Paint chip on cone

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ketan Patil, May 3, 2020.

1. Ketan Patil

Ketan Patil Regular Member

I had noticed this paint chip on my racket cone(the part where the handle and shaft meet) a few months back. I thought I would ask about in on badminton central but couldn't as something or the other came in between and I used to forget about it. Now that we're in lockdown, I am asking about it.

Screenshot_20200503_220944.png Screenshot_20200503_221003.png Screenshot_20200503_221020.png

It's not a fake, I checked on sunrise website. What do you think would have caused it? BTW it's a Voltric 0.1 DG if that has anything to do with it.

2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I've had yonex and victor rackets with that problem.
    The cone chips just like other parts of the racket.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

My TK770 also had the same chip, on my Lining MP UC5000 its not yet chipped but paint crack on the same area.

Maybe its coz of the shaft flex, it give preasure on the cone, crack the paint around it, & eventually peel off itself. Its my assumtion tho, idk if its true or not

Ketan Patil likes this.
  4. Ketan Patil

Yes, it might be the reason.

5. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

maybe, you didn't hit the shuttle at the center of the racket. When you smashed hardly, it caused "twist".

6. Ketan Patil

Well, I didn't understand. Could you please elaborate?

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

pretty simmilar to racket shaft bending.
    Bending : you hold both end of the racket (grip & top frame), & then you push down inward, kinda like you try to make U shape on your racket (tho not much bend to make it actual U). Pretty sure you understand it, sorry im not to good at explaning:p.

Twist : instead of bending to make it U, you hold the grip strong & on the top frame you try to rotate the head. The less twist it is, the more forgiving the racket on miss hit.

The logic is simple. The shaft located in the middle of the frame, so does the sweer spot also somewhere in the middle to between left & right. When you do perfect hit, the energy transfer between string & shaft is in its optimum way making your stroke very satisfying. But when you hit (let say) on the right side near the frame, you get unbalance force on the head where the right side is pushing backward but on the left side it stay still & resulting the shaft twist instead of bending, so the energy transfer is lessen.

Ketan Patil likes this.