Yonex Comfort Z2 anyone can share experience ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Eugen S., Mar 22, 2020.

1. Eugen S.

Eugen S. New Member

Hi,
    Planning to buy Comfort Z2, I had 65Z2 wide edition, and because it was to wide I sold them to one of my friends. Now planning to buy new pare and have possibility, for the same price, to buy comfort Z2,
    Can anyone compare them 65Z2 with Comfort Z2? or at least share their experience about comfort Z2?

Thanks

2. konww002

konww002 Regular Member

I bought a Comfort Z2 from the Yonex Tokyo Showroom. At first, the cushioning felt stiff. After wearing for a month or two, it broke into my feet well. Traction and cushioning was a big upgrade from Comfort Z, Epsilon Z and SC 6. Less stable than Epsilon Z or Wave Fang Pro.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

3. Eugen S.

Eugen S. New Member

Thanks for reply,

Maybe someone can compare it with 65 Z2 ?

4. whitegoh

whitegoh Regular Member

Account Analyst
    Got comfort Z2 and 65Z. Comfort Z2 definitely provides better cushioning but unfortunately is also noticeable heavier too. Still prefer 65Z as is a very well rounded shoes.

5. Eugen S.

Eugen S. New Member

Thanks mate,
    How about the ankle support? and does this cushion reduce repulsion ?

I have some Adidas that are really good in cushion but because of this, they are slow, they almost have no repulsion after cushion and also because of this my ankle have some troubles.

6. whitegoh

whitegoh Regular Member

Account Analyst
    Ankle support is adequate for me, didn't felt there is any issue with it. Just felt heavier than my previous shoes, so it does impact speed of the footwork when I'm getting tired.

7. whitegoh

whitegoh Regular Member

Account Analyst
    Just for your reference, I can felt the extra weight.

Attached Files:

8. Eugen S.

Eugen S. New Member

Hmm, I see they are wearing out fast? or this is not the best photo?

9. whitegoh

whitegoh Regular Member

Account Analyst
    Lighting condition wasn't good when I'm taking the photo and I need shrink down the picture size. Durability wise pretty still okay, got bit of wear but I play 3 times a week. If I can go back time to pick again, I will pick 65Z2 instead unless cushioning is no. 1 priority.

konww002 likes this.
  10. RichF

RichF Regular Member

I tried the Comfort and they were, well, comfortable...but were noticeably heavier and I just didn't feel as agile wearing them.

The extra cushioning wasn't a huge difference and for me it made them feel a bit stodgy.

I went for 65Z2 :)

11. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

I have the Comfort Z2. It's a great shoe that has a sock-like feel to them. Not as fast and my aerus 2's but better in all aspects.

12. Briyanihayakawa

Briyanihayakawa Regular Member

How was the Asics Badminton Shoe compared to the others?

13. ktran9918

ktran9918 New Member

How does it feel compared to the Z? I heard the Z is heavy, so maybe the Z2 may be lighter

14. Eugen S.

Eugen S. New Member

I finally got my Comfort Z2 and it's really great, comparable to 65Z2 it's a bit heavier but it's much more stable and the shape of laces really comfortable. On court I didn't felt it like heavy but the stability is the best, although not sure if this has more cushion than 65Z2. Over all i'm happy with it, hope they will last long.

15. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

Accidentally received the Comfort Z 2 when I had ordered a 65ZM 2. I so badly wanted to keep them because they are the more expensive model and I absolutely love some aspects of this shoe but others are holding it back. Oh and despite being 369g compared to the 293g of my Aerus 3's I actually have no issue with the weight. In fact it felt good knowing where you feet were moving compared to the Aerus 3's which don't give you as much weighty feedback or stability. Nonetheless here's my initial impressions below.

Just from wearing them around the house for a few hours and doing some jumping/lunging etc I concluded a few things:

The good: Excellent sole stability and bounce. Very comfortable and solid too. Very nice fit for neutral arch foot, slight raised heel feels good unlike some other raised heel shoes despite feeling different than the very low profile Aerus 3 I own. Overall these feel far better than Aerus 3 on the sole side.

The bad: Things get confusing though once you get to the top half of the shoe. The asymmetrical lacing pattern offers a nice snug lacing fit but can be prone to eating into your foot a bit at the very top due to the off centre nature and poor padding on the tongue. Which brings me to the biggest issue. The lack of any real padding on the top of the foot which makes the comfort quiet poor on the top side if you lace up tightly. Unlike most shoes with a separate padded tongue the Comfort Z 2 doesn't have enough padding which made the Aerus 3 far more comfortable on the top side which is really annoying considering one is marketed as a comfort shoe and the other a minimalist light weight shoe!!!

Update: So with a small amount of break in an a slightly thicker pair of socks these shoes become very comfy and my complaints about the tongue area are not a concern to me now. These feel really good and I decided to keep the Comfort Z 2 as my main shoe. I really enjoy wearing these with thicker socks now.

#15 seanc6441, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  16. Bharggav

Bharggav New Member

Hi,
    Can someone please help me out find whether the shoe I attached bottom is real or fake. I also have the scratch code. I found this on OLX and its hardly used and he is selling it for half the price. Can someone please help me take a decision as soon as possible please..
    I will be really thankful if some replies to my query in the earliest.
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

17. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

Looks exactly like mine, seems legit to me

18. Bharggav

Bharggav New Member

Thanks for ur reply

19. martinerk0

martinerk0 New Member

student
    Maybe late, but I made a video about this shoe, what is your experience after playing few months in it?

om patel and michael5098 like this.
  20. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

In the same size, wich wider between Comfort z2 wide with eclipsion z2 wide??