Redson stuff

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Martynas, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Dhandapani

Dhandapani Regular Member

It is better than Astrox 88

2. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Any Redson users could give a feedback on the rigidity of the shaft announced by the manufacturer compared to Yonex?

Hesitating between what Redson calls a "rigid" and a "medium stiff" shaft.

3. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

I think they refer to the feel when you are playing when they mention 'rigid' and shaft stiffness is stiffness, and for example shape 07 is really stiff, almost the same stiff as gravitas 8.0

yenyesoh and LenaicM like this.
  4. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Thank you :). I'm looking at the AT-28 3U defensive profile which has a medium shaft. Hesitating between this and an astrox 88S 3U.

5. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

very different rackets :) at-28 is oval not iso, so be prepared that sweet spot is towards lower part of the frame, and aero vs box (but 88 has quite small head so still fast) something boxy with iso head from redson range would be more close

LenaicM likes this.
  6. Islubio

Islubio Regular Member

Maybe u can take a look at shape 01 / shape 01 stiff.

Currently am using the 01 stiff 4u and it's just slightly head heavier compared to my nanoflare 800. Much lighter compared to my 88d. I would say the 3u would bring the weight close to am 88s with bp at 290 vs 295(4u)

yenyesoh and LenaicM like this.
  7. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    If anyone would let go their shape 01 stiff 3u, please message me. Thanks

8. elbe_

elbe_ Regular Member

Is there any US-22 users? I would like to know how's the stiffness, real balance point and how it plays.
    Have to say it is pretty damn good looking racket.

Also interested to hear about Shape 01 too, is it more defence style racket than us-22?

9. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Anyone knows how are we able to get the latest redson shape sg in Singapore ?

10. elbe_

elbe_ Regular Member

I actually bought one, because my interest was so big for this racket.

Have to say it has very good price-quality value.
    Paint job is flawless, details is good and racket looks very hi-end.

I play mostly with my 3U Auraspeed 90s so i bought 3U version for US-22 too.
    I don´t do big review cause haven't played with that much, but here is few words.

First impress was that us-22 is faster than 90s, it has that "hybrid" shape head and it is very thin sword type on top and boxier on bottom. Head is heavier than 90s and shaft is little bit flexier, but racket head feels nice and stiff to play. Redson says it is offensive+ oriented racket, my opinion it is more attacking-allround type. It reminds me bs12 but with more feel, more power and accuracy. For me it suits better than bs12, but will it suit me better than 90s...
    only time will tell. Any way it is easy racket to pick up and play with

It came with bare wooden handle , where i but on original victor´s factory grip + redson overgrip. I order it with redson m-5 strings to test and those feels very decent quality too. In that setup; weight is 92g and balance point is 293mm. With only factory grip+strings weight is 89g and bp:302mm. With wooden handle and strings; weight 82g and bp:322mm

Hope this helps if some one else considering US-22

Here is few pics

Attached Files:

#30 elbe_, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    LenaicM likes this.
  11. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

I still think us-20 is better than us-22: 80 holes vs 72, a bit more compact head and stiffer, it would be perfect racket if you would take shape 07 shaft and slap it on us-20 :)

12. elbe_

elbe_ Regular Member

I read your review and actually consider us-20 first, but for me us-22 was better option i think. I discussed with the seller and i ended up us-22 because of same shaft stiffness, little bit for more head weight (seller measured), bigger head and more user friendly to play with. it´s is very hard to make decision without trying racket first. Like JS10 but head is too compact for my taste. Hope some day i can try us-20 too :)

13. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

us-20 head is a tad bigger than js10, being wider, and the same length, so actually it is not difficult to play with, just the shaft could be much stiffer :D but one of the best rackets tried, but I imagine that us-22 is even more user friendly

14. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Could you kindly compare Redson US20 with other rackets you have own? I'm interested with the 80 holes design.

15. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

it is quick all arounder, so medium power, but very good in defense and at the net tape level, as a said if the stiffness of the shaft would be the same as shape 07 - it would be just perfect, but from current existing rackets with 80 wholes probably the best choice. but I would go only with 3u option. It is quicker than JS10 for example, but js10 has better control and power, though being more wider and having bigger sweet spot it is way more forgiving than JS10.

elbe_ and -Silver- like this.
  16. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks for the feedback! Seems like a good defensive racket, tempted to try their lineup but it is difficult to get in my area. :(

17. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

I tried the Shape 01 and it's a very nice racket, solid, stiff, stable and very fast. The stringbed response is very good. Only gripe is it is too fast for proper control as it feels head light. There are rackets which feels incredibly fast for their specs but at least they feel medium balanced or moderately head heavy. Shape 01 is excellent except that it was a bit too head light feeling for me to properly control it. Headlight + extraordinary speed makes it too feathery for me.