Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

This AE probably would be the last tournament for the moment until further notice, minions can give their all without thinking about next tournaments.

2. wade

wade Regular Member

Now I'm convince kevin has really improve his power from the back, his smashes are more deadly than gideon, more steep too. I think steen might be right yesterday, kevin use that shoulder tape because he wants to test it before the olympics, we knew the playing condition in musashino is more or less similar to birmingham arena.

3. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Kevin "medok" Sukamuljo :D

Hopefully kevin could keep his "fire" tomorrow if they meet endo/yuta, I don't want another body language like in WTF, show them you're the world number 1.

yuquall likes this.
  4. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

"bengong, bengong" :D

yuquall likes this.
  5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

:D:D:D:D

Q: "How's the preparation for the final?"

Kevin : "Well nothing special, just check Vinions stock today and then re-post Vinions story to IG"

6. wade

wade Regular Member

In the beginning, was gideon talking about himself or kevin ? after that kevin said that he feel gideon is too static at the front court (just like herry ip said at the interval) and said he need to be more proactive at the front.

rhoder likes this.
  7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I forgot I can't watch this... :(

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

https://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/9059

[​IMG]
    (All England Open 2020) Kevin/Marcus Sukses Melesat Ke Final
    (Birmingham, 14/3/2020)

Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon sukses melesat ke babak final All England Open 2020. Kemenangan mereka pastikan dengan mengalahkan Lee Yang/Wang Chi Lin (Taiwan) dengan skor 21-18, 21-13, pada Sabtu (14/3) di Arena Birmingham, Inggris.

Pasangan unggulan satu ini mengaku langsung siap sejak awal. Meski sempat mendapat perlawanan di awal game dua, Kevin/Marcus akhirnya berhasil bangkit dan memenangkan pertandingan dalam 35 menit.

“Pertandingan tadi kami langsung siap dari awal. Kami nggak mau lengah dan kami berhasil menekan lawan terus ya. Walaupun game kedua mereka sempat unggul terus, kami tetap optimis kalau kami bisa membalikkan keadaan,” kata Kevin.

“Di game kedua, beberapa kali saya mau ngenet, nggak sampe, nggak sampe, jadi dari situ mereka lebih berani. Tapi setelah interval kami lebih siap lagi,” ujar Kevin lagi.

Selanjutnya di babak final, Kevin/Marcus masih menunggu lawan antara Hiroyuki Endo/Yuta Watanabe (Jepang) dengan Vladimir Ivanov/Ivan Sozonov (Rusia).

“Pasti lawan siapa saja harus siap. Kami siap melakukan yang terbaik dan enjoy permainannya saja,” kata Marcus.

“Pastinya kami ingin membayar kesalahan tahun kemarin, tapi kami nggak mau berlebihan juga. Kami sudah ke final, jadi mau melakukan yang terbaik aja,” tutur Kevin.

Hasil lengkap pertandingan semifinal All England Open 2020 bisa dilihat di sini. (*)

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

10. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

Himself
    "kenapa kaki gue ketinggalan terus ya"
    Kevin was just agreeing and so on
    NordVPN works for me

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

This is finally happening. Another face off against Endo/Wata.
    Honestly, if minions can keep their fighting spirit throughout the tournament I don't see why they can't win this.
    Endo/Wata could win Ahsan/Hendra after all this time, why can't minions? :) Who will feel the pressure more this time, I wonder. H2H wise it's Endo/Wata to lose.

Marcus needs to step up and Kevin needs to step in.
    From the matches I have witnessed so far, Kevin had shown a pleasant improvement in his back court play. Marcus himself displayed eagerness to make himself more threatening at the front net and try intercepting more. Marcus smashes were still as predictable as usual most of the time, but as long as he doesn't lose his "spirit" nothing is impossible. But if he has another meltdown like in WTF, then wth:cool:

This is going to be a very tough battle since the word go. Anyhow, I would like to see minions give their best and surprise us all in the best way:)

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think they have reached Final, they can enjoy themselves like the always do. 1 victory over EndoW @ AllEnglandFinal , the past will all be forgotten. Just feels like its meant to be? It cant be...

While EndoW beat Minions twice in Guangzhou, they didnt win the Final and the reason why is Endo always have nightmares in the Final.. He single handedly costed them the end of 2nd game against AhsanHendra through implosion when they were leading.

13. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

What’s the improvement in Kevin’s rear court play you see? Seems the same to me as far as I can tell, Marcus being proactive at the net that I can see

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Just the power:D

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Minions post match interview from 08:15.
    Kevin never wants to speak lol. Marcus should charge interview fee to him.:p

16. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

17. wade

wade Regular Member

You don't feel he hits harder from the back ? even gill and steen notice it in their QF match. also he's willing to work hard from the backcourt in this tournament, more than usual. usually he would just happy to play a dropshot/half smash then launching 1 or 2 full power smash. it's concerning to me though that kevin seems to have an easier time penetrating the opponent defense than gideon, if gideon still being predictable from the back I'm pessimistic they can get their revenge against yuta/endo.

18. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    We are losing some valuable insights from the World's most dynamic player because of language barrier. Though he can speak English, I believe he is not that fluent. The players should be allowed to speak in their comfortable language and the broadcaster can translate that later, like we see in football interviews. I believe he is much more expressive in Bahasa Indonesia. Not only him, there are many Indian players who are very expressive when they talk in Hindi.

Play hard. Train harder.

stan12 likes this.
  19. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Frankly I couldn’t really tell, but I’ll try to keep an eye out for it today. Yeah he’s more hardworking, but I think it depends on his motivation also. The past two matches, the opponents’ defence really isn’t that top tier level. When he faces Yuta/Endo he may get disheartened and go back to that usual slow paced shots.

I’m not optimistic of their chances today either. The improvements seem pretty marginal imo, Gideon’s making the effort in the front court but he still doesn’t look comfortable there, a few misses and he may revert to his passive self. Otherwise it looks like the same pair from last year. But hope I’m proven wrong

20. wade

wade Regular Member

Idk, the last time they faced endo/watanabe kevin played pretty well from the back imo, he hits like 5 or 6 winners from his dropshot alone. the problem is when gideon at the back he can't really penetrating the japanese defense. I agree gideon still hasn't look comfortable at the front, that's why herry ip and kevin keep telling him to be more proactive there, read the game more instead of just standing still.

Prior to the AE Herry IP said that he prepared some drills for minions to beat endo/watanabe, let's see what they got this time then.

rhoder likes this.