String recommendation Doura Z-Strike, Astrox 55

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Tadas Ivanauskas, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Tadas Ivanauskas

Tadas Ivanauskas Regular Member

I agree on laziness and thought the same give it on different days next time, but more likely I will do it in different place - if he is not respecting what I ask. Tennis high season started and probably he is to busy... pitty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Tadas Ivanauskas

Sorry, have not recorded any video of that

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Never, go to such a guy again. Your little girl grows. From my view as a stringer such high tensions are too much for little bodies. There is not reason to string at 31lbs for a 10 years old girl.

That's normal. The DZS has a compact frame. Even with same tension it's harder to hit consistent with a compact frame compared to normal headed racket, because the sweet spot is smaller.

That's sounds like he don't know what he do. Any other stringer is better than a guy who is not honest with his customers.

I would visit him and claim to restring the other racket for free. Just imagine you order a Pizza Funghi und a Pizza Salame and get two Salame, you won't accept it. If he is unable to document customer requests, it's not your burden to accept anything he will throw to your feet, it's his burden to give the customer what he ordered. Look for a different stringer. He seems to be a stringer you should avoid.

4. surge

surge Regular Member

5. surge

surge Regular Member

With regards to tension, high tension requires both. Fast swing and a good contact( like a one inch punch) so that the force during contact short and immediate to cos string to stretch and bounce bad. Becos it's tight, stretch bd return much faster causing shutter to fly much faster during initiate approx. 1/3 of flight before being slowed down by drag when feather open up as it travels. (likewise you can increase the contact time and will lose power in you wan to change a fast swing shot to a drop etc)
    I find it good to keep string abt 25 minimum. This allows one to focus on swing techniques. You can be lazy w your swing.. Or not shuttle won fly far.

6. Tadas Ivanauskas

I would not like to believe that he is arrogant and it was not much stress, just lesson in my mind
    Already earlier thought about machine, but have no idea about its price, etc?
    Yesterday training daughter was back with her AX55 and didn’t use other rackets - her opinion was it is best stringing solution so far (10kg/11kg BG66UM).

Regarding DZS, I will try one more training session if not I want to test AX77, AX88S, Victor JS12 (yellow), Forza Precision 10000M, 11000m, Light 6.1,Adidas Wucht P3maybe some Adidas if I could find them here. Not in one time of course just will look in detail for next purchase thnx to @Dave1011 and his advises/offers as others here in forum. Very nice to have opinions from positive people

Dave1011 likes this.
  7. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    More important to focus on swing technique is a training racket, a coach and something to record yourself. I'm not a fan of recommending stringing tighter to be more forced to hit it more clean.

Even with a more loose string bed you can learn it to be consistent in regards of timing. IMO a loose strings is much better than too tight strings to learn, because you are not concentrated and tense to hit the shuttle with a result (clean and deep/hard). You can much easier focuse on the swing with reduced speed to learn it right. As you say a higher tension require a faster swing speed. Learning swings is easier first with slower speed and some weight in the head which stabiilze the swing.

BTW tensions are meaningless to state here. Atm the temperature in Singapore is 10 degrees higher than in my country (Germany) or @Tadas Ivanauskas country (Lithuania). That means that shuttles fly faster in Singapore and asians tend to play faster shuttles (my experience) because they string higher as well. If I would be somewhere in Asia now I would also increase tension and trust me, if you come over here for a trip to play, you would lower your tension, because of the facts that the people here prefer to play slower shuttles and the temp is much lower.

#27 ucantseeme, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Tadas Ivanauskas likes this.
  8. surge

surge Regular Member

I played during winter 2018 in inner mongolia China... Outside temperate - 20to-30 at night.. Once warmed up can't stop... Cos cool down so fast and muscle stiffened! But I enjoyed myself. Played almost everyday from 5 to 10pm. For almost 3 weeks. Strung them at 28lb too when string snap. Maybe the level of play there n back home is different too
    So didn't feel the strain even at 28 in cold weather.

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    As I said before asians also tend to use faster shuttles and tensions are nearly worthless to state because ever machine and stringer assemble a request different. What you wanna tell us with your tension choice? You are a better player and other can't hit like you or should be as you? What's your intention behind suggesting 25lbs as a minimum tension?

10. surge

surge Regular Member

Never said I am a better player. U just assume I am trying to say playing at 28lb means better player. I used to play at 24 thinking 25 or even higher tension is unthinkable. It was in badminton central I met someone from hk and arranged to play with him in hk. He plays at 28to30lbs at age 60plus. I tried his rackets and actually it's abt how one hits the shuttle.(learbt from him). If like u what u say all stringers different and stating tension is worthless than why are we even talking abt tension here? You are entitled to tell people to use lower tension to focus on swing. I am entitled to tell people that stringing at 25 can force one to focus on swing techniques. Or shall I just assume that u suggesting using lower tension to swing over higher means u think u are better player than me? I don't think in this way. And it doesn't matter too if u are better or not. I benefited from playing at 25lb and up and just like to share what I have experienced. So if it makes u happier.. U can be the better player

Also by saying its how one hits.. I am just saying that one can learn n benefit from it instead of I can hit this i am better than u. So don't be so petty abt this. In the last 10 years I have learnt alot from this forum and badminton has become more fun. For those who never did... Try it at 25..dont like it. Change it back. Its just a string.

Please stop misleading people that higher tension = better player. Don't be so naive abt it.

#30 surge, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    MoonJogger likes this.
  11. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

I used to play with both NF700 and N9ii. N9ii is sheer power. NF 700 is bit lack in power to me. Today I played with my new AX55 and I must say overall feeling is really good. I think control and accuracy wise ax55 is better than above 2. Of cause 9ii has more power but for my self AX 55 is easier to generate power and it feels easy to handle because of the light weight. AX 55 is definitely more powerful than NF 700. But NF 700 feels soft and easy to use though