Li ning aeronaut 9000 white or astrox 99 or victor thruster ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by myeoh92, Feb 19, 2020.

1. myeoh92

myeoh92 New Member

HI all,

im a low intermediate single player here, been playing around 5 months now and trying to get a betterracket then the one im using which is the li ning windstorm 75 and 78.

i can only choose 1 out of the 3 options due to my budget constriants and like to ask if anyone could recommend out of the three? what about the astrox 100zz, is it the far superior option then the three mention?

thanks,

2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

I use N80II, I haven't used any of those three but for a low intermediate player AN 9000 SYQ would be a good option, because it is flexible, head heavy and also 86 grams which is at the lower end of 3U.

3. myeoh92

myeoh92 New Member

is the racket you mention li ning 9000 SYQ racket the same as the current racket that ginting is using?

4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yeah.

5. Joshuathimolty

Joshuathimolty New Member

i mean if you already can afford ax99, your budget is more than enough. IMO, i guess you should try AN9000, it is a more forgiving racket rather than ax99. Also i haven't tried any victor rackets.

6. marios

marios New Member

Aeronaut 9000 is flexible and forgiving racket unlike some of Yonex high end rackets like AX99 or AX100. But for my taste, AN9000 is slow (not a problem for singles, but big problem for doubles) and not so solid feel and precision like Yonex higher end rackets. Even Z-force II 4U that I use mostly is faster and more precise than AN9000. For me, AN9000 is better for net play.
    Keep in mind, AN9000 is much heavier and has different balance point than Windstorm series that you use, so it will be different feel.
    I think that AX99 has better feel and more precision but it is not so forgiving so you need to have precise hand. It is not always that forgiving rackets are for beginners-intermediate players and unforgiving for top player, but it is more about your advantages in biomechanis - precision or speed etc. I am intermediate player but I play better with more demanding racket like Yonex Z-force II or higher end Astrox series than more forgiving Aeronout 9000. And some of my friends with similar skills but different biomechanics play better with more flexible rackets like AN9000. So better try to borrow this 2-3 models from some friends to find out what you prefer like I did.
    I have not used Victor Thruster so I cannot comment.

7. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

What dont you like about windstorm 75 that makes you want to upgrade?

8. Tino

Tino Regular Member

Maybe a thruster 6000 or 7000 can be good for you. Try to avoid the 9900, and the thruster F/FC, since you'll have a hard time extracting the maximun performance of those racket