Badminton Rackets I have Owned - All Brands

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ramadasr, Apr 15, 2020.

1. ramadasr

ramadasr Regular Member

Thought of writing this which may help others to ask for more details if they are planning to buy new racket.

I have been playing badminton for over 4 years now and have owned few rackets that are popular. My play style is more defensive, placements and less offensive, so have always liked even balanced rackets for better control and also not sacrifice lot of power.

Yonex:
    Arcsaber 7, Duora 77, Arcsaber 11, Duora 10 , Astrox 88s.

Li-Ning:
    Calibar 900B , TC 75 ( n9 ii), TC 70 ( n7 ii)

Victor:
    Bravesword 12, Jetspeed 12.

Ashaway:
    Phantom X speed 1

Happy to answer any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 ramadasr, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    kwun likes this.
  2. dundee

dundee New Member

Artist
    I am intrigued by the Victor Bravesword 12 racket and I’m planning to buy one. I have been using the Yonex Acrsaber 7 for a while now and it would be a great help if you can compare both rackets for me. Thank you very much!

3. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

How do each brand's rackets differ in terms of their general feel?

4. ramadasr

ramadasr Regular Member

Very minimal difference in terms of power but bravesword 12 will be much much better racket in terms of control and accuracy. I know power is very specific to strength but in general . It is certainly an upgrade but u may like the Arcsaber 11 better . ( did i confuse you with an extra option )

5. ramadasr

ramadasr Regular Member

Well it racket felt really different with different strings . I have rotated with bg66ultimax, nanogy 99, 95, bg 65ti .

The best feel has been with arcsaber 11 and calibar 900 .

I would rate Yonex has better feel than Lining and Lining better than Victor overall . Just my feeling .

I have friends who love only victor rackets and few use only Lining . So there is always an argument with the feel . Dont go buy the brand name . Try the racket and see how you feel when you swing them .

6. dundee

dundee New Member

Artist
    Thank you ramadsar! I was also considering Arcsaber 11 at first but I’m afraid it would be too stiff for my liking. I have an injured shoulder that’s why I am now looking at a bit more flexible rackets. Thanks for confirming that the Bravesword 12 is an upgrade from the Arcsaber 7. Have a nice day!

7. Airputih

Airputih New Member

Is it difficult to play with racket from different brand? I only use one racket right now (mizuno) and planning to buy another racket from different brand (yonex/li ning).

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

i play from Yonex to Babolat to Lining to Victor to Apacs. Yes all feel different, but as long the spec is not far from your preference, it only takes some times to get used to new racket. Even with the same brand it wilk takes time to adapt.

Only Apacs that fail me as its a fast aero frame & the lightest of all my previous racket.

9. ramadasr

ramadasr Regular Member

Wouldn’t prefer Apacs except if you playing nylon . I haven’t come across an apacs which is good for feather in even balanced class .

10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

its not coz of Apacs. AVP is good racket actually. Fast agile yet power not much getting left behind in power. Paint quality is good to compare to low end Lining.

It just that, its not my preference. I prefer more on power than speed & pure power is what i want. AVP being the lightest of all my racket, it generate less power tho not very bad but just a little & being aero frame it feel less solid than the rest boxy frame of my other racket which makes me didnt like it more than anything. Its good racket to play but not my taste.

11. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

I've own quite a lot of different racket and sell it, from yonex mizuno lining victor apacs proace and etc(Mostly Yonex & Mizuno)
    Across all brands the one that i think the most consistent across all lineup is Yonex and Lining,they tend to feel similar throughout each of their own brand, Yonex tends to feel more hard and give good and solid feel + direct feedback, meanwhile Lining also feels solid but it is a little bit softer than Yonex
    Victor also has a good feedback but i just feel its not as solid as 2 other brands(perhaps because i've only tried their sword/aeroframe BS,JS,ARS and never touch Thruster series)
    Mizuno racket lacks consistency i'd say, the reason why i mainly own and buy its racket is because im a fanboy of Mizuno as a whole, not only in badminton.On JPX Limited series, the weight diferrence between each racket is too much, i've even got a 84gr&88.7gr copy, also Mizuno racket tends to feel solid on hand but when you play sometimes you can feel the vibration a bit too much onto the grip and it feels a bit hollow, but it still give a very good feedback and hard feel similar to Victor, not on Yonex level tho.Also this doesnt happen on its Fortius 10 & Altius 01, this 2 racket feel different from other lineup it feels a bit soft ( a little bit harder than lining) & dampened but it give a very good feedback and the most repulsive racket ive ever tried (esp Altius)
    Durability wise i'd say Lining 1st, Mizuno 2nd , Yonex & Victor kinda on the same level :D
    Bear in mind this is all i've personally experienced and what i feel and what i like might be different (I tend to like solid,hard feeling & direct feedback racket, therefore Yonex is my favorite objectively, but i love Mizuno so yeah... :D)

#11 Coolkas, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Duc Tai Duong likes this.
  12. ramadasr

ramadasr Regular Member

I have not used Phantom speed 2. But comparing with phantom speed 1 and arcsaber, 7, two major differences is the weight.

Speed 1 - 84gms
    Arcsaber 7 - 88gms approx and both dry weight

Speed 1 is tad bit head heavier than arcsaber 7.

13. ramadasr

ramadasr Regular Member

With all honesty, if you like even balanced racket, you can’t go wrong with arcsaber 11

14. ramadasr

ramadasr Regular Member

Anyday Arcsaber 11 is better than xspeed 1. Arcsaber 11 is slightly stiffer than xspeed but has very good feel. I am assuming you play feather and not nylon.

15. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

Are the newer Li-nings (Calibar 900s, TC) an improvement over the older versions like LN Woods N90 and is the tech really a step behind Yonex?

16. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

which li ning and victor rackets have the hold feel that arc 11 has?