and fought in all my matches, there is nothing to regret for.

Questions regarding your seniors, who did you fear the most when you first entered the Cipayung national training?
    I didn't fear my seniors but I felt reluctant toward all the seniors. Moreover I was very young back then when I first entered the national training camp. So it wasn't a fear of the seniors, but more to the environment and the atmoshpere of the dorm life.

But it did come across to my mind before I went to live in the dorm, I was afraid to be bullied by the seniors. It was only rumor that I heard and there was some "bullying". Mostly just pranks though for a laugh nothing sinister or anything to be emotional about. It was just normal things.

[​IMG]

Taufik is your idol. Why Taufik?
    I first know badminton because of him and started learning and growing up playing badminton watching him on TV in Taufik era.
    But it was all only from the TV. I had never watched him live, yet it was a joy to me.

What do you admire about Taufik?
    It's his playing style on court, especially his calmness. There were times when I watched his match while holding a racket, trying to copy how he played. Imitating his movement of smashing, etc.

You have a trademark look of thin mustache. Any plan of growing your mustache for a different look?
    Hahaha.. not really, now that I shave even more often. Making it a routine.

If you had the chance to pick a player for a whole year sparring partner, which badminton players would you choose?
    Actually, there were many players I'd like to pick. But maybe it's between LCW or LD. I also want to know their daily activities off court. What kind of things I could learn or copy, the good habits that could make them the great players they had become.

Have you ever cried before when you lose? What match was that?
    Yes, I have. When I was still amateur I lost to a player much older than me, a real badminton player at that time. I was only 9-10 years old back then.

After becoming a pro, it was when I lost in AG 2018 Semifinal. Well, I was sad because I had once a cramp in a match and had no expectation of playing well in the individual event or to recover that fast. But I managed to beat CL and Momota, but I ended up losing to CTC in the Semifinal.

My expectation was at the peak (in the semifinal). It was held in Indonesia, in AG which only held once in four years. So my desire to win (get to the final and be the champion) was really big at that time.

[​IMG]

Have you ever been underestimated? When?
    Yes. Especially at the times when I just entered here (national camp). During that time I couldn't prove myself as I just joined and was not yet familiar with the training situation. My results weren't that good either back then.

What skill do you master besides Badminton?
    Swimming. My mother gave me swimming lessons ever since I was little. I swam more than played badminton at that time, up to three times a week. If I didn't become a badminton player, I could have been a swimmer instead. Hahaha..

What are the differences before and after you become well known when you go out to public places?
    More people recognise me, some asking to take photo or even asking for a hand shake suddenly. For example when I was walking, there were some who came up and greeted me : "Are you Ginting?", then ask to take photos and also for a signature.

Do you feel disturbed sometimes?
    Sometimes when I am in bad mood. Or when I get distracted while doing something. Like getting interrupted in a serious discussion. However I will try my best to be friendly. Not to be arrogant.

vWhat kind of behavior of fans that amaze you?
    Yeah, probably during the tournament. Even when the matches haven't started yet, even if the tournament start, say, at 1 but the fans have started to queue up since 9. Their perseverance just to watch us live was amazing, I salute them.

During Asian Games there were some who waited for us training in the national camp just to see us. They came very early in the morning and waited till the late afternoon. It even made the security felt bad and begged us to come out just to greet the fans outside.

What is the most unique present you have ever received from a fan?
    What is it, I wonder? I mean there are too many I can't even choose. Hehehe.. I mean there are so many unique gifts.

What is the most unique gift?
    I guess it's a handwriting of Bible verses. It's a jar with small paper inside, the writings are the verses of Bible. There was a written message too, if you are feeling down please read this verses so you will become strong again. The fan even know my favorite verse because I often posted Bible verses in the Instagram.

What are your favorite verses?
    There are many. Depends on the problem I am facing or the inspiration I am getting.

[​IMG]

Besides swimming, what sports do you like?

