Yonex Astrox 100ZZ

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Dec 18, 2019.

1. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Because saying how you played since 25 years give you the correct knowledge to judge if a racket is less powerful than another one without testing it and only by watching a match on TV? Did you ever hold the racket? No you are just saying (and not just saying you use strong words like "noticeably weaker") many things about it just by watching a match on your couch? Ok that's pretty credible and not arrogant at all actually.

Also please don't just say words out of context. I never assumed users on the forum including you and Quentin 11 do not play and only stay on the couch... Obviously the staying on the couch thing was for the 100ZZ thing racket feedback you gave out of nowhere... nothing else. If you start reviewing your racket, regardless of your feelings I won't say that but again you never tried that 100ZZ yet have plenty of assumptions made. Don't take my words out of the context to discredit me. Again... Ah yeah I'm also arguing with all the members on here right. And I'm arrogant right. And why? Because I question how you guys stated so many things without trying the actual racket? Sure...

And since you guys never answered my question and don't have any arguments other than attacking me or throwing some nonsense about the meaning of "impression" or how I assume you are sitting on the couch reporting the qualities of a racket you never tried (spot on actually right?!) when I ask how can you tell (and so surely) that the 100ZZ is less powerful than the DZS based on TV matches you watched sitting on your couch... well then I will just leave it at that. I'm that arrogant and surely I didn't read correctly the both of you. I have other users to argue with anyway. In fact "all the members". :rolleyes:

#421 LenaicM, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  2. Azmi Yusof

Azmi Yusof Regular Member

Let's just move on to the topic of the thread shall we? I'm sure we are all secure enough about our opinions to not need to have the last words.

Saru and Quentin11 like this.
  3. Azmi Yusof

Azmi Yusof Regular Member

Based on the reviews and impressions so far, in comparison with 88D, it does consistently seems to point towards 100ZZ being better in all aspect except for power. Need to see more in depth review and hopefully, some friends will buy them first for my testing :rolleyes:.

Will be interested to know about the 100ZX too though. Volant Wear review seems to point that it has more power than 100ZZ but not as good in other department.

Quentin11 likes this.
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Alright quit it you guys. Seriously i dont see anyone is right or wrong.
    At 1 point its true that giving miss information is bad & could missguide the others, but isnt it also reader responsibility to filter any information instead of eating it awhole. It just small portion of information from the whole big cake, its just 1 data. A small amount of data is useless but alot more data is precious. Well, google live with this big data right:D
    so let just change the topic.
    So how would you compare ur VT LDF with 88D & N9ii, & does it 3U or 4U.
    & let me be abit arrogance this time:cool:. The next post would be about AX100 as this is all about it or just answering my question:p... Or else i will curse you getting itchy in your back where its out of your hand reach to scratch it for the rest of the year:eek:. Seriously stop!!!

BalajiSethuraman and Quentin11 like this.
  5. RajUS

RajUS Regular Member

:) Let's talk about the racket 100ZZ - at least ~10 review videos are available on youtube , including VA and AY and Japanese MD team in All England. These players may disguise the people with their words for praising the racket for marketing purpose but when you are seeing them with your open eyes while playing with the different rackets as compared to 100ZZ , you can distinguish the fact how racket is actually performing for different category of shots in basic badminton (its practically). Any sensible experienced badminton player can make out easily from different play styles irrespective of how you play .. This is really an insult to the forum if someone illogical demeanor say you are sitting on couch and judging ( this could be partially true but not 100%).. I can't buy it !! Players on this forum put real hard effort before and after the hands on the rackets. Considering the fact that each player will try to see the good or bad into 100ZZ from their own experience, perspective - we must wait and see eventually what everyone feels about the different aspect of this racket. I am signing off for few days will come back with my reviews, I have ordered both 3UG5 and 4UG5 variant of 100ZZ - vendor will ship them on 20th March ! See you guys !

visor and Quentin11 like this.
  6. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

60 posts to read!!!! That’s seriously high numbers. @Cheung @kwun how do I unsubscribe from this thread .

Guys,

Seriously, we are all matured and we know pretty well that until u keep ur hands on that racket all this so far 400++ posts are subjective!! One person bad thought or one person excellent reviews will not going to benefit that’s much!! Do u guys know “Badminton racket review”? cross check your famous rackets (that u own) with those reviews u will know how subjective it is!! In badminton world, it’s not the player who chooses racket it’s the racket chooses u! (Unless ur serious professional player) Hope u know it!!

If u can afford the money then go purchase it!! If u cant afford it wait for your friends to purchase it and play with it once to know!! Simple!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. laistrogian

laistrogian Regular Member

Student
    If i give 88D 4U and 100ZZ 4U to basically everyone here, you'll all play just as good or bad anyway.

