Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I will rather be good against 10 pairs let alone 20 pairs rather than be good just against 1 pair. I can live with it, maybe with better luck could have won 2 out of those 6 losses. Even their defensive resilience cause a lot of rubber matches, so its not easy being defensive winning straight sets. Top 10 in the world is mostly attacking pairs.

Its crazy that they beaten Minions 6 times, end with 2 titles. Not a bad , maybe moderate return for their efforts. probably even that is the reason that its not more.

But yeah they wont meet for another 6 months.. Could be a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe the next meeting will be at AE which will be ironic..

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I hope they will meet more often. It will be a very good training for minions especially in mental aspect. Hopefully minions can win soon :). Sucks to see them lose again and again. But that AE final was a great match overall.

3. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Wow got a brief summary why? Lol sorry I’ve been living in the well

4. wade

wade Regular Member

Basically prior to beijing olympics kido talk to PBSI and said that he and herry wasn't suitable. herry feel that it's only kido tactic to make his coach at the club that time (sigit pamungkas) to be the coach at the national team.

You should read the full interview here

https://www.cnnindonesia.com/olahra...m_content=cnnindonesia&utm_campaign=cmssocmed

Maybe use google translate :D

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I cant remember but is KidoHendra a consistent pair? Did they win many titles(before the SS era)? They used to be WR1 but any pair can be WR1 during chageover (like GohTan). The way i see it, KidoHendra is more like FajarRian...maybe a little bit better.

nowhere near CaiFu (hows their H2H?), and even further from Minions..

Its actually easier to be WR1 in MD compared to MenSingle. However, due to many tactical battles&ploys&cunningism, its actually harder to hold on to it as well. MS, if you are good, you are almost good for life like LD LCW KM..

6. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

7. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

that's because kido was always injured

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

If they meet at Olympics, both pairs will be nervous. I think Endo will be nerve wrecked. Bliowing away 16-10 lead in G2 GuangZHou Final. Giving away the game point by leaving the shuttle and 2 more errors at the receiving serve in G2.

Cant say he isnt lucky at AE. and AhsanHendra is so good at doing the separation. It actually surprise me that Minions didnt toy more with him at the end of G2.

Also, i think Minions finishing matches arent so good as well because they rarely put into these situations so if its close its really 50:50 toss unlike AhsanHendra who are used to these kinds of 2 points decider...

#6168 Yoji, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  9. wade

wade Regular Member

That's also because he didn't know the word "discipline" after he won the olympic. he quit from pelatnas because of hypertension, he simply can't eat clean. good for him that hendra was such a good friend that he decided to quit from the national team too so that he can still play with kido.

j4ckie likes this.
  10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Kevin gave away three of his items, one of it was the racket he used when he won his first AE 2017.
    I want the racket too!!

Source : https://360badminton.com/news/kevin...daily-wagerers-affected-by-covid-19-pandemic/

Kevin Sanjaya auctions off valuable racket to help daily wagerers affected by Covid-19 pandemic
    By
    Antio Despi
    -
    April 14, 2020
    [​IMG]
    World number 1 Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo auctioned off 3 of his sports items and donated the proceeds to Covid-19 relief funds. The auction fetched a total of Rp. 61 million (4510 USD).

The auction was held by Indonesian musician Armand Maulana @armandmaulana0 through an Instagram live stream.

The three items that Kevin put up for auction were a Yonex Power Cushion 65 X 2 Wide shoes which he last wore at the Indonesia Masters 2020, the t-shirt & shorts which he wore during the 2019 World Championships and a Yonex Arcsaber 11 racket. The three items raised Rp. 10 million (635 USD), Rp. 21 million (1334 USD) and Rp. 40 million (2541 USD) respectively.

Kevin admitted that it was rather difficult to let go of his valuables, especially the racket which he used when he won his first All England title in 2017.

“It’s a bit hard to give away this racket. This is the racket with which I won the All England for the first time in 2017,” said Kevin, as reported by Kompas.

“This racket is very historic for me. Hopefully, this racket can help people who have been affected by COVID-19,” said Kevin.

Since April 6, Armand has routinely invited public figures to participate in the auctioning of personal items. The proceeds from the auctions are distributed to small communities who rely on daily income such as motorcycle taxis, music concert crews, barbers etc

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

They love playing in Fuzhou that i'd say thats their second home. Their performances and scoreline there is even more convincing than their Istora score.. and its all because of that SF win in 2016. Never underestimate the first title in the city can give you. Since then, they are still unbeatable there.

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Just an article and interview with Kevin about him giving away his items on the auction and on the Olympics postponement.

http://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/9083

"I am glad if those could help those in need, hopefully the outcome from this auction can be useful in times like this"

The items gave away were valuable to Kevin. The Jersey was the one he wore when he won 4 top tournaments in 2019 which were China Open Super 1000, Denmark Open Super 750, French Open Super 750 serta Fuzhou China Open Super 750.

The racket itself had its own memorable value. It was the one that delivered him his first AE title in 2017.

