Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

That's just how Hendra plays. And as far as I can remember he lost to Endo/Wata too didn't they in this AE.

2. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

Kevin was still too emotional
    clearly he doesn't like it when his magic doesn't work, saw that in their lost to HanZhou too

3. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

oh great photo

4. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

Like it or not, Endo will be used as the poster boy for the “yesterday’s MD is stronger than today’s” argument. Hope Minions can improve and turn the table soon. Win once will eliminate all the doubts:)

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Kids will always be kids :D

Seriously, Patience is a word that he needs to engrave to his dictionary (head) permanently.

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Endo? How about Ahsan/Hendra?

7. konak

konak Regular Member

What I didn't understand is why minions didn't do to endo last night what ahsan/hendra did to YYS in dubai' SSF 2015 semi final.

Yuta/Endo game plan is obvious. Lift to the back in the first opportunity.
    Well, why didn't marcus/kevin keep doing drop shot to endo and endo only. make the game two on one. getting dropshot for full 15 minutes will obviously hurt endo knees.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

@yuquall I can understand your deep sorrow and pinching grief over yesterday's result.

Kevin crumbled at the ultimate stages of the match and his sadness was not hidden from the TV cameras. Unfortunately, it's the nature of the sport. Better matchups. Cruel one. Endo too steady, Watanababy too quick...Kevin still can win the olympics, you never know.

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

in my opinion, easy to think that Minions could have won 2 out of the 5 tournaments that they lost to Endo but thats not how sports work. Even when EndoW beat Minions 6x , they only won 2 titles.

and yes, Olympics is anybodys for grabs. MD is never obvious , even when LYD was WR1 in 2016 and playing a pragmatic almost unbeatable style , in the end his defense crumbled against GohTan.

Unlike the previous matches where Gideon is under pressure, I think Endo is the one under pressure yesterday. Not sure if they have isolated him enough but they can do it again next time.

I'd say yesterday & HKO lost is all down to luck. just like their victory against EllisLangridge in January and ChoiSeo last year that ended with titles.

I think MD is good there are other winners.. much more competitive scene. still no pair is as consistent as Minions. I d be happy if they have good tournaments.

#6009 Yoji, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Can you?:(
    Even the great ones can be vulnerable at times. The Goat didn't become the Goat without heartbreaking losses. :p

But!! just as you said before no OG winners have ever won that year's AE in MD;)

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  11. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

but one thing for sure is, I have to admit the impact minion has on badminton and especially MD.

They are such a joy to watch, and if they can find a comparable opponents, we are sure to be treated to a really good match.

just look at the thread of All England alone, they created like 9 pages of discussion based on their matches alone, whereas other matches can hardly fill one page each. They have the same charisma/excitement as Lin Dan / Hidayat, which the sport strongly needs after such a long time.

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I guess they divide opinions..once they are gone and retured , i wonder how those thread will be haha.

If it takes 21-19 to beat Minions in a Final with 3 Kevin consecutive errors then it is what it is. Its his style of play.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

9 pages? Whoa.. haven't checked the tournament thread yet.
    The thread goes active when they lose especially. :D

14. ericksakti

if minions can at least reach final in the Olympic, I think can reach 20-30 pages for their match alone lol. I think other than them only match between Ginting and Momota can come close to them.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Honestly, I don't get this big fuss over Endo/Wata winning over minions suddenly really. Haven't they been doing it since last year like 5 times already before yesterday?

yesterday was the best match minions ever had against Endo/Wata since their disaster BAC final last year.

Does everyone think that this is the end minions just because they lost in a final? Losing 3 finals out of .. 30 something?

16. ericksakti

exactly because they only lose 3 times out of 30, so thats why they need to make a fuss out of it lol, because they dont know when it will happen again in the future

17. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Yuta/endo is currently #5 in the world, only 1 place below kamura/sonoda. will they be #1 japanese MD coming into the TC or will they stay at #2, we'll see.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Hahaha..4 out of 31 to be exact.. so people have to make fuss over it.. its the end bla bla bla.. When the end comes everything will end , not just Minions..

After winning so many finals, of course its part of sportsmen to experience losses.. Its not inconceivable that Minions might lose 2 more AE titles like Endo such is the volume of their finals. In the end they win lots more, thats what matters.

19. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

I think it's more on who they lost to, I don't think people would make a big fuss of it if they lose to any other pair.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Never stop to improve and be better.

https://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/9062

Marcus : We are grateful for this year's result. We played well, it was just that the opponents in the final were good. They had played good too at that time, never losing a game (coming to the final). They were being solid. At the end they were doing some pretty daring speculations.

Kevin : We had tried our best today, and perhaps a bit unlucky too because we had the lead in the end of the third game. Today, they played with such consistency and didn't make many unforced errors.

Marcus: Definitely we have tried our best. We fought in the first game and we lost. In the second game we changed our strategy, slowing down the pace a bit, and we have found the pattern there. But in the third game they tried to turn the pace up again. We had done our maximal effort, and we caught up with them. We did our best and lead 19-18 near the end, but they came forward to the net again. Yeah, I guess, maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Kevin : When we were leading 19-18 I did feeling rushed a bit and got to eager. Wanted to make the initiative first but it didn't work out and we ended up losing the points.

[​IMG]
    (All England Open 2020) Kevin/Marcus Finis Di Posisi Dua
    (Birmingham, 15/3/2020)

Pasangan ganda putra Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon harus puas di posisi dua All England Open 2020. Pada babak final, Kevin/Marcus harus mengakui keunggulan lawannya, Hiroyuki Endo/Yuta Watanabe (Jepang) dengan skor 18-21, 21-12, 19-21.

Meski tak berhasil menduduki podium juara, pencapaian Kevin/Marcus kali ini jauh lebih baik dari hasilnya di tahun lalu. Pada All England Open 2019, Kevin/Marcus terhenti di babak pertama.

“Hasil tahun ini kami syukuri saja. Main juga sudah baik, cuma di partai final lawannya memang bagus. Mereka lagi bagus juga, belum pernah kalah satu game pun. Lagi rapet juga mereka. Di akhir-akhir mereka melakukan spekulasi yang cukup nekat juga,” kata Marcus.

“Hari ini kami sudah coba yang terbaik, mungkin sedikit kurang hoki juga. Karena di akhir game kami sudah sempat leading. Hari ini mereka bermain dengan sangat konsisten dan nggak banyak melakukan kesalahan sendiri,” ungkap Kevin.

Kevin/Marcus memulai pertandingan dengan kehilangan game pertamanya. Beranjak ke game dua, mereka mulai menguasai permainan dan berhasil menang meyakinkan dengan 21-12. Sayang pada game penentu, perjalanan Kevin/Marcus tak semulus sebelumnya.

Mereka ketinggalan 0-6 di awal game ketiga. Endo/Watanabe secara konsisten terus memimpin jalannya pertandingan. Di sisi lain, Kevin/Marcus juga berusaha mengejar ketertinggalannya. Kevin/Marcus berhasil menyalip satu poin di posisi kritis menjadi 19-18. Sayang akhirnya tiga poin beruntun harus hilang dari tangan pasangan Indonesia. Endo/Watanabe pun sukses memastikan kemenangannya.

“Pastinya kami sudah mencoba melakukan yang terbaik. Game pertama kami sudah fight, terus memang kalah. Game kedua kami ubah strategi, mainnya agak dipelanin sedikit, di situ sudah ketemu polanya. Tapi game ketiga mereka coba mempercepat permainan lagi. Kami sudah coba melakukan dengan maksimal, kami juga sudah mengejar. Kami sudah melakukan yang terbaik. Akhir-akhir kami juga unggul 19-18, tapi mereka maju lagi nempel ke net. Ya mungkin belum rejeki ya,” jelas Marcus.

“Waktu kami unggul 19-18 memang sedikit buru-buru ya. Pengen menyerang duluan malah mati sendiri,” timpal Kevin.

Dengan demikian, Indonesia dipastikan pulang dengan satu gelar juara dari Praveen Jordan/Melati Daeva Oktavianti dan satu posisi runner up dari pasangan ganda putra, Kevin/Marcus.

Hasil lengkap pertandingan final All England Open 2020, Kamis (15/3), bisa dilihat di sini. (*)

#6020 yuquall, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    rhoder likes this.