Football, I mean I like to play it too. Sometimes when I am having a break during badminton training, I like to play football too. Watching football is also my hobby.

As a man who was born in West Java, are you a Bobotoh or a big fan of Persib? (*I think Persib is West Java team, and what the hell is Bobotoh, I have no idea)
    No, not really a big fan. I mean I just like football. For an instance, some like Liverpool. So no matter if that club's performance is going up or down, it's still Liverpool. Honestly, I don't really have any favorite team. I just like the sport.

Who is the most meritorious figure in Anthony Ginting's career beside your parents?
    There are many. The ones that I remember the most, definitely until now are Koh Hendri Saputra and Irwansyah. And when I was a junior there were mas Imam Tohari and mas Budi Santoso. Their guidance and teachings are what I am holding on until now.

Including the discipline?
    A lot. Both on court and off court. For example, making sure there is nothing distracting from outside the court.

What about advises?
    The advise that I remember the most is don't get influenced by what people say. Just keep focused.

buibui2, whatAHassle, Fidget and 5 others like this.
  4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

Thanks for the translation.

LenaicM likes this.
  5. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
  6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Airwalk Ginting

[​IMG]

buibui2 and Fidget like this.
  7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Congratulations to Ginting for finally reaching Top 3.

With his inconsistency during the last two years I know to not ask too much of him like getting to Top 2 soon, but at least to be consistent in Top 4 (or maybe top 3) this year. I hope it's not too much to ask? :D

8. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Careful there. He might read it and come into pressure :p

He has the game , I think with more experience he'll be more deadly.

9. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    He has every thing in his game to a No 1 for long, I hope he'll be more consistent.

buibui2 likes this.
  10. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Even if he become more consistent, he have to beat Momota to take that spot. As much as I love Ginting I don't see him dethrone prime Momota.

11. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    No one literally not one can match a consistent Ginting playing in his prime form, even prime Momota. First 1.5 games of WTF final is an evidence for that, after that Ginting got tired and became inconsistent.

buibui2 and whatAHassle like this.
  12. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

If Ginting can become consistent to the level of well, Tien Chen Chou is consistent I think his top level is clearly good enough to be ranked 2nd in the world at least. And, that way he won't have to face Momota untill the finals. Hopefully Ginting improves that aspect of his game.

I think, if he does though, he'll either have to change his playing style a bit or improve his stamina a lot. While he's super super fun to watch I'm not sure how many tournaments in a row he can play his fast, attacking style of play. Like, maybe while his skills and style is good enough to reach many finals it perhaps is a bit of a double edged sword, and that's why he also loses quite a bit of finals too.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ginting is still struggling against all sort of players, no matter if they were higher or lower ranked than him. At times he won all close rubber sets even from R1 throughout the tournaments. It seems like he often has difficulties to accustom himself to the playing condition or it takes him a few games to get the feel. In post match interviews, he often mentioned how he hadn't yet found his game even in R2 or QF, hence making a lot of silly UEs causing the opponents to gain confidence after the generous "gifts" from Ginting. He is making it hard for himself sometimes.

I agree that he needs to vary his playing style a bit. At least to accommodate different opponents and not letting himself get dragged along into their pace.

14. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    He should decide when to play at his speedest and attacking best, May be he could choose 1000's, WC, OG, WTF to play at his peak skills and energy. Rest of the year he can reduce the pace. He has the weapons he need to learn to use them judiciously.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I don't know much about football so anyone think this is a good enough line up for INA team by Ginting? lol
    INA vs DEN

16. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Hendra should be CB. And herry IP the manager. Can't imagine Taufik as a manager. Maybe he'll smash some chairs in the dressing room at HT lol

stanleyfm likes this.
  17. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Taufik is very calm, collected and composed. He reminds me of MS Dhoni.

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

19. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    As cheerful and laughing as always,

buibui2 and ebcd like this.
  20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

buibui2 likes this.