Due to Corona pandemic tournaments are being suspended for about five months and including the Olympics which is being postponed till a year later.

Kevin : "It's alright for the Olympics to be postponed if it's for everyone's sake. As for our performance, it has been like this since a few years ago, if it were our fortune it won't go anywhere. We haven't even won a WC, not sure if it can be said that this is our peak."

Kevin, who with Marcus are at the World's ranking no.1, are going to take advantage of the time given to polish their performance.

[​IMG]
    Bantu Korban Corona, Kevin Sanjaya Lelang Raket dan Jersey

(Jakarta, 14/4/2020)

Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo melelang barang-barang miliknya untuk disumbangkan bagi masyarakat korban wabah virus Corona. 'Perlengkapan perang' yang dilelang Kevin terdiri dari raket, jersey serta sepatu yang biasa ia kenakan saat berjuang di lapangan bulutangkis.

Pemain ganda putra rangking satu dunia bersama Marcus Fernaldi Gideon ini berharap hasil lelang barang-barangnya ini bisa mengurangi beban mereka yang tengah berjuang menghadapi situasi yang tidak kondusif ini.

Dalam proses lelang yang dilakukan Kevin di Instagram Live pada Senin (13/4) malam bersama musisi Armand Maulana, sepatu Kevin terjual seharga Rp. 8 juta, jersey Rp. 21 juta, serta raketnya dibeli aktor Raffi Ahmad dengan nilai fantastis yaitu Rp. 40 juta.

"Senengnya itu bisa bantu mereka yang lagi butuh, semoga hasil lelang ini bermanfaat di saat seperti ini," kata Kevin saat diwawancara Badmintonindonesia.org.

Barang-barang yang dilelang Kevin merupakan barang-barang yang punya makna besar untuknya. Jersey yang dilelang ini merupakan jersey yang dipakainya saat menjuarai empat turnamen level bergengsi di tahun 2019 yaitu China Open Super 1000, Denmark Open Super 750, French Open Super 750 serta Fuzhou China Open Super 750.

Raket yang dilelang pun ternyata punya memori tersendiri. Ini merupakan raket yang mengantarkannya menuju gelar All England pertamanya pada tahun 2017.

Sebagai atlet, Kevin juga terkena dampak wabah Corona dengan batalnya seluruh turnamen selama kurang lebih lima bulan lamanya, termasuk turnamen puncak Olimpiade Tokyo 2020 yang bergeser penyelenggaraannya menjadi tahun depan.

"Kalau demi kebaikan bersama ya saya nggak ada masalah sih olimpiade ditunda," kata pemain asal klub PB Djarum ini.

"Soal performa kan dari beberapa tahun kemarin ya begini-begini aja, kalau memang rezeki tidak akan kemana kok. Dibilang lagi di peak performance, kan di kejuaraan dunia belum juara," pungkasnya.

Kevin yang bersama Marcus kini menduduki peringkat satu dunia, akan memanfaatkan waktu yang ada untuk memoles penampilan mereka. (*)

13. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Minions mentality are a bit weird, they have very strong mentality in general but when it comes to these kind of 2 points decider they often lost. I gotta admit in this aspect clearly ahsan/hendra are superior, there's at least 3 matches they won last year against yuta/endo when it was close / decided by 2 points (NZ open, IO, WTF), on the other hand minions lost 2 very close game against yuta/endo (HO last year, AE this year).

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yes, there are a lot of matches that AhsanHendra won by 2 points ( the most recent one against Lee/Wang at IM) not to forget had they lost G1 in WorldChamp, they will most likely lost the match, that games gives them an insurance game. and the one against Ou/Zhang 30-29 at Fuzhou which i though is match of the year. The only different is often times when Minions won 2 points (decider) in early rounds, like against ChoiSeo & EllisL they won the title, so its very decisive. and of course, when AhsanHendra won the 2 pointers quite often they meet Minions in the Final too, so they cant win that many ( though to me being Final already feels like Champion)

To me, its not Minions below average. it is really 50-50 in badminton. even more so than tennis because most of the deuces decides the game and not the set(/match) and tiebreaks you were given 7 points (chance). Its just that AhsanHendra is 75-25. Should be the highest in MD, they have a lot of these matches so its easy to gauge.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I mean even with his strong INA bias that one would be hard to defend tbh, they had 2 good years and weren't dominating even then, they can't compare to any of the pairs on his list imop (even if I personally strongly disagree with that list :D)

16. wade

wade Regular Member

Yeah it's more like his personal favorite pairs. he likes an attacking pair so I'm not surprised that he didn't put any korean pair in there.

#6176 wade, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

AndersAntonsen said he would like to play double with Kevin

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I would like to see Kevin's reaction when AA suggest them both to do an extravagance entry like that AA did in WC last year :D:D

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Herry IP : "It's one way to strengthen your arms muscle and .... fill in yourself :D:D "

20. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Lol he looks like 15 year old kid here