Looking for Replacement for BS12 (Arc7/Astrox77/other recommendations?)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Groudon, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Groudon

Groudon Regular Member

Hi guys, I broke my lovely Victor BS12 racket which i haven been using for 5-6 years. I am planning to get one of the 2 rackets mention above because I really love the mid flex and even weight of the BS12 or could you guys recommend me anything that is close to BS12? I am an intermediate player who plays doubles 99% of the time and I enjoy smashes, drop shots and net shots.

Thank you!

2. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Jetspeed 12 is a great doubles racket for an intermediate player. I wouldn't say it feels like a BS12 because nothing does, it's still a staple racket. But the JS12(lime) is a solid all around racket for doubles.

3. Groudon

Groudon Regular Member

Now I am looking at the NR750 and NF700 as well, any reviews/thoughts?

4. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

To confuse you even more, Adidas offers even more options with an around medium flex and around even balanced to slightly head heavy (AX 77ish) at different overall weights, with different frame and head shapes.

A very popular racket is the Kalkül A5, box frame, light, even balanced (slightly head heavy) and light racket with some flex.
    PSX_20200316_120342.jpg

The Überschall range has a more aerodynamic frame shape and a more open stringing pattern that's supposed to help with quick swings. Two rackets that come to mind are the F2 and the F5. The head weight of the A2 is in Arcsaber 11 territory.
    PSX_20200316_120730.jpg
    PSX_20200316_120758.jpg
    Last, but not least, there's the Wucht P3. Even balance 3U, medium stiffness/flexibility with an Aerodynamic frame shape. Sounds familiar?
    PSX_20200316_121013.jpg

Maybe this confuses you even more, but there's more than just Victor and Yonex out there.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

:Dchoosing a racket will never be an easy task to do.
    Well at least until you pass those border where you able to feel the different between racket. I guest we all bound to the same Curse that makes us become picky:eek: & only when we are able to Master all those high level Badminton technique we can be free from the curse:p

6. Groudon

Groudon Regular Member

hmmm my knowledge may be limited, because i think adidas rackets are not that accessible in Malaysia.

7. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

If you want something close to bs12, you may check auraspeed 90s. For yonex, nf700 is not bad as well, but I think 90s is better racket overall.

8. Groudon

Groudon Regular Member

i was told that NR750 flex is about the same with BS12, not sure about the other aspects tho

9. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

I dont know about nr750. But victor still produces bs12, you can buy again. I dont think going from bs12 to nr750 would be an upgrade.