Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. adjohardi

adjohardi New Member

2. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Well mizuno ltd takes a while to get used to it. It’s a pretty fast frame as far as I know. Cos I have it’s brother JPX CX (JPX ltd + carbon handle) and I find it one of best racket which suits me in every department of doubles accuracy is bang on!!. But CX is a mid flex as the spec is concerned, and then mid flex or stiff depends on the people who use it. There are no standard charts which rates all. My suggestion is do a dry swing of ur entire play in a place and then decide. Still it’s a try of luck only as strings on a racket makes changes the way u swing

If u want better control then stiff is the one. Ok the ideology goes this way..

Want a good smash, take mid flex. Want devastating smash take stiff and extra stiff shaft provided u have a technique to swing properly and bend that extra stiff shaft

Want control? Take stiff shaft

Want good repulsion? Take a flex shaft

Want power? Add head heavy to above!!

Rackets are made for specific audiences. There is no single racket which can give all of this. We have to find a mean proposition and work in.

I settled myself with mid flex, head heavy, 4u/3u weight. it changed my play style a little but works out well for me.

Just imagine ur going for a shopping. It depends on how long so based that u either walk or take motorcycle or car!!

Similar situation if ur opponent is easy take the racket which suits the situation, if ur opponent is highly defensive person no matter how hard u smash it’s not gonna work so u need a stiff shaft for better placement and accuracy.

My suggestion have a bunch of rackets which suits u..

My collection goes like mizuno JPX CX, Kawasaki honor s6 and lining n7ii, lining 08c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2162 BalajiSethuraman, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    visor likes this.
  3. visor

visor Regular Member

Just picked up a Fortius 10 Power. Dang, the grommets are poor quality! I'll probably have to change them all after a few stringings and grommet rotations...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

4. BalajiSethuraman

From where u bought it? Price?

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I want one and can't even find one

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

6. visor

visor Regular Member

It was used in almost new condition. Originally the seller bought and shipped from Rakuten

7. visor

visor Regular Member

It was like meant to be... It was listed locally on FB the day after I researched on Fortius 10 Q and P.

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You lucky sod. But yeah. The stock grommets are poor.

visor likes this.
  9. BalajiSethuraman

Damn lucky ur

visor likes this.
  10. visor

visor Regular Member

Yeah, it's like destiny... although I would've preferred Q.

Had some quick games with it, but not my usual string and higher tension, still felt surprisingly familiar quickly. Bare weight 81g approx (supergrap and foam tape over bare handle) and head weight of only 37.0 g! That seems much lighter than the 88 swing weight that Racquet Force gets.

Quick thoughts is that it's boxy, slightly sluggish, and has good oomph despite low head weight, as compared to my usual 4U 88D. I think most of the frame mass is above 10 to 2 o'clock makes the shaft feel moderately whippy for quickly snapped point smashes. If I can compare to a Yonex racket, it's close to a 4U VT70. Will update more when I play more with it tmrw with my usual string setup of GT5 x ZM62F 25x27 lbs.

#2170 visor, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    boby and Coolkas like this.
  11. boby

boby Regular Member

it's so light for 4U racket, with quite heavy head. more review comparation with ax88d. please :)

12. samhuda

samhuda Regular Member

any playing experience using jpx v series? have plan to buy and want how the racket it self.

13. freeter

freeter Regular Member

I don't own any images. Credit to : Munesue Racketshop[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

BalajiSethuraman likes this.
  14. BalajiSethuraman

Don’t know why eyes go wider when I see a bunch of great new rackets in single picture.. damn..

15. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Goshh altius colourway is sooo good
    But the price, mehh :D

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    The Altus looks great. The 2 Fortius on the other hand..

17. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

Is there any difference
    Is there any difference in spec from Fortius 10Q Special Edition to the usual Fortius 10Q? And the price?

18. BalajiSethuraman

IMO only Hendra setiawan can find the significant difference in the playability of special edition and normal if the spec differs.

19. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

I can share a few comments on the Fortius 10Q. I have played with it for 3 months, so have gone through the shaft burn in. The final weight with overgrip and strings is 92g, this is light compared to my previous racket (JPX LTD 94g that got in a nasty clash and broke - surprisingly fragile)

For reference: Competitive men's doubles player. Play aggressively and prefer to attack/drive from the front court (please keep this play style in mind as you read my review)

This is a nice looking and decent feeling racket. My first comments is that it's a good all round racket, and you have to be a fast player to put yourself into a good position to leverage the strengths of this racket. There is something odd about the shaft on this racket, it does not flex the same way as other rackets. Proportionally, it gets more flexible the snappier the shot - more so than other rackets. Thus the middle power band of this racket is rather empty. Shots like flicks, punch clears, lifts, stick smashes, out-of-position shots suffer as a result end up slow and mid-court. Expect a smash or drive return...good thing you can get the racket there for the reply! This shaft also feels like it has a relatively long rebound time, so power smashes are difficult to hit rapidly in a row.

Smash: 7.5/10
    This is surprisingly good for a 4U, would be just slightly less than some even balanced 3Us stiff rackets. But do not expect to play more than one big smash in a row. It is rather accurate, but won't blow you away. Half smashes are very slow. If you have the time to set up a smash, this can hit hard.

Clear: 7/10
    You need to put in more effort if you want to hit the baseline - it's not difficult, but conscious effort is required

Drive: 8/10
    Fast racket and relatively stable, shines here in getting to the shuttle early for placement. Disappoints on snappy kills or shots where you have a short window to hit it hard

Net play: 7.5/10
    Decent, a little light so you have to be conscious of your racket head. It's quite nice to play spin shots with

Drop: 7/10
    Not my best shot, an extra big of weight/stiffness would have made this better and tighter for fast drops. This racket is good for slow drops

Defense: 8/10
    Overall good for a 4U, you'll get the racket to the shuttle, but it is has a slightly odd control for defense. You'll find yourself not being able to fully lift against flat smashes, which instead turns into a drive defense - be ready to step forward and counter attack. This is my personal preference for defense, but when you are against a big smasher you do need to be more aware of this.

Overall: 8/10
    I like it, it does the job and almost fits my play style. This racket enables me to be more aggressive AND precise from the front. But it does not enable me to do the same from the back court - you have to resort to drops more often to set yourself up for one or two big smashes.

I rate this racket relatively highly as it is able to do a lot of things very well. In terms of all-round rackets, this is somewhere up there near the top. It can help you pull off some surprisingly good shots. As with all rackets, this won't drastically improve your skill, but it can help you out with some minute things.

I would recommend this racket if you are fast on your feet, a smart player, and can get your racket to the shuttle early. If you are very aggressive and your overall game pace is very high, you'll find yourself wanting something stiffer and a little heavier. Theoretically, I would have preferred the 10P given my experience with the 10Q

Again, this is my review given my play style and technique. Others may disagree!

#2179 i800Yoty, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    spyweb, Iwan Pandin and Coolkas like this.
  20. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Can you add some more reference like what racket you used to and like other than JPX Ltd
    Maybe compare it to some mainstream racket?
    Anyway great review!Appreciate it