Stop acting like a racket will somehow magically make you a better player. You will only play better if you are more comfortable with the racket. If you feel more comfortable with your flexible headlight $50 racket, you'll play better on it than with 100ZZ.

Most professionals just use a segment of racket that they prefer and they don't really care about the brand or how much different it is as long as it falls within their preference.

They'll spend time thinking how to swing better so that their smash is more precise than thinking if changing their racket will make their smash more precise

s_mair and LenaicM like this.
  8. Winston A

Winston A Regular Member

9. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Why does every racket discussion involve some one saying "rackets don't make players, work on technique if you want to get better?" No sh*t Sherlock, nobody is saying otherwise.

Then go to the technique forum and have a discussion there, this is a racket forum. Do you see someone bringing up rackets in the technique forum?

Don't tell other people how to spend their own time and money. It's not that hard a concept, get it through your heads. For 99% of the player base badminton is just a hobby, and that could involve buying rackets that your favorite pros use. If you don't think it's worth your money, then don't buy it and shut up, a couple of you have been derailing this thread far too long

10. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Very well said!

11. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

This what I told is there issue here?

Pls read through my post on what I said. I still say the same if u have money purchase it and play with it!! If anyone is determined to buy it(who can stop them????) I strongly believe they don’t care what we say!! So why fuss.

There is absolutely no issues to buy a platinum or diamond chopsticks!! As long as u know how to eat with chopsticks all good!

But, before buying a horse we definitely need to know how to ride it!! If u have a big horse stable, and have enough money to feed the horse then it dosent matter if u don’t know to ride the horse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. superdan12

superdan12 Regular Member

13. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Yeah my post wasn't aimed at you, relax

michael5098 and Quentin11 like this.
  14. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

15. cueteachme

cueteachme Regular Member

Weird. I kept double clicking but somehow It refused to equip it. Something popped up in midair saying "Your level is too low to use this".

Oh wait -

endFX and SimonCarter like this.
  16. Budi

Budi Regular Member

hhhmmm.... I can equip it, but all my stat now become minus:eek:. Now i cant even win agains wild boar. This is totaly wierd...

cueteachme and LenaicM like this.
  17. cueteachme

Terrible racket

18. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

This is my personal experience and I am sharing it and people can make their own conclusion out of it.

I am a total beginner in badminton.

I double clicked and equipped myself with a Duora 10 - all stats became minus. Tried way cheaper racket of my friends and always enjoyed playing with their racket than my own amazing new Duora 10. A $50 dollar racket felt nicer.

I didn't let myself get discouraged. I double clicked again and equipped myself this time with a VZF2 - clears, dropshots and slice shots got better but every other stats became minus. Funny enough, I still enjoyed racket of my friends much more than my own VZF2.

Then I double clicked once more and equipped myself with an Astrox 88D - surprisingly all my shots were more satisfying. I surprised myself with my smashes and I wasn't even getting tired. I kept trying the rackets of my friends as they were buying new rackets too from cheap to expensive. I tried them and liked them. BUT, each time I took back my AX88D, I said to myself, oh wow my racket is better much better. I love it. Loved it so much I bought a second one! I'm a beginner and i've tried many rackets now, from Yonex, Apacs, Ashaway, Li-Ning and Victor.

However I applied the logic of being a beginner for sure a racket like AX88D isn't suited for me. The racket is better than me.

I bought an Apacs 722 which is supposed to be an easier racket much cheaper too and more flexible. It was indeed a very nice racket but again when I came back with my AX88D, it was better much better. How come a beginner is finding a pro racket better? Impossible.

I still listened to the logic beginner and stiff/expensive racket isn't suited. This time I went with a Victor 90K but 4U. It would be lighter and easier for me to use. More aero which would help me cut through the air easier. Hated it! Stopped playing with it and kept playing with my AX88D.

This is my limited experience with badminton rackets. I cannot speak for others. But I have tried many rackets and so far I haven't find anything close to my AX88D.

Could the AX100ZZ replace it? Who knows, I might be too beginner for it and it might make my stats minus.

Froilan Rivera likes this.
  19. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

3U or 4U VTZF?
    3U or 4U 88D?

20. cueteachme

On a serious note, this is a gem of a post. Im certainly of the technique>equipment camp, but i fully agree with your 3rd paragraph.

Unfortunately... there is no way these sort of topics wont ever be derailed by trolls/kids/whatever. The reason being is, there WILL be those from the non-working group/less fortunate group that will scorn those who can afford it by attacking their skills, character, etc. The internet isn't age-restricted y'know? There is also economic incentives for coaches to keep pushing for 'skillz first. Then gear' which adds to this problem.

It would be nice if your post appears as a pin or a reminder for ANY equipment section of ANY sport. Money makes the world go round. No buyers, no new stuff, no sponsors, no tourneys.

Saru, Budi and Quentin11 like this.