India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I do think the same. His salary might be less. Money is the problem for everybody.

badmuse likes this.
  2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This could be one of the reason.

Most significant reason could be lack of job satisfaction due to all lazy players and only one potential pair but also lazy.

Baddyforall and badmuse like this.
  3. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The first step in overcoming a problem is to acknowledge that there is one, does Gopi have guts to acknowledge!!! It is high time that India should ban and abandon current set of doubles players (even Satwik/Chirag, they are just too stubborn), they serve a bad influence on junior players. Better focus on junior players.

5. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

Don't be anxious about which are uncertain

Simeon and Sumanth99 like this.
  6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Bhagavad Gita !!

Good one.

Baddie lover and pradeep chand like this.
  7. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
  8. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Hey Lord Vishnu, please send another avatar to guide our players and management. I'm thinking of that line " yada yada hi dharmasya " one. So apt for present situation of Indian badminton.

9. Baddyforall

This could be one of the reason but still he was willing to work until now. But all of a sudden when a singles coach is hired from Indonesia with huge sum of money, this will definitely make other coaches from the same country to think twice. This is what happened . The reason he gave for his resignation definitely proves that. He was talking about the support to singles in india and all. So, Money is the main problem here.

LenaicM likes this.
  10. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

What ever may be reason he shouldn't have resigned until Olympics if he really was concerned about support to singles than doubles.if the doubles player's play more consistently then it's popularity would rise .instead of finding solution he created problem

11. Baddyforall

He is not from India to care about her when her own people does not care about it. So, we should not blame him . There must be something wrong in the System which we dont know completely.

Cheung and LenaicM like this.
  12. shadishv

shadishv Regular Member

all the above 3 posts are correct.... the problem is a bit of all the above

13. shadishv

shadishv Regular Member

Unless a national coaching setup is in place, these problems will keep simmering time and again. Japan, Indonesia, Korea, Denmark, Malaysia all have a proper national setup. Why not in India? Yes there are problems in all these setups but atleast they are streamlined under a clear and single umbrella. Only in India, there is a constant confusion between private and national training set ups. Sad and weird.

14. Baddyforall

Wasting public money is a criminal offence. Srikanth should not be allowed to play using public funds / he should play with his own money.

#3814 Baddyforall, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  15. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Link: https://indianexpress.com/article/s...ubles-in-india-lacks-care-love-funds-6307384/

Doubles in India lacks care, love and funds, says outgoing coach Flandy Limpele
    "The Indian scene is not fair to the coaches. Salaries are not equal (Agus Dwi Santoso for singles comes for $8000 per month, Flandy was paid $6500), neither do they have equal assessment."

Airdropping an international coach into a doubles camp and assuming India will start producing world champions in the paired event might not be the wave of the magic wand India is looking for, reckons departed coach Flandy Limpele. Reiterating that his reasons for leaving are “mainly personal”, the Indonesian coach insisted that doubles badminton in India lacked “care, love and funds.”

“I tried hard to stay, believe me,” he said, adding that he had had a word with the players in December after complaining about their attitude. This conversation had settled the issue. But Limpele remained discontented with the Indian structure that clearly prioritised singles over doubles.

“To add up to the personal reasons, I felt like the doubles department is not favoured here, which I can understand why. But I thought the percentage of importance would be at least 55 / 45 (latter for doubles). But it turns out it’s 70/30. It’s not fair, I think. So that’s why I couldn’t stay longer,” he stressed.

“There’s less support (funding) for (exposure) tournaments. There are many potential players but support is less. Most of the times doubles seems to have no power to say what doubles needs and wants.

“That kind of stuff is not helping the team grow. But it is what it is. I learnt a lot. It was a good journey,”

“I’d like to wish Indian team the best and the good part was being with the team through ups and downs, win or lose. It’s something I’ll always remember.”

Sumanth99 and Baddie lover like this.
  16. Baddie lover

I liked Flandy. He tried to help players but if attitude of senior players is not good, he could do little about it. He's right about things which he mentioned in the article. Scenario is slowly changing courtesy of one pair SatwikChirag. But I would disagree with his comment regarding salary comparison of singles and doubles coaches coz at the moment singles player(s) like Sindhu are star players, the probability of her winning titles is greater than that of SatwikChirag winning titles. Once SatwikChirag and other doubles pairs become equal to Sindhu and other singles players in terms of winning tournaments capability then salaries of singles and doubles coaches would or should get equal automatically. The system is messed up. Unless and until, the system is improved, foreign doubles coaches would find it difficult to remain here. So, there should be a collective responsibility of association, players, domestic coaches and foreign coaches .

badmuse likes this.
  17. Baddie lover

18. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Salaries of coaches should be anonymous, like how Human Resources in a company keep that information confidential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Flandy Limplele indirectly reveals that lower salary was his reason for leaving India. If we take into account the multiple WC medals, Olympic medals and BWF titles by singles players, higher salary for singles coaches is justified. The difference is not huge, just $1500 less for the top doubles coach. It will take time for the doubles players to get better results. Improved results will in turn raise the salaries of doubles coaches.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

If no other aspects (job satisfaction, great working team, glory, appreciation etc) exists, money is the last thing that would make one consider of staying to work at the company. It's not really the salary difference between coaches that bothers Flandy. It's how the team treat singles and doubles so differently.