Yonex Nanoflare 800 (End Aug 2019 release)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by esppy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

of course it is relative to other top end rackets, but as I said I can smash 7 compare to top end smash rackets, tk9900, ax99, and 88d in my case. Thats why I think it is about style, technique or whatever you can say. I am pretty decent smasher for my level and this racket can smash really good for me. I have been playing for a long time with proper training with a coach for few years. So, 1.5 is very subjective imo like 7-8 being subjective.

2. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Yeah obviously everything is subjective to a certain extent. Do keep in mind the way i rate is from 0-10, so something has to score a 10 (ZFI), and something has to score a 0 (arcfb, 5u JS 10). And everything else is (roughly) a linear scale between them. I've done training for all of four months so what do I know lol. Take everything with a grain of salt. My coach also thinks similar to me as well although he can hit harder than I do.

3. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

We should not compare different categories. If we are comparing 4u, we should stay under 4u unless otherwise asked/mentioned specifically. Also, coaches are not perfect that can utilize every racket 100% no matter what. Every person has their style that can utilize some rackets better. Before getting nf800, I had a conversation with a coach and he told me that it is unnecessary to buy nf800 while there is ax88s. I didnt listen him and still bought few weeks after we had that chat, it took me 3-4 weeks to get used to it, but after that viola :D ... 4u is amazing speed racket with good amount of power. 3u version almost feel like power racket that is pretty easy to access power with great speed.

4. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

The price of this racket in Malaysia is now MYR429, it was approximately MYR569 (if memory serves, when it first launched) and then dropped to MYR500-519 before finally dropping to MYR429. This quick successions of price drop has really piqued my interest and at the same time tempt me to get one and try it for myself.

The question is, what is warranting such a steep drop in price in such a short period of time?
    Is the demand of this racket falling short and not selling well?
    For the sake of comparison, a NF700 currently retails at MYR479, which is higher than NF800 although it has been released much earlier.

#484 Satoshi, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  5. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

Thats interesting. nf800 is still the highest price rackets in most retailers, little more and less than ax99. It looks like it is Malaysian thing :D ... Check some other retailers from other countries to comparison if you want.

6. Tino

Tino Regular Member

Did try the nanoflare 800 3u in a demo session, and I strongly disagree with the one saying that smash are 1.5/10.

Smash was as a good as my astrox 99, and net play was similar to my former thruster f.

Fun fact, I found this easier to generate power than my 4u z force.

However, that thin frame bothers me a bit

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

quardsonic likes this.
  7. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

I wont take it that far tho saying its smashes are as good as astrox 99
    It is not 1.5/10 but not as good as astrox 99 either o_O

8. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

I agree that 3u nf800 much easier to generate power than 4u zf2 and almost same power for me and I am pretty decent smasher for my level. I generated a little bit more power with 4u ax99, but it is much more demanding; I cannot attack continuously, only 1-3 big smash some time to time. However, with 3u nf800 I can smash down many times in a row with better accuracy... Now I dont see any point to play with head heavy rackets anymore. I sold my head heavy rackets one by one :D and stayed with 4u and 3u nf800 (and auraspeed 90s/90k)
    Also, I think while thin frame of course lowers the durability, it is not a big issue. Just 2 weeks ago someone hit their ax88s to some other person's fingers, as a result ax88s was broken and fingers were fine. So, it s a bit luck or being unlucky eheh

9. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

It's fine, I was just curious behind the reasoning of the price drop. Not gonna complain about lower pricing!

I feel like I'm at this stage as well. I was using NR900, got won over by the marketing and gotten myself AX88S/D. It's been a year or so since I made the switch, I've more or less gotten used to the rackets, but a part in me feels like I might not have been fully utilizing the Astrox even though I'm already so used to them, and I might actually be able to play better(much more efficient?) with a headlight which had made me eyeing this NF800 these days, especially after the price drop now.

mcchooi likes this.
  10. Redin

Redin New Member

With reference to the nanoflare 800 mains and cross tension. What is everyone’s thoughts on the 10%difference between mains and crosses for these racket ?
    My 800 frame cracked after a racket clash with string tension of 25/26. I have now got another 800 and have strung the mains and crosses the same tension of 26. And more careful during play to avoid racket clashes.

With these thin frame rackets are we suppose to abandon the the technique of the 10% difference between mains and crosses?

11. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I don't think so. The racquet should still be able to handle anything from square tensions to +2 on crosses just fine. Just down to personal preference. Clashing and poor stringing techniques are other matters really.

12. Redin

Redin New Member

I agree regarding clashing and poor stringing technique.
    But I have also observed that cracking tend to occur at B(b) 8,or 9, or 10 or 11
    If not at A(a) 14 or 16 when the crosses start to pulling in the frame the most. Just wondering if the +2 lbs highly stress these A and B holes that a racket clash just triggers a crack.

13. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Hi, had a quick scroll through the thread to see if there's any mention of stiffness between the AX88D in 3U and NF800 in 3U. Everyone seems to be comparing the AX88D in 4u instead :eek:.

So, does anyone know stiff the 3U NF800 is in relative to the AX88D in 3U? Thank you!

14. pughon

pughon Regular Member

There is a new Youtube channel (named Badminton Guide if I remember correctly) to have measurements of these rackets.

15. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Just had a look at it, both were in 4U specs but if one were to assume they scale the same in 3U, then NR800 is to be slightly more flexible (8.8/10 flexibility) vs AX88D (8.6/10 flexibility). They are both rated to be slightly stiff(3/10) as well.

16. Winterhearted

Winterhearted New Member

It's been a while since Nanoflare 800 release. How is the durability of the frame in general? Does clash or even powerful misshit often result in a broken racket?

17. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Well, I just happen to strung my NF800 two days ago. This time with my regular BG80 @ 32 lbs. Before, I strung my NF800 a little less: 30,5 lbs. It was lovely! Easy in defence and smashes were really nice! I must say I put a little lead tape at 12 and 6 o'clock. Stock it is not powerfull and head heavy enough for me, as I normally play with Victor SW35 or AT700 for singles and DZS for doubles.

Only minor thing is it's less accurate on cross drops or clears, as it feels a bit (head) lighter than what I'm used to.

And tonight I had a big clash with my mix partner. Luckily my racket did not break and I don't see any chips. Let's hope there are no internal cracks.

18. Winterhearted

Winterhearted New Member

That's great! Is it 3U or 4u version?

19. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

It's a 3U/G5. I will only buy 3U rackets. 4U simply too light.
    And I've had a few smaller clashes before with this racket. Though, I can understand that this racket is relatively more fragile than other rackets. Maybe I'm just lucky so far.

Winterhearted likes this.
  20. Zaphod

Zaphod Regular Member

Hi,

Is there someone that has tested nanoflare 370 4u and 5u, and 380 sharp, alongside nf 800? The 370 is noted as head heavy on badminton Bay, but head light on yonex website.