Comprehensive Insole Review Thread

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by VeritasC&E, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Just got some Enertor Comfort. They are very light, use D3O material which is pretty impressive and they are endorsed by Usain Bolt. They also have a promotional video bouncing an egg off an insole, like Yonex, but off an actual insole, not an unrepresentative thick piece of material.

Initial impressions are they are thin enough to replace Yonex insoles and fit well with a nice heel cup. They do not have any additional arch support but there is a performance model that does. They just feel like slightly thicker alternatives to Yonex insoles.

https://enertor.com/pages/technology

2. VeritasC&E

VeritasC&E Regular Member

Interesting. They seem to be heavy on marketing (and fake reviews across the internet), but the insole looks good. It would be interesting to see an independent review of the performance version as well.

Do they compare favorably to other insoles you've tried so far?

3. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

I will test properly on Tuesday. The comfort are neutral so seem to suit me better. Like the yonex power cushion insoles but with a little extra thickness. I don’t mind using the yonex insoles but they can move and slide under pressure plus wear out too quickly so I just want something to stay in place.

The performance have a thicker heel so might cause your heel to slip out. There is a discount code for 25% off - 25OFF. But I got a better price using amazon. They have a very good 60 day trial if you buy direct though.

#23 Ouchie, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    VeritasC&E likes this.
  4. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

After 2 minutes I forgot I was wearing new insoles and didn’t think about them for over 2 hours. They are my new favourite. Not too thick, not too thin. Almost exactly the same shape as yonex insoles from high end shoes like Aerus 2. I really forgot about them then only realised when I took my shoes off that I should have been making mental notes about how they felt etc. They were simply part of my foot and did not do anything wrong. At no point did I feel like they were preventing me being able to move properly. They did not absorb impacts like sorbothane pros and did give a feeling of repulsion after movements with hard strikes on the floor. It was a perfectly uneventful test. Next time I will pay more attention and might alternate with sorbothane full strike and original yonex insoles.

5. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

1 month after the initial test and my thoughts about the Enertor insoles have not changed. They just work and I really forget they are there. There are no compromises if you want to replace the yonex high end insoles. Unlike the sorbothanes which seem to be too thin or too thick to work as direct replacements.

6. boby

boby Regular Member

SPENCO Polysorb Cross-Trainer

try to use this insole on my yonex shb03z white. feel improvement for snuggle and comfort cushion, but feel wobble inside when doing hard/fast twist move on court.

good for relax playing and not recomended for agressive player.

7. timmy281

timmy281 New Member

Do you recommend any other insoles? i got 03z too and still searching for a new insole right now, and how long the stock insole will last? i play around 8 hours / week

8. boby

boby Regular Member

just like running shoes, badminton shoes supposed to be replaced once a year, and alternated two pairs for more intense player.

imo.. safe money for another's shoes instead a new insole.

9. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

You just miss out an important reason why we need another insole to replace the stock insoles.
    Even my sneakers(running shoes) are worn out in a year, I still need to buy a pair of insoles for the short-lived shoes.
    It's all because I need more arch support that stock insoles cannot provide.
    Everyone's foot shape and profile are different. Someone is lucky to have normal foot arch and can stand with the stock insoles and I found out that I'm not the lucky one when I was suffered from plantar fasciitis.
    All I wanna say is that there's no golden rule for everyone ;)

10. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

I'm using Aerus 3's and the stock insoles were causing some pain issues in my arch. I removed and replaced them with the thicker variant of yonex stock insole from my old SHB-87LTD which helped a bit but I wasn't 100% pain free, especially at the start of training sessions my arch would ache a bit.

So I bought some Superfeet Comfort Run Thin and Sorbothane Double Strike (new edition) to test out. The Superfeet are very pricey at around 40 euro but if it helps I don't care. The sorbothane ones were very reasonably priced at around 14 euro.

Will leave my impressions soon after. I have a size UK 9 and slightly narrow foot. My arch is pretty standard as far as I know.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  11. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
  12. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

Some background: I have neutral-low arch. Issues with over-pronation and shin splints. Thus I need cushioned surface and an arch support that helps "bounce" my arch when I overpronate when I step or land. A deep heel cup to keep my heel in place was also recommended. This is information my podiatrist has passed onto me, however I decided not to purchase a custom orthotic due to the cost.

These are the insoles I've used in order:

Superfeet Blue:

Very good build quality, arch feels way too rigid and doesn't have any give at all. Also quite thin and no cushioning. Surface feels a bit slippery, but the plate is stable. Heel cup is ok. Feels ok for walking and for work.

SPENCO Polysorb Cross-Trainer:
    Very good cushioning. Bad arch support (for my feet), felt like I was stepping on rocks. Bad durability, the thin layer of fabric peels off after a month of use. Peeling off that fabric will not fix it, and will feel like scratching on a chalk board if you try to use without it. Shallow heel cup. It's cheap tho. Feel like for the average player this would be a good option but not for me. Shin splint pain increased a lot when I switched to these.

Superfeet Black:
    Also really good build quality, good arch bounce, doesn't take up much space with deep heel cup. Good grip and no issues with insole movement. Only downside is the cushioning is thin. Perfect for work shoes, not for badminton.

SPENCO Total Support Max:
    What I'm using right now, no more shin splints. The holy grail of insoles. Has everything I'm looking for: cushioning for the jump smashes, bouncy arch support (much better than Superfeet Black) for my overpronation, deep heel cup for foot stability, very good durability, grippy surface, and doesn't move around in shoe.

Cheung and freeter like this.
  13. kevindd992002

kevindd992002 Regular Member

Engineer
    In general, would it be better overall to replace the stock insoles of the Yonex Poewr Cushion 65Z2 shoes with one that can conform to my feet? I'm not sure what my feet arch is so that I need to read on about.

14. kevindd992002

Engineer
  15. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    In general, no imo.

Are the stock insoles worn out, or are you having discomfort in your feet when playing? If yes, then replace the insoles. If not, then why bother.

If you don't know what kind of support for your feet you need, then you probably just need to try different kind of insoles.
    Everyone's feet are different but if you have specific problems, share them and then maybe someone here can give you advice on what you need.

16. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    I recently had to change to wider shoes due to pain on the upper outside of my toes.

The spenco cross trainer I had before had great cushioning but the upper layer started to peel off soon and they were rather thick at the heel. Also I don't really need Arch support.
    So for my new shoes I tried the enertor comfort.
    They are overall thinner but are a bit less soft. I mostly need some dampening in the front foot and I found that to be similar to the spenco insole despite the enertor being thinner. Can't really comment on the durability yet but so far I'm totally satisfied. (Finally found a combination of shoes, insoles and socks that give me zero pain even after a 3h session)

17. kevindd992002

Engineer
  18. Sourabh001

Sourabh001 Regular Member

I own comfort z shoes
    I have replaced insole with spenco cross trainer , they are much better than original yonex insoles
    Feels very good , nice cushioning
    Very much satisfied

19. Kikuhito Senshi

Kikuhito Senshi Regular Member

project manager
    Sidas 3 feet high arch. What a godsend they are. No more aching feet!

20. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

anyone tried dr kong?