Racket Reccomendations - Intermediate

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Degan89, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Degan89

Degan89 New Member

Hi,

I've been using a £20 carlton for a year and a half now (restrung once). I play twice every week (doubles) at a intermediate level which and i feel i'm continuing to improve and can more than hold myself against club members who compete at league level. I aim (fingers crossed) to get into the team on the next tryouts in a few months. Although this racket has been great to me, i do feel i'm definitely at the point where its time to look at a better quality racket.

I'm looking for any recommendations on a racket with a budget roughly of £100. Preferably a balanced racket but maybe slightly on the heavy head side of things as i'm 6ft 2" tall, like to smash and relatively aggressive.

Any info or recommendations are welcome.

Thanks,

Dave

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

If you can, better you borrow friend racket to have a taste for 1 or 2 match or just having stroke exchange to get the feel. Being able to feel it yourself would be better than imagine how is our feeling as what i feel might feel different to you.

Regardless, you might want to look at:
    Yonex Astrox 7, more on balance side to me & mid flex.
    Yonex Astrox 9/69/68D, more on head heavy side & abit stiffer.
    Lining 3D Calibar009/TC008, tho i hate to say that the paint quality is totaly bad but playability is good for its price.
    If you can find old stock of Lining N9ii or N7ii, its a high end racket but many put good discount to clear stock coz of the new naming system for the new product. N9ii now is TC75 & N7ii now is TC70. The same racket, different name & color, but the price is almost 2x. N9ii more head heavy & flex, N7ii more on balance but stiffer.
    Idk about your place, but here in Indo i found some old Victor series being reborn said that it made in Taiwan (or maybe discount to clear stock, idk) like TK9000, JS10, TK Oni. So if it exist in your place, you might want to see JS10.

3. Degan89

Degan89 New Member

Thanks for the advice, lots recommendations here of potential rackets I am drawn towards the astrox series i guess because i've read a lot about them. I am based in england.

Yeh it makes sense to try before i buy, hopefully they'll let me have ago haha.

Thanks,

David